Chase Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.6

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Chase (Grand Rapids, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

Long process, but very straight forward.
    It started out with an online application and I was emailed the day of to do an online interview through hirevue. Then was called the follow day to do an in person interview a couple weeks after. The in person interview was similar to the online one but slightly more in depth.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chase (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied the position with an employee referral to a specific branch. Sent my cv/resume to the related person. And after a few days I was invited for the interview. Went to branch, had a successful interview and got a very positive impression from the interview. The related person said that the result will be reported soon. But it was 4 months ago and still waiting their respond... I would be informed even if I was rejected for the position but no comment yet...

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chase.

Interview

First phone interview with HR, then phone interview with the assistant branch manager. lastly, onsite with both the branch managers and assistant branch managers. Questions are easy: about customer service and cash handling.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you handle a difficult customer   1 Answer

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Chase (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied for JPMC's Human Resource Analyst Internship program, which involves a summer of interning and then usually a full-time position post-graduation. I applied online, but was expedited through the process thanks to a connection of mine at the Chase office in Wilmington. I only had one 10-minute phone interview with a recruiter in NYC, even though I was told the only interviewees at the superday had had multiple phone and Skype interviews. Was invited to Wilmington for a 6-hour long superday. Began in the morning with a group interview (8 candidates) with three current junior analysts in HR, who were recent college grads. This was a frustrating and awkward experience, since it consisted of each of us introducing ourselves and then essentially just taking turns asking the analysts about themselves and about the position. It seemed strange to me to be asking about the details of a job we hadn't even been offered yet. After that, we had three individual interviews between the 8 of us, which meant that we had to wait over an hour in the lobby between interviews. Additionally, the senior manager who was supposed to be my first interview had a meeting to attend, so I had to interview with a much younger associate instead. I was later told that the secretary in the lobby had been taking notes on our behavior and small conversations while we waited. No one who interviewed that day was even given the position, since the head of HR (with whom we didn't even interview) had the ultimate say and decided no one was a good fit.

Private Client Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chase (Houston, TX).

Interview

None really for me. They offeered on spot due to my qualification and past experience. The manager was way under qualified to handle his job. Often asked me for advice on how to handle his job! Like I wasn't busy enough dealing with the staff at the bank (physcos)

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Chase.

Interview

Process took about 8 weeks from applying to the final offer. Spoke with four different recruiters during the whole process which I thought was odd as well as four people involved in the hiring process. Interview was not difficult and thought I would fit in well with the team. I got a job offer shortly after the interview and it was not what I discussed with one of the other recruiters in the initial process so I tried negotiating. The recruiter said they would contact me the following week and let me know either way, however, a week and a few days went by I received no response. I emailed the recruiter and she said there was no more salary so they withdrew my offer. A simple courtesy to let me know would have been nice, not to mention the horrible communication between the other recruiters during the process.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself here in a few years .... previous experience and background .... how can I contribute to the team and company.   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Chase (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with two branch managers. They knew that I was very knowledgeable in the position I was applying for and I told them how interested I was in professional growth with Chase. An hour after I left, I received a rejection letter, one minute before I thanked both managers. It was very inconsiderate and a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation for you and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Recovery Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chase (Elgin, IL).

Interview

The first part of the interview was done via webcam, you would answer some questions and take a test depending on the job you applied for. Once you complete the webcam interview they would contact you for a formal interview. I actually liked the interview via webcam it was less stressful and relaxed and very convenient.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lindenhurst, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chase (Lindenhurst, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

At first, there was an online video interview, where I had 8 questions concerning my previous work experience, education, and skills. They give 30 sec to prepare and 3 min to answer.

And in 2 days they invited me to a personal interview. It was held in a bank, with a Branch Manager and a Senior Teller. It took like 75 minutes. I had almost the same questions as during the video interview plus some role-playing situations of customer service during peak hours, dealing with nervous clients and another one about building the relationship with a client.

Interview Questions

• Why this position? Why Chase?
      Tell us about any experience when you benefited from working in a team?
      Tell us about an exceptional customer service you've experienced? What was great about it?
      Answer Question

Mortgage Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chase (Downers Grove, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

When you apply for the position online you have to include a digital interview, where they ask you 8 question through HireVue and which you take on your laptop. If you're considered then, First, there is a telephone interview with HR. if you pass that there is an on site interview. I live near the office so I interviewed with my future manager. Then, there is a quick interview with her boss, she said it's usually done the same day at the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you're the best person for the position?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here   1 Answer