Charter Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.6

Roc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

The question they asked were a little tough and made you think outside the box a little, I can not remember any of the specific question but they were all related to previous work experience within the company

Network Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Charter Communications (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I was an Internal candidate.

Applied to the Engineer role multiple times.

Finally discovered that a degree is required despite "or equivalent experience" stated very clearly in the requirements. Despite significant time with the company (read years and years) they will not advance anyone to an engineer without a bachelors degree.

Heart breaking experience.

HR is extremely rude; verbally abusive. HR is not on your side as an employee. They do not care. They need to clean house with HR.

I thought I would have a career with Charter, but I see zero reason to stay with a company that does not lift up its own people. The HR issue is only going to get worse with the acquisition of Time Warner.

They would rather hire people with magical bachelors degrees of basket weaving from outside DOCSIS who know nothing about DOCSIS than the people who have been in it and know it who [ironically] do not make enough $ at Charter to afford to go to or finish out their college degrees, because for some reason having a bachelors equates to actual experience.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, did a series of phone interviews and then several face-to-face interviews. The whole process took six weeks. The recruiter was great in keeping me updated throughout the process, and called or emailed me almost weekly.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about pricing models for different types of enterprise customers.   Answer Question

Client Solutions Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Latham, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Latham, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

It was a longer than expected interview process. All said and done, it was about 6 interviews including a trip to NYC so interview with senior management. Fun experience to be honest, just lengthy

Interview Questions

• What is one of your biggest strengths?   1 Answer

Call Center Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Louisville, KY) in November 2016.

Interview

They called, caught me off guard and wanted to do a phone interview. He sounded like he was getting annoyed with me when I didn't know exactly what a particular piece of equipment was. Then when I said I couldn't work past 7 pm, he cut me short and said they would not be going further with the interview.

Interview Questions

• He wanted me to explain the different types of equipment.   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through Indeed and invited to submit an application. Shortly after I was contacted by another recruiter and set up a phone interview with him. He was very friendly, made the job and the company sound amazing and thought that I would be a perfect fit, so he invited me to come in a few days later to take an assessment and then have a possible interview on the spot.

When I got there, I was invited to a room with a few computers, and told to sign in to my email so they could send me the assessment. The entire assessment took about 30 minutes, it asked some personality questions and took me through a call center simulation, and then I was asked to wait outside for a few minutes while the results of the assessment came back. The recruiter who had been helping me through the process had to leave, so I dealt with the one who had originally emailed me about the job. She came out a few minutes later and told me they wanted to have an interview with me but that the manager was going to be busy for about 15 more minutes.

He finally came out, and asked me to follow him to his office. I tried asking him questions about the building and the company but he was mostly short with me. When we got to his office he spent the first five minutes reviewing my resume because he had never seen it before, then told me he was going to ask me some questions and at the end we would have a role-play where I would have to sell him a triple-play package. The first questions he asked me were about what Charter services I have. I told him I only have internet through them, and he starts grilling me about why I don't have their triple-play package and how I expect to sell their products if I don't have the entire bundle.

He told me that the job is a high-intensity sales job and that customer service is absolutely NOT the focus here, and asked if I was ready to work in a very intense sales position like the company was offering. I said yes, but it felt like he was trying to talk me out of the job.

Then he goes through some standard sales questions, and there were 2 questions that were basically the exact same right after another. I asked him about the similarity, and he got annoyed and re-worded the question but it was still the exact same as the question before, so I just expanded on the answer I had given for the previous question.

At the end he had me go through a role-play selling him a triple-play bundle. I warned him I was nervous about it and the first time I completely flopped. He did some in-the-moment coaching and steered me in the right direction, and said the second time was better.

Then he walked me back out to the hallway and asked me to wait some more, and the recruiter came out and told me they wanted to offer me a job. I was excited, but then I found out that the shift I would work would be under the man I had just interviewed with, which made me feel very tentative about the offer because I did not feel that I would enjoy working under him at all.

They wrote up the offer, and it said that the offer would expire THE NEXT DAY at 5pm (Mind you, this is at 7:00pm already). I said that I wanted to go home and consider the offer, and the recruiter said that I could but that it would delay the background and drug test processed. She asked what I was concerned about, and addressed most of my concerns and convinced me to go ahead and accept the offer.

She said that I would receive some emails that night from the company they use to do background checks, and that she needed me to fill out their forms that night so they could get the process going and get me into the class that started a week later, and that she would need me to go take my drug test Saturday morning, but she specifically said that I shouldn't give my notice yet to my current company until they got the results of my drug test back, which would be on Tuesday at the earliest (the training class started the following Monday). I asked if it would be possible to push back the start date because I needed to give my current company a 2-week notice and she said no, that she didn't know when the next class started and that it would negate the offer they just made and I would have to start the entire hiring process over again.

So I left, but later e-mailed to let them know I was no longer interested.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to change your selling style based off of the customer's personality   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you helped a customer who was not receptive to your selling style   Answer Question

I felt like the recruiter sold me on a great work environment but the manager I interviewed felt hostile and made me feel uncomfortable, and I disliked the pressure I felt to sign my offer there on the spot.

DNT Core Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

Went through 2 phone interviews. they asked basic questions related to Computer Networking. After the two phone interviews I was flown to Denver Colorado. I did not accept the offer due to 58,000 not being enough to afford a apartment in Colorado. I tried to negotiate for a higher salary (65,000), but there is a rule that pre-existing employees cannot negotiate for a higher salary. When I tried to negotiate with the HR personnel, they were very rude, and threatened me with expulsion if I pressed the matter further. It was one of the most heart breaking moments of my life, and still haunts me to this day. It's hard to say no to your dreams....

Interview Questions

• What does the IP helper-address command do? whats the difference between multimode, and single mode.   1 Answer

Applications Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2012.

Interview

No Phone interview. It was a group interview. The manager and 3 other employees fired off questions. Most of the time there was only a few seconds before a response was required. I didn't feel very confident about the interview when I left but did end up getting the job. The interview was an hour long, there were no further interviews after the initial. I was refereed by an employee from another department for the position.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were related to how do ISP's work, asking about technology behind ISP. There were a few of the typical questions of how would you work with a difficult employee, how would you handle social situations. etc. It seemed unorganized, and some of the questions were not very well thought out from the team members. The managers questions were well vetted and the   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was very little negotiation, it was take it or leave it.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Vancouver, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

Was asked a few questions and scenarios. You need to make sure that you listen carefully and answer how they want you to answer.you would need to go in front of a couple other people, they will ask you certain questions. Questions will be determined by standard, however you do need give specifics.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an example on how you have shown others your leadership abilities, and explain why it is important?   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Simpsonville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Simpsonville, SC) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview was set up as a group interview with two interviewers asking the group questions. We had to also make up an item and sell it to the interviewers. Once we were done they offered everyone in the room the position so hiring process went pretty quickly.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time where you had to speak to a customer with poise and diplomacy and what was the outcome .   Answer Question