Chatham Financial Software Support Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

4.0

Software Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennett Square, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chatham Financial (Kennett Square, PA) in May 2018.

Interview

A 15-minute phone call, 1-hour skype interview, 4 hours on-campus interview. The process took in total about a month. They are really picky about who they hire, base things more on your personality than skills but then neglect to ask anything about your personality or outside of work hobbies and goals. So be sure to speak out about personal hobbies that align with the company. Interview process was between average and difficult.

I have no doubt that I could have performed or even outperformed in this position, though am humble enough to know that I do not know everything. I was extremely nervous during the interview because of how much I knew I wanted the position and to work with for their company. So things may not have come across as well as I liked. Though regardless, everyone was amazingly nice and super friendly.

The company is growing rapidly, would be a great place to build a career or even stay at for your entire career. Also, the campus and work environment is absolutely beautiful.

Tips:

1. Be yourself, and don't be nervous.
2. Research the company as much as I did, then when you think your done research some more.
3. Don't get your hopes up. You are extremely lucky to get hired at this company. But from what I can tell only 5% or 10% of their candidates get an offer.
4. Be prepared for minor brain teasers, but be sure to write out your steps on the whiteboard instead of just solving it out loud.
5. Be humble, I was, but make sure to amp that up by 10 when you go through.
6. Good Luck.

From what I have seen it is an absolute honor to work for Chatham and to become a Chatamite (what they call their employees). You should feel proud of yourself if you get any position here. I would be honored to get a job cleaning their floors, that's how amazing they are.

Tips For Chatham: Do a longer skype interview and a shorter on-campus interview. It is pointless to have a working candidate burn over a day of vacation time to ultimately get rejected at the last stage of the process. Let alone waste 1 hour of every employees time for someone you are not 98.99% set on. Turn more people away during the skype interview. Nothing asked on campus couldn't have been asked in the Skype interview. Then narrow your pool down to one or two candidates and invite them in for a full day to judge their social skills etc. If you wanted it as bad as I did, it's like teasing a kid with candy showing them this beautiful company, campus, and culture, then ultimately ripping it out from underneath their feet. Would have been much easier to get rejected after the skype interview.

Regardless, It was an absolute honor and pleasure interviewing with Chatham. Good luck to future candidates that may be reading this, I'm sure you will do just fine. :)

Interview Questions

• Why Chatham?
    Whats one thing you like about your current position?
    Whats one thing you don't like about your current position?
    Why are you looking to change companies?
    Tell me about your background?
    How would you handle (example given) situation?
    What tools do you use to stay organized?
    How would you describe Chatham?
    Relaxed back and forth interview banter questions and responses.
    Not many "typical" interview questions throughout.   Answer Question