Charter Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 13, 2017

2.5

BI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Greenwood Village, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a short interview with hiring manager and another developer. It lasted less than 30 minutes. They mostly wanted to find out if you have required skills or not. They asked about Unix scripting, Oracle experience, CRON job, and others. Perhaps it was because I wasn't qualified that I didn't get an offer or the interview time was short.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions based on your resume and their job requirements, mostly technical questions regarding tools and programs.   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Ann, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Saint Ann, MO).

Interview

I received a call from HR a few hours after I applied. She basically went over my resume and told me about the position. The next business day I went in to take the assessment and interview. The assessment took about an hour, there were a lot of personality type questions on the first part then you key in information for simulated calls. After that my assessment was scored and I sent into another room for an interview. One person did the interview asked typical questions ie. Why do you think you are a good fit? & describe a time you reached a goal and what steps you took.

Broadband Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

It seemed pretty slow. Background checks take forever and they like to start people in groups. Overall, wasn't too bad because HR kept me posted throughout. They also worked around my old job for scheduling interviews.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Louisville, KY) in June 2016.

Interview

revived an email with an interview date. interviewed on site (Louisville, KY). included meeting with to HR reps a 45minute basic computer navigation test and a two page questionier. They sent me away for about an hour and I came back to an offer

Interview Questions

• have you ever had to deesculate an upset client   1 Answer

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richland Hills, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Richland Hills, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

You go to the office that requires a card to get in so you have to wait outside. Once the interviewer came you have to wait again. They come in with a bunch of papers showing you how much a sales rep makes and talks really highly of the position. They tell you it's like working our own business and get can set your own hours. They try their hardest to sell you on the position since they need Sales Reps since it is a high turn over job.

Content Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Stamford, CT) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process for Charter Communications was far too dragged out and unprofessional. Due to their lack of communication with their own staff and the candidates for the position, the interview and decision making process lasted about two months, instead of a few weeks (like they initially promised).

I had two phone interviews, each with a member of the content team that I would be potentially working with and then I was asked to come in for a face to face meeting. This took them 20 days to invite me back after the phone interview. Due to the miscommunication the team had amongst themselves, I was then asked to come back for another face to face (4th time) because I was supposed to meet with two of the team members but only initially met one because they chose the wrong day for me to come in and one of them took that day off.

Feeling confident about my chances and being on FOUR interviews, I took their word that the decision would be made within the next two weeks of my last interview. Jump forward another month and still no answer, I made sure I was diligent in following up and letting them know I was still interested in the position (in which everyone I met with dodged my emails except for one of the team members). The head member of the team shockingly reached out to me and asked if I was still interested in the position. He said they would be making a decision early the following week. Again, that was a lie and it took two weeks. When I finally received an answer, it was a robot email from the HR department stating the position had been cancelled at this time due to the companies needs at the moment...

This was the most infuriating part of all because I couldn't even get a real person from the team to tell me themselves, but just an impersonal, useless email in which they forgot to mention how they have no regard for time and how much effort and patience I had to accommodate for them.

This company was the most unprofessional to deal with and I have never been more relieved to not receive a job offer. Why would I want to work for a company that has no courtesy and regard for anyone else's time, to think that having a potential candidate wait for two months is professional? I fully understand other work gets in the way and they had a big merger to deal with, but at least show some courtesy to update your candidates on the status of your decision making if it is taking longer than expected, and then don't leave them hanging on just to get rid of the position a week later! This reflects poorly on the company as a whole!

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work for Charter?   Answer Question
    • What are some things you think we could work on when it comes to our online content?   Answer Question

Associate Network Ops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

I sent to charter by a staffing agency since they need to hire several contract to hire NOC employees because of the TIme Warner Merger. The job description required an Associates or Bachelors degree, 0-2 years experience and basic knowledge of networking. I had 1 year experience with an Associates degree. My interview starts off by the interviewer commenting on the fact that I only had an Associates degree. He said I will stick to the script so that you at least have the same interview to keep it fair. He was very dismissive and skip many of the scripted questions, because he said you want know this. Only ask me one technical question.

Interview Questions

• What layer of the OSI model does the TCP/IP protocol take place?   1 Answer

Customer Relations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgeton, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Bridgeton, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

I basically applied on a Sunday, and received a call from the recruiter Monday morning! She asked me why I chose to apply and a few questions about modem, router, and IP addresses. Although I didn't know every answer, she still offered a face to face interview the following Wednesday! While there, I took an hour long assessment, and then did the actual interview which took about 15-20 minutes. My interviewer then left to speak with the recruiter, who came back with an offer letter in hand! Quick, easy process for me!

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between the modem and router?   1 Answer
    • What 3 cords are needed to set up a home network?   Answer Question
    • When was a time where you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Dsr Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redding, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Redding, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online through indeed.com. The next day I received a call from a Charter Corporate Recruiter who performed a quick phone interview to determine my skills and interest. The recruiter set up a one on one interview with the hiring sales manager within a few days of the call. I met with the sales manager and was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• There were no standard "interview questions. It was more conversational. One of the easiest interviews I've ever had. I was offered the job and asked if I would I accept it immediately.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no salary negotiation. Charter has a very strict and structured tier commission plan.

Telephone &Amp; Internet Repair Tier I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview process is actually easy. For this position, you only need the basics for internet and telephone. Mainly internet, like what is Wi-Fi, what is a router and modem, etc. Also know what an IP address is and how to locate it. Knowing the basics for computer operating systems, such as, Windows, Apple iOS, etc.

Interview Questions

• If I was throwing a party, and I called you to make food for the party, what would be 5 questions you would ask me?   1 Answer