Checkers Industrial Safety Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Checkers Industrial Safety Products

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Checkers Industrial Safety Products (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a HR person to conduct a brief phone screen. The recruiter asked high-level behavioral questions that did not pertain to day-to-day tasks. She allotted time for questions, but was unable to answer anything related directly to the job. She indicated that I'd hear by the end of the week to schedule in-person meetings with the hiring manager the following week. The individual was permanently located at their out-of-state HQ and would b flying into town to conduct in-person interviews for the role. The end of the week deadline passed without a response, so I'd assumed they gone in another direction. Late on Tuesday of the following week, I received a call to come in the following day or Friday of the same week. When I called back the recruiter told me that the hiring manager had come in unexpectedly and would like to talk to me about the role. I knew that was a lie as I'd already been told they planned on doing interviews during this timeframe. At best they were terribly disorganized. Taking into account, how they treat you during the interview process is how they'll treat you as an employee, I refused to rearrange my schedule to accommodate the last minute request. I left the door open a crack by offering to make myself available for a phone interview. A few days later I received an automated response stating that there were no suitable positions available for my skill set. This was another falsehood as I'd already been contacted twice to interview for the position in which I'd applied.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Checkers Industrial Safety Products (Broomfield, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward and designed to screen for social intelligence and multitasking ability. I interviewed with two people separately after a phone interview. Most of the questions were about past work and they spent a lot of time talking about where the company was headed.

Interview Questions

• How can you demonstrate your multitasking skills at previous jobs.   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Checkers Industrial Safety Products (Broomfield, CO) in January 2010.

Interview

I was pretty disappointed in the interview overall. The interviewer was dressed so casually that I didn't think that she could really have been in Human Resources. She had on jeans, hiking boots, and some kind of t-shirt or jacket. She didn't really seem to have that much experience. In addition, she was late by about ten minutes. I should have known by her behavior and unprofessional attitude that this would not be the greatest place to work.

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Checkers Industrial Safety Products (Broomfield, CO) in January 2010.

Interview

One interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You will work for this little or not work at all

North America Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Checkers Industrial Safety Products in August 2012.

Interview

I found the posting on CB and matched their qualifications to the letter. I sent off my resume and cover letter and was called by a third-party recruiter literally within 30 minutes. I phone-screened by the recruiter and he indicated he would immediately forward me to the hiring manager as my skill set and experience made me "a no-brainer" in his words. After nearly two weeks I called the recruiter and basically told him I had other opportunities but really wanted to pursue this position. this motivated the company to phone-interview me and another two weeks later, and again at my prodding I was asked to fly out to their corporate headquarters in Broomfield CO. I was given pretty short notice and had to scramble to get time off from my current position. The first face-to-face went fairly smooth. We had what I thought was tremendous synergy and I left feeling pretty good. the next step was a final interview which ended up taking ANOTHER two weeks and AGAIN was scheduled with little advance. I flew back to Colorado and though the recruiter and I spoke the evening before and the morning OF the interview he still managed to give me the wrong show time and I arrived an hour late. this cost me time with one of the FIVE people I had to interview with, mostly one-on-one. I had been told all along that I was basically the ONLY candidate given my "perfect match"... but on the morning of the final interview I was told by the SAME recruiter that I was now one of two candidates (he supplied both) and that "either one of you could walk away with an offer". So after prodding twice to move the process along, after TWO short-notice flights to Colorado and after being given the wrong start time for the final interview I went back home and waited..... and waited.... and waited.... Seems they were too busy to make a decision. After 3 weeks I was unceremoniously called by the recruiter and was told they had decided to not make a decision and start the process over again at a leter time. I was asked if I would be interested in revisiting the process.. Are you KIDDING ME?? This was perhaps the most unprofessional vetting process I've ever been a part of. I was made to jump through hoops, had to continually push for movement and after 3 months was told they've decided to hold off for now and start over later.

Interview Questions

• From the recruiter - "They've decided to hold off for now on making an offer or decision. they would like to basically start the search over at a later date. Would you be interested in reapplying?"   1 Answer