Chatham Financial Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chatham Financial Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Chatham Financial

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chatham Financial.

Interview

I went through a recruiter and it was very smooth. I had a 30 minute phone interview, followed by a 1 hour on-site interview, followed by a 4 hour on-site interview. It seemed like a lot at the time, but I think it was definitely necessary. I was asked a mix of brain teasers and technical questions by 10 different employees throughout the process.

Other Interview Reviews for Chatham Financial

Anonymous Employee in Kennett Square, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chatham Financial (Kennett Square, PA).

Interview

Be prepared for a long day and some tricky brain teasers...IF you get past the phone interview and first interview.

My interview process started out with a 30 minute phone call to go over my experience. Then I came in for a half day interview with the CTO and a few other managers. I was given a few brain teasers questions.

I was called back for another interview where I met with over 10 people in 5 separate groups. These included developers and team leads. Each session lasted about 45-60 minutes. More brain teasers ensued.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what I'd do if I won the lottery and didn't need to worry about money.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kennett Square, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chatham Financial (Kennett Square, PA) in November 2010.

Interview

First I applied, and was contacted a day later. I then had a phone interview with the team lead which took about 45 minutes. After that I was to take a skills exam (coding), and send it back to them. I sent it back to them same day, and I believe the day after that they asked me to come in for the first in person interview. I came in a few days later for that first interview which took about an hour, in which I met with two members of the team. I was brought back about 2 weeks later for a half day (4 hour) interview. I met with about 8 members of the team (including the team and department leads). A few days after that I was given an offer. Throughout the process, there were a lot of personality based questions and brain teasers, but I think the skills test made me exempt from any more tech questions in person outside of some simple basic ones.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I knew the amount that was my main goal, but that I might not get it. I asked them for that amount, and they said they could do $5,000 less, which was already $10k more than I was making at my current job at the time. However, they said they would give me the $5k as a guaranteed bonus. Great offer overall.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chatham Financial.

Interview

Applied online, as a first step they sent me hacker rank challenge with 10 mcqs and 1 coding questions. Completed the hacker rank challenge same day and Submitted but didn’t get response.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennett Square, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chatham Financial (Kennett Square, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

Initial Skype call with questions about my past experiences and motivations. Then I was invited onsite, which was a paid flight across the country, rental car + hotel. The onsite interview consisted of quite a few rounds (I think 4) of technical, brain teaser, and cross functional interviews.

Since I answered all other questions quite well, I expect the reason I did not get an offer was because of my performance on the brain teaser I was given. That being said, I haven't found myself performing brain teasers very often while developing software, so I'm not sure why they ask them. I performed quite well on all the coding interviews, which I imagine would be a better indicator of programming skills.

Interview Questions

• Develop an algorithm to count islands in a grid. The question can be found on leetcode: https://leetcode.com/problems/number-of-islands/description/   1 Answer
    • You've got 4 jars of pills with 3 jars contained 1 gram pills and 1 jar containing 1.1 gram pills. You have a scale that can weigh them only once. How do you figure out which jar has the 1.1 gram pills.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kennett Square, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chatham Financial (Kennett Square, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

After a phone screening, a half day interview process with multiple teams of interviewers and finally a meeting with the CTO and his immediate staff. For the entire process, I interacted only with engineering department staff. I was asked my opinions about software development and I believe skill and competence was being measured through a story telling aspect. By talking about my work they were able to make assessments. Few punches were pulled as the staff seems dedicated to being the best.

Interview Questions

• Implement a flexible software component that is not resistant to change. Visual Studio was brought up on a system with a monitor in a conference room.   1 Answer