Charter Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 14, 2018

2.5

Technical Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Saint Petersburg, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Recruiter then a 1 on 1 then I was brought to the hiring manager/floor manager who was very helpful and I accepted because of the merger actually.. Very friendly.... In my opinion

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, did a series of phone interviews and then several face-to-face interviews. The whole process took six weeks. The recruiter was great in keeping me updated throughout the process, and called or emailed me almost weekly.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about pricing models for different types of enterprise customers.   Answer Question

TELESALES Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Newtown, CT) in December 2016.

Interview

Was asked for an in person interview, asked a variety of questions including previous sales experience and if I was comfortable making telephone calls. Met with two individuals in this interview at the Newtown location. Had follow up phone interview which consisted of a mock sales pitch to a customer. Was given multiple scenarios to choose from.

Interview Questions

• Q. How would you sell someone additional features for a cable, phone internet package?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Vancouver, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Quick process. Applied through indeed. The next day I got a call and had a breif over the phone interview. Went in to take their assessment test and was offered an interview on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Charter?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you dealt with an upset customer?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you felt you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you maintained a positive attitude in a stressful situation?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you felt that you weren't confident in job?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you noticed a customer upset and apologized to them even if it wasn't your fault?   Answer Question

Broadband Installer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Greenville, SC).

Interview

It took about a week after I submitted my application online before I received an email to take the online assessment. The personality and mechanical assessments should take about an hour and it's fairly easy but I can see how it can be a little hard for some. It then took another week to do my phone interview with HR. This is a very straightforward, easy and relaxed interview and it lasted 30 minutes for me. At the end of the call I was asked to schedule my in person interview and I chose Friday. The interview was very laid back and straightforward. It was with two supervisors and it took approximately 15 minutes. With that said I was in the room for 2 hours just talking and joking around with them. A few days past before HR called me with a job offer. After you accept the job they will do their background and MVR checks and drug screen.

Interview Questions

• describe a time you dealt with an angry customer   Answer Question
    • describe a time you had a conflict with a coworker and how you handled it   Answer Question
    • what would you do if you come across a situation on a work site that you was unfamiliar with   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't one

Broadband Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Reno, NV).

Interview

It is a series of questions that pertain to your personal life and work ethic and make sure you know what integerty means to you. You also need to have urgency to work hard and be smart about power tools such as drills and things similar. Must be decent in math cause a lot of the job is dealing with signal loss as you use more cable.

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through Indeed and invited to submit an application. Shortly after I was contacted by another recruiter and set up a phone interview with him. He was very friendly, made the job and the company sound amazing and thought that I would be a perfect fit, so he invited me to come in a few days later to take an assessment and then have a possible interview on the spot.

When I got there, I was invited to a room with a few computers, and told to sign in to my email so they could send me the assessment. The entire assessment took about 30 minutes, it asked some personality questions and took me through a call center simulation, and then I was asked to wait outside for a few minutes while the results of the assessment came back. The recruiter who had been helping me through the process had to leave, so I dealt with the one who had originally emailed me about the job. She came out a few minutes later and told me they wanted to have an interview with me but that the manager was going to be busy for about 15 more minutes.

He finally came out, and asked me to follow him to his office. I tried asking him questions about the building and the company but he was mostly short with me. When we got to his office he spent the first five minutes reviewing my resume because he had never seen it before, then told me he was going to ask me some questions and at the end we would have a role-play where I would have to sell him a triple-play package. The first questions he asked me were about what Charter services I have. I told him I only have internet through them, and he starts grilling me about why I don't have their triple-play package and how I expect to sell their products if I don't have the entire bundle.

He told me that the job is a high-intensity sales job and that customer service is absolutely NOT the focus here, and asked if I was ready to work in a very intense sales position like the company was offering. I said yes, but it felt like he was trying to talk me out of the job.

Then he goes through some standard sales questions, and there were 2 questions that were basically the exact same right after another. I asked him about the similarity, and he got annoyed and re-worded the question but it was still the exact same as the question before, so I just expanded on the answer I had given for the previous question.

At the end he had me go through a role-play selling him a triple-play bundle. I warned him I was nervous about it and the first time I completely flopped. He did some in-the-moment coaching and steered me in the right direction, and said the second time was better.

Then he walked me back out to the hallway and asked me to wait some more, and the recruiter came out and told me they wanted to offer me a job. I was excited, but then I found out that the shift I would work would be under the man I had just interviewed with, which made me feel very tentative about the offer because I did not feel that I would enjoy working under him at all.

They wrote up the offer, and it said that the offer would expire THE NEXT DAY at 5pm (Mind you, this is at 7:00pm already). I said that I wanted to go home and consider the offer, and the recruiter said that I could but that it would delay the background and drug test processed. She asked what I was concerned about, and addressed most of my concerns and convinced me to go ahead and accept the offer.

She said that I would receive some emails that night from the company they use to do background checks, and that she needed me to fill out their forms that night so they could get the process going and get me into the class that started a week later, and that she would need me to go take my drug test Saturday morning, but she specifically said that I shouldn't give my notice yet to my current company until they got the results of my drug test back, which would be on Tuesday at the earliest (the training class started the following Monday). I asked if it would be possible to push back the start date because I needed to give my current company a 2-week notice and she said no, that she didn't know when the next class started and that it would negate the offer they just made and I would have to start the entire hiring process over again.

So I left, but later e-mailed to let them know I was no longer interested.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to change your selling style based off of the customer's personality   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you helped a customer who was not receptive to your selling style   Answer Question

I felt like the recruiter sold me on a great work environment but the manager I interviewed felt hostile and made me feel uncomfortable, and I disliked the pressure I felt to sign my offer there on the spot.

Call Center Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Louisville, KY) in November 2016.

Interview

They called, caught me off guard and wanted to do a phone interview. He sounded like he was getting annoyed with me when I didn't know exactly what a particular piece of equipment was. Then when I said I couldn't work past 7 pm, he cut me short and said they would not be going further with the interview.

Interview Questions

• He wanted me to explain the different types of equipment.   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Columbus, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online through Indeed.com. After a week, I received an initial email from a recruiter asking about my previous HR experience. I received a request for a telephone interview about a week later.

The phone interview was with a recruiter and lasted about 20 minutes. We went over the answers I provided in the questionnaire. She then described that the hiring manager was wanting to fill the position 'quickly' as the system was going away in January. The recruiter then offered me an in-person interview the next day with the hiring manager. She mentioned that they wanted someone in position by Christmas, and asked if I would be okay giving a less than two week notice to my current employer

The recruiter asked about pay, as well as if I would be receiving a merit increase and bonus at my current employer.

The recruiter manager encouraged me to look up the supervisor and other company leaders on LinkedIn to learn about their background, research the company's mission and vision statements, and other information. The recruiter mentioned that my would-be supervisor was new, and had only been with the company for a couple of months.

The communication with the recruiter was slightly unprofessional. Emails were riddled with grammatical errors and the interview invitation was resent three times because the recruiter had put the wrong date, time, and interviewer in the email. The recruiter also had different people's name in the email as to who look up on LinkedIn then what she mentioned on the phone interview.

Given the grammatical errors, lack of attention to detail in the emails, sense of rushing through the process, and information I found on LinkedIn, I later declined the interview with the hiring manager.

Broadband Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Windham, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications (North Windham, CT) in November 2016.

Interview

Process for me was rather quick. Submitted application next day was told to take assessment test. Then interview was set up for next day. But then came the waiting game took almost a month for them to make a decision.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle upset customers? Name some strengths and weaknesses in yourself? A few different scenario questions such as the first.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation you get what they feel you are worth in terms of experience.