Charter Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 10, 2017

2.5

Content Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Stamford, CT) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process for Charter Communications was far too dragged out and unprofessional. Due to their lack of communication with their own staff and the candidates for the position, the interview and decision making process lasted about two months, instead of a few weeks (like they initially promised).

I had two phone interviews, each with a member of the content team that I would be potentially working with and then I was asked to come in for a face to face meeting. This took them 20 days to invite me back after the phone interview. Due to the miscommunication the team had amongst themselves, I was then asked to come back for another face to face (4th time) because I was supposed to meet with two of the team members but only initially met one because they chose the wrong day for me to come in and one of them took that day off.

Feeling confident about my chances and being on FOUR interviews, I took their word that the decision would be made within the next two weeks of my last interview. Jump forward another month and still no answer, I made sure I was diligent in following up and letting them know I was still interested in the position (in which everyone I met with dodged my emails except for one of the team members). The head member of the team shockingly reached out to me and asked if I was still interested in the position. He said they would be making a decision early the following week. Again, that was a lie and it took two weeks. When I finally received an answer, it was a robot email from the HR department stating the position had been cancelled at this time due to the companies needs at the moment...

This was the most infuriating part of all because I couldn't even get a real person from the team to tell me themselves, but just an impersonal, useless email in which they forgot to mention how they have no regard for time and how much effort and patience I had to accommodate for them.

This company was the most unprofessional to deal with and I have never been more relieved to not receive a job offer. Why would I want to work for a company that has no courtesy and regard for anyone else's time, to think that having a potential candidate wait for two months is professional? I fully understand other work gets in the way and they had a big merger to deal with, but at least show some courtesy to update your candidates on the status of your decision making if it is taking longer than expected, and then don't leave them hanging on just to get rid of the position a week later! This reflects poorly on the company as a whole!

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work for Charter?   Answer Question
    • What are some things you think we could work on when it comes to our online content?   Answer Question

Associate Network Ops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

I sent to charter by a staffing agency since they need to hire several contract to hire NOC employees because of the TIme Warner Merger. The job description required an Associates or Bachelors degree, 0-2 years experience and basic knowledge of networking. I had 1 year experience with an Associates degree. My interview starts off by the interviewer commenting on the fact that I only had an Associates degree. He said I will stick to the script so that you at least have the same interview to keep it fair. He was very dismissive and skip many of the scripted questions, because he said you want know this. Only ask me one technical question.

Interview Questions

• What layer of the OSI model does the TCP/IP protocol take place?   1 Answer

Customer Relations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgeton, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Bridgeton, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

I basically applied on a Sunday, and received a call from the recruiter Monday morning! She asked me why I chose to apply and a few questions about modem, router, and IP addresses. Although I didn't know every answer, she still offered a face to face interview the following Wednesday! While there, I took an hour long assessment, and then did the actual interview which took about 15-20 minutes. My interviewer then left to speak with the recruiter, who came back with an offer letter in hand! Quick, easy process for me!

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between the modem and router?   1 Answer
    • What 3 cords are needed to set up a home network?   Answer Question
    • When was a time where you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Dsr Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redding, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Redding, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online through indeed.com. The next day I received a call from a Charter Corporate Recruiter who performed a quick phone interview to determine my skills and interest. The recruiter set up a one on one interview with the hiring sales manager within a few days of the call. I met with the sales manager and was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• There were no standard "interview questions. It was more conversational. One of the easiest interviews I've ever had. I was offered the job and asked if I would I accept it immediately.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no salary negotiation. Charter has a very strict and structured tier commission plan.

Telephone &Amp; Internet Repair Tier I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview process is actually easy. For this position, you only need the basics for internet and telephone. Mainly internet, like what is Wi-Fi, what is a router and modem, etc. Also know what an IP address is and how to locate it. Knowing the basics for computer operating systems, such as, Windows, Apple iOS, etc.

Interview Questions

• If I was throwing a party, and I called you to make food for the party, what would be 5 questions you would ask me?   1 Answer

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Ann, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Saint Ann, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

Got a phone call, face to face interview and hired the same day as the face to face interview. It was a very easy process the person looked intimadating but was very nice. If you don't get an offer all in the same day then you did not get the job. I came dressed professional with a resume.

Retention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Billings, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Billings, MT) in May 2016.

Interview

HR contacts you to do initial phone screening, they then setup a physical interview. Interview consists of HR + Management with standard Customer Service questions. You'll almost always get an offer (They'll hire anyone) as the position is a VERY high turnover position. They Drug Screen and, if you pass, you Wait X Days until Training begins.

Interview Questions

• I am customer X looking to disconnect Y. Try and save me.   1 Answer

Business Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charter Communications.

Interview

The first step was a phone screening with a friendly recruiter. Next you are sent a lengthy assessment. I believe it took about an hour and a half. I contacted my recruiter afterwards and she scheduled an in person interview for me and the sales manager. My interview with him was very long....over 2 hours. I'm not sure this is the typical experience, though. He was a very outspoken, friendly and passionate guy and gave me a very detailed run down of the job specifics. I'm currently waiting to arrange a second interview, which is when we will go over the typical interview questions ("tell me about a time when...")

Broadband Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

1)Standard questions
    2) Phone screen with HR
    3) Panel interview with Operations Supervisors and Operations Manager
    4) After the interview expect a few days to elapse before you are contacted by HR for the decision

Interview Questions

• 1) Where do you see yourself in 5 years
      2) What makes you qualified to perform in this position
      3) What are your strengths/weaknesses
      Answer Question

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Simpsonville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Charter Communications (Simpsonville, SC) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview was set up as a group interview with two interviewers asking the group questions. We had to also make up an item and sell it to the interviewers. Once we were done they offered everyone in the room the position so hiring process went pretty quickly.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time where you had to speak to a customer with poise and diplomacy and what was the outcome .   Answer Question