Cheddar's Hostess Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cheddar's Hostess Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

1.8

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cheddar's.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a few days later to set up an interview. When I got there I found out that the manager who was supposed to interview me was not there, and the person who was scheduled to go before me was stillborn waiting for his interview. While I was waiting I figured out that the person who was before me had worked there previously, which is probably why I didn't get the job. I waited almost thirty minutes for another manager to finally interview me, and it was obvious he had made up his mind before he even met me.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cheddar's

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheddar's.

Interview

From what I've gathered from my own interview and from the reviews left on here is that when they call you in to interview they're already in the mindset they'll hire you unless something goes wrong in the interview. They don't require previous restaurant experience so it's a pretty easy place to get into.

My interview:
    I arrived about 15 minutes early, went in, and told the the hostess my name and that I was there for an interview at 2:30 with *insert name*. She told me to have a seat and that she would go grab him. She came back and said he is on his way. He came and greeted me and we walked to a secluded area of the restaurant and started the interview 10 minutes early.
       The questions were pretty simple (what I do at my current job, do I walk around much, a bad customer experience, etc). After a few questions we got into talking about my availability and the scheduling process.
       He excused himself and said he was going to speak with who I'm assuming is the head manager. He came back and offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is your position at your current job/ what are your daily duties?   Answer Question
    • At your job are you standing in one place or do you move around much?   1 Answer
    • Can you tell me about a time that you and a customer did not see eye to eye? Perhaps they took things a too personally?   Answer Question
    • What do you believe a hostess does?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheddar's (Greenville, SC).

Interview

It was pretty easy. That called me and we set up at interview time. The general manager wasn't there so another manager interviewed me. He just asked me pretty basic questions.

Interview Questions

They told me they only needed people to work during the weekend and they pay their hostess's $2.13 an hour but they receive a share of the servers tips which I think is unfair.

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cheddar's (Daytona Beach, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online; called in to check status of application and received a call the next day to set up an interview. First interview was with the hostess manager and it was pretty easy, no hard question. Went back in a couple days for an interview with the GM. Got the job on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheddar's (Winston-Salem, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

Pretty quick, they just were looking to make sure I was outgoing enough to work there. And then we just kind of talked until she told me that I could start a couple days later.

Anonymous Employee in Harker Heights, Bell, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheddar's (Harker Heights, Bell, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Personal interview, we sat down in a booth where I was greeted by the manager I grew to know and trust. It's very welcoming and light and open. Dress in some nice pants and a nice button up or dress shirt and smile alot. They want you to successed

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheddar's (Dallas, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

it was easy the interviewer was very nice very simple questions took about 20 minutes. they took me to one of the tabels in the resturant and then offered me a meal afterwords

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cheddar's (Katy, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

The first manager I interviewed with made it seem like a sure thing and that the second interview was just a formality. I was initially interviewing for server for lunches. For my second interview I got the hostess manager who told me that all lunch server positions were actually taken and I offered to host instead so I could be promoted when one opened up. She admitted to me later that she had been having a bad day but it went from a sure thing we'll have you in training by monday to a "we'll call you". Called the first manager which me hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheddar's (Greenville, SC) in September 2011.

Interview

There was a 'now hiring' sign outside of the new Cheddar's and it wasn't open yet. I went to fill out an application and didn't know that they were doing on the site interviews. My interview went perfect but because I'm still in high school and don't have open availibility they couldn't hire me yet. I was told I'd be very useful after the grand opening and things settle in.

Anonymous Employee in Valdosta, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheddar's (Valdosta, GA) in December 2010.

Interview

The interview took 10 minutes at the most. There was a now hiring sign outside, however, it was not yet open. I went to the trailer in the back, he asked me a couple of questions and hired me on the spot. Overall it was pretty easy, but it is recommended that you are dressed to impressed.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you encountered a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.