Charter College Admissions Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 30, 2017

2.9

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Charter College.

Interview

I met with the Campus President and then the Director of Admissions. The Director of Admissions was meeting with a student. I had to leave for an hour and come back to finish the interview. They gave me a tour of the campus and followed up the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe there are aliens?   1 Answer
  • Do you have good credit?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Charter College

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Charter College (Anchorage, AK).

Interview

Applied online was then invited to a group interview 9 or so people. When they went around you could tell almost immediatly by the answers to the questions who was getting called back. I was one of them. Phone interviewer asked questions to see if you can think on your feet.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever read interviewing for dummies???   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay was set but ask questions about upward mobility and turn over.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charter College (Vancouver, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was invited to the group interview by Ardie. At the group interview I was asked to describe myself. After being asked a question, 2 out of 4 people interviewing the group weren't even listening. I would say group interviews are pointless. I emailed Ardie a couple of days after the group interview to get a follow up - complete ignore! Did I not deserve "Sorry, you were not selected to continue on to the one-on-one interview process" at the least? Too bad, missed out on a good worker!

Interview Questions

Charter College Response

Mar 29, 2016 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for the feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like a copy of the original email sent to all candidates that were not selected for a final one-on-one interview. It... More

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charter College (Sandy, UT) in February 2016.

Interview

After uploading my resume and filling out the application online, I had to complete 2 very long questionnaires that took about an hour each. I was emailed 5 days later to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager 2 days later. After the phone interview, I was invited to an in-person interview with the Director of Admissions.
    There was a scheduling conflict and the Director of Admissions was meeting with another interviewee when I arrived. I had to wait for 15 minutes before I met with the Assistant Director of Admissions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Charter College (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2015.

Interview

The process began with an email from a very pleasant and helpful corporate recruiter named Arde. I can't say enough good things about how helpful Arde was during this entire process. After finishing the application, taking an initial vocation/personality test, I had a phone interview with Arde which went relatively well. Following the phone interview, I was emailed five questions to answer regarding the position, what I had learned about the College, and how I planned to meet the goals and objectives of being an AR at Charter. The final step was an in-person interview with Jill, whose job title I believe was Operations Manager. Good luck finding the office though, as it was poorly labeled, tucked away all neatly among many other non-related businesses, and isn't even called Charter College ... but that's another issue entirely.

Jill was also nice, and her questions were pretty straight forward about the job and how I would be able to meet the very rigid quota system they had established. I got the very distinct impression through Jill's questions, however, that the goal of this position had very little to do with what was best for the student. This is a position geared more towards the used car salesmen sector than it is a typical Admissions Representative role. If you care about students and want to help them make decisions that will actually benefit their lives, look at one of the many other local colleges and universities in the area. If you can sell a used convertible during a rain storm, however, you will do just fine here.

Interview Questions

• Would you ever bend the truth or embellish certain details in order to sell a student on enrolling at Charter?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canyon Country, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Charter College (Canyon Country, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I filled out an online application and completed an assessment test that took almost an hour, so be prepared to spend time on it.

The next day I was contacted via email by the recruiter (Arde) to complete a questionnaire for their sales position. This one was only took about 20 minutes, and I received a copy of the results which was cool.

Two days later I was contacted again by the same recruiter for a telephone interview and it was arranged for the next day. The call took about 40 minutes and I was asked a lot of questions about sales, my sales style, overcoming objections, being comfortable in a quota environment and working in a short sales cycle. The recruiter spent the first several minutes stating all the requirements of the position, the company and the hiring process which was nice because I had the information up front, but then I didn't have a lot of questions to ask at the end because they had already been answered.

The next morning I received a no thank you email from the recruiter (Arde)

Interview Questions

• You stated that this was the perfect position for you, yet you were unable to answer my questions about who we are, and the student we serve. Please explain how you would be able to make an educated decision about joining our company if you did not conduct research on us.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charter College (Vancouver, WA) in August 2014.

Interview

You will submit your resume and then take an online test that will qualify or disqualify you immediately! It is the Biggs test. You don't need an associates or any degree to get a job here! They want pushy aggressive car sales people personalities that have few morals.

If you get called into for an interview you'll meet with the DOA who is the car salesperson personality totally so talk sales and tell him you are wonderful. Please make sure you get your promises in writing and that you do not sign the arbitration agreement. If you meet the President, you are likely going to get an offer but again, read, read and buyer beware!

Interview Questions

Reviews are horrible for this school

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charter College (Vancouver, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

Phone from corporate, Ardie and then in person with the DOA and maybe some reps
    The DOA will like you right away or not. If you are bubbly, even with no experience, you'll get the job. If you are older, say over 50, don't bother because they are horrible to older employees. Dress professionally.

Interview Questions

• Normal everyday questions although the reps might ask more personal ones that aren't
      allowed to be asked. Charter doesn't follow the rules however   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charter College (Vancouver, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

I submitted an online application with the online assessments. They were pretty time consuming test. It took me about 1.5 hours to complete. I was contacted within 3 days by Arde a corporate recruiter. We arranged a phone interview. I prepared for the phone interview and to my surprise Arde never called! She sent me a email about 10 minutes after our scheduled phone interview to reschedule. I thought this was highly unprofessional but I agreed to reschedule. The phone interview went well. We spent about 30 minutes focusing on why choose a career in sales and what do you know about their school.
    I went on to the next interview with the director of admissions. He informed me before the interview started that the position had been filled and there was a mistake on their part. We proceeded with a quick meeting/interview since I was there already. He implied that that interview would be considered if another position that met my qualifications opened. Overall I was glad I didn't get the position. My first impression of the company was there was something very shady going on. Be aware of first impressions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charter College (Lynnwood, WA) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied online Sunday night. I was emailed to take a 1-hour assessment test online. The assessment took over an hour as it consisted of extremely advanced math questions (i.e. algebraic equations, ratios, and word problems), English (i.e. mainly analogies and word comprehension), and self-assessment questions (i.e. basically rating yourself on various topics), which I aced! I was contacted by Arde, a corporate recruiter for the company, to complete TWO ADDITIONAL assessments online. One assessment was in complex math (which was timed) and the other assessment was a self-questionnaire. After I completed all the unnecessary assessments, Arde contacted me to set up a phone interview. She conducted a 30-40 minute long phone interview, which I aced! I was then set up to meet with the Director of Admissions and Campus President a few days later. I arrived 45 minutes early to the interview (just wanted to be on time) and ended up waiting 30 minutes past my scheduled interview. I was a bit pissed because that is very unprofessional. Neither the President nor the Director of Admissions came out to say they were sorry. Once I finally was invited to interview in the President’s office, I was hounded with questions left and right WITH NO TIME TO THINK. I would barely finish answering a question with one person, and the next person would fire off another question. It went that way for a good 30-35 minutes, and I was absolutely exhausted. The whole interview felt very unprofessional and ruthless. Both the President and Director of Admissions were cold, inconsiderate, and misleading. Even after all that, I still felt I aced the interview! Well, the next day I received an ambiguous email from Arde (the recruiter) that they will be moving forward with other candidates that more closely fit the position. AT THIS POINT, I AM SO PISSED THAT it took me a while to realize: I AM TOO GOOD FOR THEM. I don’t need to work in such a negative and unprofessional environment and horrible management team. All in all, the whole thing left a sour taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions that had nothing to do with the position requirements, scenarios, or duties. However, the horrible management kept asking about numbers, results, and ruthless recruiting tactics.   Answer Question