Chartis Insurance Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chartis Insurance Company Interview Questions

2.4

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2014.

Interview

I went through the common aptitude test ,then one telephonic interview round and then 2 rounds of personal interviews.The interview process was rigorous and the interviewers stressed on each and every aspect of the resume.every thing from academic record to extracurricular activities were taken into consideration and given importance.In general an overall profile with balanced amount of every aspect was given preference over one completely inclined towards either academics or extracurricular.

Interview Questions

• Iwas interviewed by a manager who had his bachelors in chemical engineering. He noticed i had experience in electronics and programming so he started asking questions from digital logic and java programming.This was very unexpected,especially after knowing he was from a very different back ground.

My advise to people applying for the job and/or taking the interview: be prepared to answer about each and every thing you have mentioned in your resume.I had mentioned i played for the city cricket team and was asked questions about it.So just be honest and give it your best shot.These people really know their work well.   Answer Question

Vice President, Business Analytics and Reporting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company (Atlanta, GA) in July 2012.

Interview

I completed online profile and submitted online application through the Chartis Careers website. I was contacted by a recruiting representative of the Chartis Talent Acquisition Team to schedule an initial telephone interview with a representative of the Human Resources team. The phone screening interview was very professionally conducted and focused on my experience and skills and why I thought I was a good fit for the position. Within a week I was scheduled for an interview with the hiring manager. The in person interview lasted one hour and represented a balanced discussion and included time for my questions. The hirng manager was very professional and provided excellent insights about the position and the culture. Although I did not get the position, I understand that an internal candidate was selected which speaks positively about the culture at Chartis and their preference to promote from within whenever possible.

Interview Questions

• The position required thorough knowledge of data anaytics and reporting and the discussion around driving business performance through analytics was very engaging.   1 Answer

Summer Internship Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied through my university's career resource website and received a call about 2 weeks later to schedule a phone interview. The interviewer was very nice, asked me to tell her a little bit about myself, an event that really challenged me, and a time I worked with a group. She then asked me a case question which I was not expecting. You are the manager of a company, the owner says you aren't getting much revenues, what would you do to determine what is causing this? Overall, very nice interviewer, just wasn't expecting a case question. Was offered the job about a week later.

Loss Sensitive Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in June 2011.

Interview

First interview with HR, then with two function managers, and lastly with division manager

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Got a call from HR to do a phone screen interview. Few days later, an in person interview was setup. I was given a 45 minute technical exam. I thought I did pretty well. That weekend Super Storm Sandy hit and never heard back from HR, even after sending out emails to check on the status of the position and process.

Accounting Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company.

Interview

I registered an internship course during school. The professor sent resume to different countries. Fortunately, I got Charits interview. The interview process was straightforward and pleasant. The HR person asked questions based on resume and some behaviors questions.

CAT Account Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

apps then 2 pi's, was the selection process. apps are pretty easy to get through since there is no negative marking. then comes the pi, over there all the people in the interview panel were very professional that they dont try to screw you up.

Interview Questions

• If you handle an ethical situation in the company, how will you deal with it?
      and they explained to me the situation also.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation per se. they quoted a salary during pre placement talk.

Actuarial Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company (New York, NY).

Interview

Telephone interview first, then office interview with 4 representatives.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in August 2012.

Interview

Met with two different people who I would be working directly under. They mostly did all of the talking with a few questions here or there fishing for experience and technical skills I possessed. I was fresh out of college and was a mid level job. They were looking for an expert in excel.

Interview Questions

• Please give us detailed information about your experience with excel.   Answer Question

Claims Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company (Manchester, England (UK)) in November 2010.

Interview

Initial interview with UK claims manager to understand your skills and experience but also detail plans for the department if you were successful. Interview style was reasonably friendly and felt at ease with the interviewer. They took a while to provide feedback and follow up but people are busy so it wasn't an issue.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. How would you develop the team ethos, improve productivity, quality etc.   Answer Question

Offered two jobs at the same time and chose the other one. Nothing against the company but just had a better offer elsewhere.