Charter Communications Broadband Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Charter Communications Broadband Technician Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2016

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Reno, NV).

Interview

It is a series of questions that pertain to your personal life and work ethic and make sure you know what integerty means to you. You also need to have urgency to work hard and be smart about power tools such as drills and things similar. Must be decent in math cause a lot of the job is dealing with signal loss as you use more cable.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Charter Communications

Anonymous Employee in North Windham, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications (North Windham, CT) in November 2016.

Interview

Process for me was rather quick. Submitted application next day was told to take assessment test. Then interview was set up for next day. But then came the waiting game took almost a month for them to make a decision.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle upset customers? Name some strengths and weaknesses in yourself? A few different scenario questions such as the first.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation you get what they feel you are worth in terms of experience.

Broadband Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Charter Communications in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was easy, the interviewer told me exactly what was expected from employees. Long hours, rude customers, short time frames, and frequent procedure changes. Asked to give different examples of how you had previously handled situations such as job safety, rude customers, changes in work specs, and hours.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

It seemed pretty slow. Background checks take forever and they like to start people in groups. Overall, wasn't too bad because HR kept me posted throughout. They also worked around my old job for scheduling interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

1)Standard questions
    2) Phone screen with HR
    3) Panel interview with Operations Supervisors and Operations Manager
    4) After the interview expect a few days to elapse before you are contacted by HR for the decision

Interview Questions

• 1) Where do you see yourself in 5 years
      2) What makes you qualified to perform in this position
      3) What are your strengths/weaknesses
      Answer Question

Broadband Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Charter Communications in March 2016.

Interview

Very laid back and open process. Get management and employees. HR department answered all and any questions I had. Background check and drug testing simple. All you have to do is be honest with the company.

Interview Questions

• Do you have knowledge of cable installing   1 Answer

Negotiation

Are you willing to work hard.

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Asheville, NC).

Interview

First contact from charter was an email, to fill out your opinions and how you would handle situations in the work place. I also received a phone call the same day from a rep. Asking me to do an interview in my town. I went to the office and had my interview with a recruiter, two techs. And a rep. They were all very polite. After they talked over the interview they brought me in again and offered me the job starting at their base pay and also telling me about what I need when I start my first day and also what they will do as far as training.

Interview Questions

• First question was to tell them about myself, and work history. They also asked to explain my work ethic. They also asked to describe why they should hire me. Very easy questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Charter Communications (North Worcester, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Got a phone call. And was asked to take an assesment test. Next day called for interview. Went in met with HR manager. Then with supervisor and co. Asked basic interview question was told id here back. Last week. So hopefully i hear back from them. Would actually enjoy climbing and hooking up cable

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by two experienced field managers from the area. It was a swift and concise interview with basic questions about irate customers, fellow employees, some technical issues, and if I was afraid of heights or confined spaces. The interview lasted about 15 minutes and I felt relaxed and comfortable throughout.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important part of helping an irate customer?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Stockbridge, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Stockbridge, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview over the phone, second interview with hr person, supervisor, and manager. Asked about working around snakes, rats, and spiders. Very detailed background check. Didn't really need and cable back ground, they are very willing to train

Interview Questions

• What's some key points to to great customer service   1 Answer