Charter Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.5

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fond du Lac, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Fond du Lac, WI) in April 2013.

Interview

They asked basic questions regarding answering the phone. They also asked basic interview questions that every large stock traded company/ organization ask. First, phone interview, then interview with HR and team lead

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Administrative Job Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Charter Communications.

Interview

I had a phone interview for the position that went well. In fact, the recruiter called me back a few days later even though the hiring manager said it would be two weeks. He said the interview went well and they wanted to talk about some specifics, mostly they went over the benefits and kept asking me about salary. It was so odd to ask so much about salary and to go over the benefits exhaustively so early in the process, after a phone interview.

Then two weeks later, I got a canned email from the HR system saying that my qualifications didn't match the position. In actuality, I met all the qualifications and had expert experience for every question he asked in the interview.

I feel like they're untrustworthy; they wouldn't have their employees' backs.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know SharePoint?   1 Answer

Linux Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

Several calls with Spectrum managers out of CT. A meeting was setup in the nearby hotel - Double Tree by Hilton - Near I-25. I was told to ask for one of the managers. There were around 50 other candidates there for the same thing. I was told the interview time (early afternoon) on the call but most people there had to wait for 1 to 2 hours. The actual interview was around 20 to 30 minutes with a panel of 4 engineers from different departments.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your co-worked didn't do his job   1 Answer

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemount, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Rosemount, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

Very direct questions no surprises or anything like that but I guess it depends on the interviewer too. I answered questions like why Charter? Why sales? What do you know about the company? Very direct questions. Where do you see yourself five years from now? How me about how you handled a very difficult customer and where you able to answer her questions, offered her solutions, sympathized with her, or did you refer her to your superior? What goals were you given in your previous job? Did you meet or surpass those goals? Why should we hire you?

Interview Questions

• Have you had previous sales position in the past? If so tell me about it   1 Answer

Negotiation

I just accepted

Outside Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charter Communications.

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter who gave me sort of a short pre interview. He set up the actual interview. The interview was awesome. It's just the door to door without a company vehicle. Kind of too risky for me.

Communications Desk Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I interviewed at Charter Communications (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2014.

Interview

Vague. This was a new department they were setting up within an existing call center. The interviewer was also recently hired. It was a growth process for us all. But I was an external candidate, while everyone else in the department were already employees of Charter. Great gig. Just not a good fit for me. Issues arose that effected my attendance. I was terminated. But they did make every attempt to work with me. I appreciated the opportunity.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kettering, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Kettering, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

They will ask you how you will handle situations if you are in them, and how to explain a bill to a customer. There will be three people at one time with you and you will get a tour of the building.

Interview Questions

• How you would you handle a customer asking for something that you can not do.   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications (San Antonio, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Interviewer was 1 hour late. Asked a few questions about experience in sales, mainly wanted to confirm that i could hold a good conversation with a complete stranger. After the first interview went well, i interviews with the department manager and answered the same series of questions.

Business Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications.

Interview

Initially applied online, received a call from a recruiter 2 weeks later. Set up a phone interview for the following week. Gentleman I spoke with was very pleasant and asked questions pertaining to the position. Interview lasted around 25 minutes.

Telephone Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2013.

Interview

At the interview, you will be given a common computerized test that will test your ability to multitask as well as your responses to difficult situations. In addition to the test, you will be engaged in a phone screen, interviewed with a Human Resources agent, and, in some cases, introduced to a separate manager on the floor.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were given a difficult situation and how you overcame.   Answer Question
    • Let's pretend like you are an agent with an office supply store and you are fielding a call for assistance from a customer who does not know how to use a stapler. How would you help them understand how to use it?   Answer Question