Chartis Insurance Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chartis Insurance Company Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2017

2.4

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in September 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by Head Hunter and then HR team. First several phone interview sessions went well: they were professional including both very technical and behavioral questions, which made me try further. However, after that, many happenings occurred. First, the hiring manager forgot calling me even after very careful confirmation work among me, HR and head hunter; second, the hiring manager called w/o making appointment when I was in a meeting to my current board member; w/o any apology, the HR/Head Hunter persuade me to have a on-site interview, which was a start of jokes....

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company.

Interview

Pretty simple process. Met with an HR/in house recruiter then met with 3 other guys.

Interview Questions

Interview

One interview and it was a general getting to know you. No curveballs. Its a relaxed place and that was communicated at the interview

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company.

Interview

I interviewed with human resources and two financial managers. It was extremely difficult as long as you can be personable and interesting. Standard, basic interview questions. Managers were both very knowledgeable about the position and what they wanted out of it.

Accountant II Interview

Interview

I went on three interviews in one day. Pretty much told me as exiting that i will receive my offer within a day or two. Received an offer the next day.

Compliance Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company (New York, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

It took about 1 month to hear from the Chartis (used to be AIG) before my first interview with HR. I met with them first and then met the hiring manager. After that I came back a second day and met with three other team members and a manager from a related function. No one had any questions prepared and there was no process to the interviews. It was more of a chat about the job and about my background.

After that I heard nothing. I emailed the HR person two weeks laterand got a 3 word reply "Were still interviewing". Have heard nothing since.

I was not impressed with the company or the people who worked there. I come from an investemnet banking background and it was obvious that Chartis (ex AIG) is an also ran. Disorganised and unprofessional. Salary was also low and no bonus.

Interview Questions

• Isn't this job much smaller than the one you used to have?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in December 2009.

Interview

The recruitment agency contacted me and explained the open positions. I applied and got interviewed by the human resources manager but the questions were somewhat towards salary expectations and not skills and experiences. The interviewer was interested about family background and family status. After the interview, i was told that they will schedule another interview with a panel.

Accountant I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in March 2009.

Interview

manager was very laid back and did much of the talking, he hired based on instinct

Interview Questions

• what kind of a person is considered successful   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation because they offered the higher amount of the range.
    i would advise to negotiate even if that does happen.

Submission Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company (Olathe, KS) in May 2008.

Interview

no major questions were asked

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • What experience you have in insurance   1 Answer

Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company (Atlanta, GA) in August 2011.

Interview

Resume was requested and then I had to fill out application on line. I was interviewed for 45 minutes by two managers. It went well but benefits not Sufficient to make the move.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a claim you handled that had coverage issues.   Answer Question

Not impressed with package