Cheddar's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cheddar's Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

1.9

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cheddar's.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a few days later to set up an interview. When I got there I found out that the manager who was supposed to interview me was not there, and the person who was scheduled to go before me was stillborn waiting for his interview. While I was waiting I figured out that the person who was before me had worked there previously, which is probably why I didn't get the job. I waited almost thirty minutes for another manager to finally interview me, and it was obvious he had made up his mind before he even met me.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheddar's.

Interview

Sat down with area director. Covered my resume and previous experience. He had an inteview agenda lined up wherein he asked questions and I answered. Questions were not very difficult.

Anonymous Employee in Wichita Falls, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheddar's (Wichita Falls, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online through Snag-a-Job and then went in about 20 minutes later to see if the hiring manager was there, basically to force an interview. Got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Do yo like people?   1 Answer
    • Why not go back to (other restaurant)?   1 Answer

Busser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheddar's.

Interview

A few days after applying online they called me in for an interview. I came in and was asked to wait at a table. A few minutes later the manager came and I was asked a few easy questions and was then given the job. The manager was very nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheddar's (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I came in for an open interview. I was told they needed "immediate help". I ended up waiting for over an hour before someone even acknowledged me (unprofessional). I filled out an app in-store & was then told the hiring manager wouldn't speak with me that day & I'd hear a callback. Never got a call so I called back & was once again told I'd hear a callback. Never did. Such a waste of time & energy for a place that supposedly needed help.

Interview Questions

• Never was interviewed although that's what I came for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheddar's (Jacksonville, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

Very easy, the manager was really nice as well with that making it easier. The interview was maybe 20 min job and ended with a job offer, and the environment seemed fun!

Interview Questions

• What would be a main focal point if a family was at dinner?   1 Answer

Network/Desktop Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheddar's (Irving, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Question and answer session with the IT "brass". Background and scenario questions. Made to feel as comfortable as possible in what's usually a high stress situation. Even if I didn't get the job, the experience would have been great.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience; what I did in crisis situations. List one failure and what you learned from it.   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheddar's.

Interview

From what I've gathered from my own interview and from the reviews left on here is that when they call you in to interview they're already in the mindset they'll hire you unless something goes wrong in the interview. They don't require previous restaurant experience so it's a pretty easy place to get into.

My interview:
    I arrived about 15 minutes early, went in, and told the the hostess my name and that I was there for an interview at 2:30 with *insert name*. She told me to have a seat and that she would go grab him. She came back and said he is on his way. He came and greeted me and we walked to a secluded area of the restaurant and started the interview 10 minutes early.
       The questions were pretty simple (what I do at my current job, do I walk around much, a bad customer experience, etc). After a few questions we got into talking about my availability and the scheduling process.
       He excused himself and said he was going to speak with who I'm assuming is the head manager. He came back and offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is your position at your current job/ what are your daily duties?   Answer Question
    • At your job are you standing in one place or do you move around much?   1 Answer
    • Can you tell me about a time that you and a customer did not see eye to eye? Perhaps they took things a too personally?   Answer Question
    • What do you believe a hostess does?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cheddar's (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview, computer assessment, meet with area and regional managers, walk thru of a store, offer was made by the hr team, was a long process of 12 week, no contract till training complete.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheddar's (Morgantown, WV) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call for an interview about a week later. The first guy I interviewed with was very calm and relaxed and just asked basic questions about me and my experience. He then told me to come back the following week to have an interview with another manager. I came back, ended up waiting for about an hour till he finally met with me, had the wrong application, then asked if I would be interested in being a host, which I declined since the hosts don't make the money to support living ($4 plus 3% tip servers make). I declined because I didn't apply as a host and online it said that they needed servers.