Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2017

1.7

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services.

Interview

After applying online, I had to walk into the office, and they still did not know that I had applied. They had me fill out a paper application and then briefly interviewed me after a month. I gave them my class schedule, and they gave me hours accordingly. No drug test.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services.

Interview

Interviewed in a relaxed atmosphere in the dining hall. Was really cool! The questions are very typical for example they ask you about past jobs and your responsibilities there. EZ! You keep bugging me about the overall experience. I told you the overall experience.

Interview Questions

• The process was relaxed. It was ez to talk to the interviewer. The questions are very typical for example they ask you about past jobs and your responsibilities there. EZ!   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Submit your resume and cover letter, talk to manager and that is all, I really do not know what else to say. Super easy, and manager was very nice and next day I start to work

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shawnee, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services (Shawnee, OK).

Interview

Ask very serious questions about time and temperature on different and proteins. When and where I can start work. Safety questions, how much I could lift min 25lbs, check card info, uniform size, and when pay day will be ! Where is have I been employed and for how long.

Interview Questions

• What does chicken need to be temp at?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florence, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services (Florence, AL).

Interview

Fill out the Application online
    They will call you if they are still hiring and quick interview. check back grounds and can go to work after 1 one week
    Getting uniform and Id number.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services (College Station, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was very friendly. You do have to go through a few people in the process of one interview, but they let you know that ahead of time. Everyone is very polite and friendly, and wants you to do well with the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a moment when conflict arose at work. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Managing Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services (Albany, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Standard book questions however the position was soon to start and no structure yet in place. The interview was scattered without a specific direction. Large contract companies are somewhat bound to individual site requirements. Contract review would determine the outcom of a position opening so the interview was probing in the event the position was approve.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What brought you here. How did you hear of company. Tell me your srength/ weakness. What do you know about the area. Describe to me your last job and budget concerns.   Answer Question

Position not yet approved under current contract

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kearney, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services (Kearney, NE) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was easy and simple. It was one on one and it was with the director. The interview took place in the operations office and last an hour and a half. The one thing I did not like is that they were very vague with their answers and if you wanted answers you had to figure them out after you were hired.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services.

Interview

After the first interview, Human Resources said she would like me to interview with the hiring manager. After waiting 1 week I followed up.....no response.....I followed up again 2 weeks later......no response. 8 weeks after the initial interview she called me to proceed.

I interviewed with the hiring manager and three VPs. The regional VP came from a financial background (never working in the food industry) and obviously is not used to getting her hands dirty (ie: working in the field). She kept complaining of long hours and lots of travel and "hard work". Hmm..sounds like another day in the field or day on the job to me.

I did not hear anything until I followed up with HR 4 weeks later. "Oh, you should have gotten a generated (generic) email saying we went with another candidate. It's probably in your spam." Extremely unprofessional and disrespectful. I never received that email nor did I expect to be treated so poorly after 5 interviews, a 2-hour online assessment (lots of math), more paperwork, and 4 of my references taking time to complete an online form.

If this is the way Chartwells treats candidates, I'd hate to see how they treat employees.

Interview Questions

• You can probably find work much easier than this. Are you sure you want this position? (Regional VP)   Answer Question

Marketing Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services (Dallas, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Lasted 15 minutes. The questions were basically from my Resume and the skill set I have mentioned. Like can you tell me about the adobe photoshop and do you have any experience in building website before. If you had, what skills did you use to make it and all. The interviewer were really friendly and made sure I don't feel nervous. I was the last candidate to interview but they made sure not to do it for the sake of doing

Interview Questions

• Tell me practical work you have worked on the skill set you mentioned on your resume. Tell me something about yourself.   Answer Question