Cheddar's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.7

Sort:

Wait Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheddar's (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I put my application on line. Called and spoke with Amy and Landford. They made me aware that I had applied for cook not wait staff. So I resubmitted my application to wait staff and was told to answer the wait staff questions and Bobby at 3 pm on Friday.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I wanted to work for this establishment? I   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cheddar's (College Station, TX).

Interview

walk in and ask to speak to a manager. They sit you down to get a feel for your attitude then see if you are qualified for the position and tell you a little about the company

Waitress Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cheddar's.

Interview

it was very fast and short. as long as you look presentable you will be hired even if you have no work experience. The training moves you very fast. most people are unprepared to serve on their own but still were thrown into the hard sections. no opportunity to move up in company.

Anonymous Employee in Webster, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheddar's (Webster, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

It was relatively straight forward interview - they asked about my past experience and questions about how I worked under stress. To prepare you just need to be familiar with the type of work that a server will do, and the skills required (like a good memory for taking orders). The managers were, for the most part nice, and I heard back immediately. I think the interview was in part to make sure that the people they hire to work there are going to show up, be respectful, and actually get work done. It is really a straight forward process.

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cheddar's (Albuquerque, NM) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was easy and the menu is easy to memorize. I would advise having employment history ready and show that you are open to developing/ improving your customer service skills.

Interview Questions

• What is your employment history?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cheddar's (Katy, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I called them after I had filled out the application and I immediately set up an interview for the next day. When I got there, I only waited about 10 minutes. Then I was welcomed by the general manager who proceeded to interview me. He literally only asked me about 2 questions and began to talk about the background of Cheddars for 20 minutes. I was then encountered by the service manager who hired me on the spot. I had no previous experience.

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheddar's (Huntsville, AL) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied to Cheddars online on snagajob. I was in the middle of my softball season so I didn't call in until about a month later. The manager answered, asked a couple questions, and offered to get me in for an interview that same day. I went in 3 days later because I was out of town. The manager wasn't able to see me so another one came to interview me, came in for a second interview and got the job. The staff AND the managing staff is so nice and helpful. By the way, I had no serving experience! Cheddars is willing to teach!

Interview Questions

• What made you choose Cheddars?   1 Answer
    • Have you had our food? What is your favorite?   1 Answer
    • What does success and teamwork mean to you?   Answer Question
    • Name a time that you personally solved a guest conflict...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheddar's (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Took manager 10 minutes after interview time to finally come because he wasn't even there. Went over simple questions to see my personality. Then asked me if I wanted a job.

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cheddar's (Winston-Salem, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

have to fill out application first online,then personal interview,manager very professional,yet personable,The restaurant itself is beautiful,which is very misleading as to what expect,good training,what you will not be made aware of is all the doubles,and hours,that you will need to work in order to make any money

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cheddar's (Tampa, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

Two interview process. I interviewed with a restaurant manager and then the next day with the GM. Very basic interview questions. First interview lasted about 5 mins, second lasted 10-15. Experience didn’t seem necessary but definitely helped.