Chase Mortgage Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chase Mortgage Banker Interview Questions

Interviews at Chase

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chase (Downers Grove, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

When you apply for the position online you have to include a digital interview, where they ask you 8 question through HireVue and which you take on your laptop. If you're considered then, First, there is a telephone interview with HR. if you pass that there is an on site interview. I live near the office so I interviewed with my future manager. Then, there is a quick interview with her boss, she said it's usually done the same day at the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you're the best person for the position?   1 Answer
  • Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Chase

Mortgage Banker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chase.

Interview

The interview process can be long. You go through a multitude of interviews with different levels of management. It is important bring any and all information and previous experience that you may have that can work to your benefit.

Interview Questions

• What did you enjoy best about the last company that you worked for?   1 Answer

Mortgage Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chase.

Interview

The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. I applied for the mortgage banker position, and when I hadn't heard from them for a few weeks, I applied for a processing position to get my foot in the door. The recruiter working with the processing dept. called within a couple days and asked me if I was interested in a processor position. He was going to send me some information detailing the job. After I reviewed it, I was to let him know. One day later, the manager for the Mortgage Banker position called and asked me to interview. I met with the manager and their boss, and was offered a job the following day. A problem arose when they found out the original recruiter hadn't just sent me papers to review, but had actually hired me and put me in their system as a new hire. That made me "un-hireable" for the Mortgage Banker position. It took an act of God to get the correction made to make me hireable.

Interview Questions

• It was just pretty casual conversation between us to see if personalities would match, and posssibly to get some of my background. I don't think the interviewers knew what questions to ask. They were both brand new to mortgages. They did ask me, "What I thought would be a typical day for a Chase Mortgage Banker?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chase (Downers Grove, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

Called in for two interviews, asked same questions both times. I met with two different managers, how ever I was supposed to meet with the Sr Lending Mgr the second time but it was changed an hour before the interview and the lady I interviewed with seemed like she did not want to be there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for chase?   1 Answer

Mortgage Banker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chase.

Interview

I knew a friend who got me an interview with the hiring manager. I have years of lending experience so there was not a lot of questions on my skill set. The manager was more worried about my ability to create outside relationships and contact to bring in referral business and my ability to gather all necessary processing data for home loans.

Interview Questions

• How I would implement a plan to build relationships to bring in referral business.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really was not one. A recruiter calls you offers you a job and tells you that you will receive an email with all the pertinent information. I guess I could of probably negotiated for more vacation days.

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Chase (Orange, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of an initial interview with the area Lending Manager, the Senior Lending Manager, a Branch Manager and then a job offer.

Interview Questions

• I did not experience a difficult or unexpected question. The interview process was conversational and relaxed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Mortgage Banker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chase in October 2011.

Interview

Several interviews with different management individuals. There were phone interviews as a way to weed out the prospects. Once you pass that, you met with a area manager which would eventually be your direct supervisor. Once that was successful, the Regional Manager met with you for a final decision. There were typical questions regarding the industry to access your general knowledge of the process. Questions regarding your ability to talk to others. Questions about character. Overall a very fluid interview. Honesty and be yourself.

Interview Questions

• What are the most important factors in success as it relates to the industry?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chase (San Francisco, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with a friend of a friend, so it was informal. I had been a mortgage consultant before, so I was informally interviewing to return to the mortgage business.

Interview Questions

• What are your biggest weaknesses? When was a time you made a big contribution to the company?   Answer Question