Charter Communications Broadband Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Charter Communications Broadband Technician Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2016

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Reno, NV).

Interview

It is a series of questions that pertain to your personal life and work ethic and make sure you know what integerty means to you. You also need to have urgency to work hard and be smart about power tools such as drills and things similar. Must be decent in math cause a lot of the job is dealing with signal loss as you use more cable.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Charter Communications

Anonymous Employee in North Windham, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications (North Windham, CT) in November 2016.

Interview

Process for me was rather quick. Submitted application next day was told to take assessment test. Then interview was set up for next day. But then came the waiting game took almost a month for them to make a decision.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle upset customers? Name some strengths and weaknesses in yourself? A few different scenario questions such as the first.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation you get what they feel you are worth in terms of experience.

Broadband Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Charter Communications in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was easy, the interviewer told me exactly what was expected from employees. Long hours, rude customers, short time frames, and frequent procedure changes. Asked to give different examples of how you had previously handled situations such as job safety, rude customers, changes in work specs, and hours.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

It seemed pretty slow. Background checks take forever and they like to start people in groups. Overall, wasn't too bad because HR kept me posted throughout. They also worked around my old job for scheduling interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

1)Standard questions
    2) Phone screen with HR
    3) Panel interview with Operations Supervisors and Operations Manager
    4) After the interview expect a few days to elapse before you are contacted by HR for the decision

Interview Questions

• 1) Where do you see yourself in 5 years
      2) What makes you qualified to perform in this position
      3) What are your strengths/weaknesses
      Answer Question

Broadband Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Charter Communications in March 2016.

Interview

Very laid back and open process. Get management and employees. HR department answered all and any questions I had. Background check and drug testing simple. All you have to do is be honest with the company.

Interview Questions

• Do you have knowledge of cable installing   1 Answer

Negotiation

Are you willing to work hard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Charter Communications (North Worcester, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Got a phone call. And was asked to take an assesment test. Next day called for interview. Went in met with HR manager. Then with supervisor and co. Asked basic interview question was told id here back. Last week. So hopefully i hear back from them. Would actually enjoy climbing and hooking up cable

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by two experienced field managers from the area. It was a swift and concise interview with basic questions about irate customers, fellow employees, some technical issues, and if I was afraid of heights or confined spaces. The interview lasted about 15 minutes and I felt relaxed and comfortable throughout.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important part of helping an irate customer?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Stockbridge, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Stockbridge, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview over the phone, second interview with hr person, supervisor, and manager. Asked about working around snakes, rats, and spiders. Very detailed background check. Didn't really need and cable back ground, they are very willing to train

Interview Questions

• What's some key points to to great customer service   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Hickory, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied 4 weeks ago and then I received a call form a women in Charlotte, asking me to take the assessment as soon as possible which sounds promising, like they need people. I took it on a Tuesday it was about one and a half hours to finish the assessment. Next day I was called to set up an interview for the end of the week, on Friday and the interview was different. The manager was very laid back and it seemed like there were supposed to be others interviewed as well but I was the only one who showed up. So he proceeds to tell me a little about the job and then I jump in asking as many questions about the job as I would assume are appropriate. Then the manager asks me why I haven't asked about benefits and pay and I told him it doesn't seem like something to ask on the first interview when I'm trying to get the job, he wanted me to ask the questions that way I could make an informed decision, like he really wants me to work for them which was great. I thought the interview went very well, now I'm just waiting for a call back in order to go through background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Why haven't you asked about the pay and benefits?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.