Chatham Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Chatham Financial

3.1

Hedge Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chatham Financial (Littleton, CO) in December 2010.

Interview

Chatham's interview process is much more involved than most places. Typically you do a 30-60 minute phone interview prior to being invited in for a day of interviews. Most candidates are required to take a timed math test (similar to SAT or ACT math questions) as soon as you get there before in-person interviews start. Math results only really matter if you bomb the test or if you're on the fence (it isn't even revealed for many candidates unless the candidate did poorly or exceptionally well). The interviews are typically all day, with 2 on 1 30 to 45 minute interviews, so it can be difficult to keep your energy level up. Also, as there are 2 US locations (Kennett Square, PA and Littleton, CO), you may do some interviews over video conference, which can be awkward if you haven't done this before.

Interview Questions

• The interviews are typically conversational, and interviewers are not instructed on what questions to ask, so it depends on who is asking the questions and what type of mood they are in. Some interviewers like to ask "brain teaser" type questions. I don't have a specific example (as I was fortunate to not have any asked when I interviewed), but think of questions like "If there are 100 people in a room, how many people do you have to talk to before you find two people with the same birthday."   1 Answer

Negotiation

I worked with a recruiter who did the negotiation, but from what I understand, he provided them with minimum salary requirements. The offer came in $10K above my minimum requirement, so there wasn't much negotiation. If I could do it again, I would have liked to find out how much health care premiums were (well over $1,000 per month for a family) and negotiated a little higher salary to compensate for that.

Hedge Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chatham Financial.

Interview

I applied through campus portal network. The process took around 1-2 weeks. First round was pretty much behavioral. Super-day was around 4 rounds of 4 on 1s. Two of the interviews were brainteasers. Also took a math and logic test.

Anonymous Interview

Interview

It was a telephone interview, the screener offered a lot of background on the history and founding of the company. Allowed a lot of time to ask many questions about the culture. Overall, very interesting conversation.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chatham Financial.

Interview

My interview was at my college's career development office, and the conversation was really nice and smooth. My interviewer was very friendly, and the whole experience was enjoyable. We were also able to connect on a few subjects and areas in our lives, so that was pleasant. The interviewer ended with a logic question, which is what they normally do at the end of every first-round interview. I was able to past this round and go on to super day.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chatham Financial (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

In-Person interview on campus followed by interview at the Chatham HQ in Pennsylvania. Once there, I met with 4 sets of interviewers who asked questions or tested different skill sets. All in all, the process took a couple of months and the final interview was about four hours. Everyone I met was very nice. Not too intimidating for such a high level interview.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral-based questions, situational questions, brain teasers, math and accuracy tests   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennett Square, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chatham Financial (Kennett Square, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a pretty tough interview process. I had four interviews, one skype and three via phone. The skype one was more a "get to know you" type deal. The phone interviews, on the other hand, were harder. A few personality questions and then one or two harder math questions. The problem was that at times I didn't understand exactly what they were looking for in the answer. And that's what got me in the end...

Interview Questions

• If a ruler decides that a family can only have a boy and a girl, what is the expected value of having two boys?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chatham Financial (Littleton, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

Had a skype interview with someone in HR at the headquarters. Then was brought in to do a half day of interviews. For the half day of interviews it started off with a two 5 minute tests comparing numbers in one column to another. Then met with people from different departments the rest of the day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennett Square, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chatham Financial (Kennett Square, PA).

Interview

Attended their excel boot camp in the winter, first round was a Skype interview with someone from the real estate risk management division. Consisted of behavioral questions as well as some technical questions about making leveraged real estate investments. Got invited to their super-day in the spring. Had to take a GMAT based exam as well as a short quiz testing ability to recognize patterns in data, followed by 4 30-minute interviews with people from different divisions throughout the company. A lot of behavioral questions and questions relating to my resume. Last round of interview was mathematical brain-teasers, had to show work on a white board.

Interview Questions

• If you have a 10x10x10 cube (think rubics cube) how many individual cubes are visible from the surface?   6 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chatham Financial (Waco, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

Submitted a resume and did a video interview, had a very good encounter with the interviewer who showed me respect and conducted herself very respectfully. Clearly enjoyed her work and made working at Chatham seem like something she loved to do, which made the company all the more appealing.

Anonymous Employee in Kennet Sq, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chatham Financial (Kennet Sq, PA) in February 2018.

Interview

Almost all of the questions were straightforward behavioral questions. They didn't ask any technical questions and were very friendly. There were also a few math questions, but they were not difficult and I had paper and pencil to work with.