Check 'n Go Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Check 'n Go (Houston, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Met with the district manager at the store location , great personality and nice and clean environment. This was the first stage in the process. I interviewed this morning and am going to have an online interview via skype with the regional sometime later this week or beginning next week. They are checking there schedules to see when. They are hiring for multiple locations.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral in nature situation outcome and then result . Topics were around sales teamwork and problem solving. I brought up using out side the box ideas that i used with my previous team. How i used those ideas to help production at my last company.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Check 'n Go (Albuquerque, NM) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview process was extremely long. I was contacted by an HR company about this position. I interviewed for about 30 minutes on Skype with this company. They did a background check,reference check,and moved me on to an interview with HR. I did a Skype interview with HR that lasted over an hour. Everything seemed to go well. The following week they moved me to interview with the regional director. She told me she would get back to me by Monday or Tuesday-that interview also seemed to go well. As I had 3 interviews, spend hours in total, and waited almost a month in total from start to finish-I also did not physically apply for this job, they sought me out. I still did not get the job. After wasting my time they didn't even have the common decency to offer a phone call to let me know or a personal email. I received a standard,cold "dear john" letter. One could say i'm just mad I didn't get the job-on the other hand I just found the whole experience a waste of my time. Mostly because it was rude how they handled a candidate that had three interviews and a background check.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Check 'n Go (Grand Rapids, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

All interviews were done via video chat. There was one with an HR person, one with who would have been my boss, and one with theirs. None were done in person. The interviews got considerably worse as they progressed. The first one was very positive. The second, the individual complained about the company. The third, they did not ask any specific questions and appeared completely unengaged with the process.

Interview Questions

• What would your footprint be? (I had to clarify this, and they meant what would it be like to visit a location I managed).   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Check 'n Go (Fresno, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online for a part-time CSR position and received an email a few days later about taking an online assessment. About a week or so later, I received another email about scheduling an interview.

A week after that, I went in to the interview and met with the Hiring manager. She was incredibly sweet and friendly. Everything went well but the only downfall was the hours they were looking to fill. You pretty much have to have an open agenda and fill in whenever they needed you, roughly about 15-20 hours a week, some opening shifts and some closing. Not flexible with your schedule AT ALL and not even willing to consider it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a stressed guest.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What are some of your greatest achievements?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you couldn't complete all of your tasks and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you've had to work against your company policy.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Check 'n Go in July 2014.

Interview

The interview went really well. Even though I had to drive 1.5 hours to get to the interview, I remained positive that it might work out. On my way there, the manager called and delayed my interview but I was already 45 min. into my drive there. So I was stuck in another city for 6 hours because I didn't want to drive back home. Anyway, I DID NOT get the job. I am disappointed, a lot of energy feels wasted and I felt led-on by the manager interviewing me. PLUS, this store has a robbery problem from what I have read and heard, and ZERO SECURITY. So, my advice is unless you REALLY want to work for Check n' Go, do not waste your valuable time. It also took 8 days to find out whether or not they chose me after the interview. I received an completely impersonal e-mail saying they did not choose me after interviewing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen Park, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Check 'n Go (Allen Park, MI) in April 2013.

Interview

I was called by a BM to come in for a interview. Went to interview and was asked for a resume which I already had provided on their website for the 10 plus positions I had applied for. He seemed not to be enlightened about it... He had no information pulled up for me no copy of the application.. nothing! He had a blank note pad and asked me questions off the top of his head.. He had told me some of the job descriptions. And a couple stood out to me as safty hazards... Such as running the office alone, because some days I would have to let the manger have a day off.. Meaning getting paid for non-management pay to do management duties. Another that stood out was the had no.one to put up their money for them and you had to use your own vehicle to drop money off at the bank.. Red Flag for me!! BM .said I should hear something from him within next couple days... Welp days have turned in to months and no offer but I had already anticipated on rejecting the job offer due to the dangers of the job it self. But the professional thing to do as far as for him was to have at least contacted me to let me know they decided to move with other candidates instead of welp she'll get the message since I didn't call.

Interview Questions

• Pretty straight forward with all of the questions that were asked.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Check 'n Go (Chico, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Applied on line, was sent an assessment test, phone call a few days later, had face to face interview with one of the district managers, called the the next day to fill out info for background check. Background check only took about 3days. Started training a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about time you had to deal with an angry customer
      All questions were really basic (just google search you will find then all)   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Check 'n Go in February 2012.

Interview

I first applied back in Oct, no answers. So I reapplied one or two more times then finally the end of Jan I got an email that I was chosen to continue with the hiring process. The next step is to do the assessment test. It took me about 30 mins to finished. At the time I felt that I failed the test and they wouldn't call me for an interview. But the big day came!! I got a call last week, feb 16, to go for an interview and the guys last day was on friday so she's conducting interview to fill his position. I was excited because it's been FOUR mos and finally I got an interviewed. On monday went in for the interviewed lasted for an hr and 16 mins, she gave me alot of insight on the business and what they do in there. Which was great! It was more like a normal conversation instead of a job interview. At the end she told me she has another the next day and after that she will make her decision since she wants to fill the position asap. If hired I will get a call from her or the DD to check my email to verify if I want the job. If I do then click yes and after the background check and eveyrthing. A date will be set for me to start training. We ended the interview with my desire wage, i said 9 or 10 since i'm unsure of how much they start their csr. The questions we're easy to understand and not hard at all. UPDATE! FEB 23RD I GOT THE JOB!! :D

Interview Questions

• If you have specific things that needed to be done how do you organize them/schedule them. Tell me about yourself? Tell me about a time when you we're asked to do something that isn't right. What did you do and what was the situation. Individual or team player? A time when you persuaded someone to do something, the situation and what technique you used to persuade that individual. what do you think will make the customer comes to us first with their payment? If a customer wants to see the store manager how would you relay the message to her/him. Give an example of what ways you do to gain respect from others. Is customer always right a model in your life? Why you are still with or left your previous work? What you enjoy about your previous work? Collection, debt experiences?   1 Answer