Cheddar's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cheddar's Interview Questions

Updated Dec 24, 2017

1.8

Food Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheddar's.

Interview

The interview was very positive. It was pretty quick and straight forward. He asked a bunch of questions and I answered them and I got the job on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cheddar's (Tampa, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

Two interview process. I interviewed with a restaurant manager and then the next day with the GM. Very basic interview questions. First interview lasted about 5 mins, second lasted 10-15. Experience didn’t seem necessary but definitely helped.

Dishwashing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cheddar's in October 2017.

Interview

Hello my name is Lisa Haynes and I am a people person I'm very positive and very motivated I have a positive mind I am a go-getter I come to work on time I make sure my work is nice and neat and I make sure I meet my customers needs and wants and I love making people happy and satisfied and humble

Interview Questions

• why do i what to work with this company   1 Answer

Busser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheddar's.

Interview

I applied online. No response for 2 months, so I did it again and was called the same day. Their website is super tidy and the application process is easy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Cheddar's?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheddar's (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Took manager 10 minutes after interview time to finally come because he wasn't even there. Went over simple questions to see my personality. Then asked me if I wanted a job.

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cheddar's (Katy, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I called them after I had filled out the application and I immediately set up an interview for the next day. When I got there, I only waited about 10 minutes. Then I was welcomed by the general manager who proceeded to interview me. He literally only asked me about 2 questions and began to talk about the background of Cheddars for 20 minutes. I was then encountered by the service manager who hired me on the spot. I had no previous experience.

Wait Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheddar's (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I put my application on line. Called and spoke with Amy and Landford. They made me aware that I had applied for cook not wait staff. So I resubmitted my application to wait staff and was told to answer the wait staff questions and Bobby at 3 pm on Friday.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I wanted to work for this establishment? I   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Cheddar's (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and went into the store 3 days after and asked them if they were still hiring they called me the same day to set up an interview for the next day, I went into the restaurant and waited 30 mins, the person who was suppose to interview didn't even show up, another manager interviewed me for 2 secs it was obvious they didn't need anyone, very unprofessional.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cheddar's.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a few days later to set up an interview. When I got there I found out that the manager who was supposed to interview me was not there, and the person who was scheduled to go before me was stillborn waiting for his interview. While I was waiting I figured out that the person who was before me had worked there previously, which is probably why I didn't get the job. I waited almost thirty minutes for another manager to finally interview me, and it was obvious he had made up his mind before he even met me.

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheddar's (Huntsville, AL) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied to Cheddars online on snagajob. I was in the middle of my softball season so I didn't call in until about a month later. The manager answered, asked a couple questions, and offered to get me in for an interview that same day. I went in 3 days later because I was out of town. The manager wasn't able to see me so another one came to interview me, came in for a second interview and got the job. The staff AND the managing staff is so nice and helpful. By the way, I had no serving experience! Cheddars is willing to teach!

Interview Questions

• What made you choose Cheddars?   1 Answer
    • Have you had our food? What is your favorite?   1 Answer
    • What does success and teamwork mean to you?   Answer Question
    • Name a time that you personally solved a guest conflict...   Answer Question