Chartwells Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 22, 2016

2.0

Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shawnee, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chartwells (Shawnee, OK).

Interview

Ask very serious questions about time and temperature on different and proteins. When and where I can start work. Safety questions, how much I could lift min 25lbs, check card info, uniform size, and when pay day will be ! Where is have I been employed and for how long.

Interview Questions

• What does chicken need to be temp at?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Chartwells.

Interview

After the first interview, Human Resources said she would like me to interview with the hiring manager. After waiting 1 week I followed up.....no response.....I followed up again 2 weeks later......no response. 8 weeks after the initial interview she called me to proceed.

I interviewed with the hiring manager and three VPs. The regional VP came from a financial background (never working in the food industry) and obviously is not used to getting her hands dirty (ie: working in the field). She kept complaining of long hours and lots of travel and "hard work". Hmm..sounds like another day in the field or day on the job to me.

I did not hear anything until I followed up with HR 4 weeks later. "Oh, you should have gotten a generated (generic) email saying we went with another candidate. It's probably in your spam." Extremely unprofessional and disrespectful. I never received that email nor did I expect to be treated so poorly after 5 interviews, a 2-hour online assessment (lots of math), more paperwork, and 4 of my references taking time to complete an online form.

If this is the way Chartwells treats candidates, I'd hate to see how they treat employees.

Interview Questions

• You can probably find work much easier than this. Are you sure you want this position? (Regional VP)   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rye Brook, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chartwells (Rye Brook, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

-- Disorganized -- VP Marketing interviewed me after a phone interview. Took 2.5 week for initial interview. no communication between phone and actual interview. interviewer did not know what I had applied for. Interview was at 3pm. Attended me at 3:20pm. interview completed by 3:46pm. Told me I was very qualified for position and would communicate with me after all interview were complete. Next day got an email that pretty much said "no".. asked 2 important question concerning position.

Interview Questions

• Did you bring your portfolio?   1 Answer
    • Do you know anything about Chartwell Higher Education?   1 Answer

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Chartwells (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

From start to finish, this process was extremely disorganized. I was eventually invited for an in-person interview in a different city than the job was located for logistical reasons, they flew me in. I arrived and the manager wasn't there, she had missed her flight that morning. Another manager filled in & interviewed me, assuming I had applied for the job at his location. Eventually the other main manager showed up and we talked for no more than five minutes. She was very nice but clearly flustered as she had arrived so late. An hour later, I got back on the plane and flew home. There's more but I won't get into it, essentially, the entire process was very disorganized. I know it was expensive to fly me there for a 5 minute interview, so that felt wasteful and disappointing.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all very basic HR questions about my management style and background. Nothing out of the ordinary and nothing that stands out.   Answer Question

Head Chef Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chartwells.

Interview

Interview process was pretty straight forward. Questions were well balanced and very well thought out. Interviewer interacted on a positive personal level as well. I interviewed at a "non-service" period, so I only saw a couple of employees, their demeanor seemed positive ( I was a little more focused on the interview). Receptionist was expecting me and expedited me promptly to a table where I waited five or ten minutes for my interviewer.
    But all in all it was a very relaxed interview. I have been called back for a second one, and am writing this review now to gain access on glassdoor as I am researching the company if I am offered the position, to assist as whether to accept or decline an offer.

Interview Questions

• Hardest crisis I had to lead my team through...I've been doing this a long time, so I spouted out the first thing or two than came to mind....Of course I thought of ten better ones on the way home.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chartwells in November 2010.

Interview

hiring process was very good and very easy
    I presented my resume and talked a little bit about wages and experience
    I got some information explaining to me what is the exact job
    like working on the cash register
    cleaning the tables
    stocking and maintaining the place