Cheesecake Factory Baker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 30, 2017

1.9

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmhurst, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Elmhurst, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Called the manager to check on application status, was told to come in that day for an interview. Manager detailed what the job entails, asked if I was interested. Asked for full-time availability.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cheesecake Factory

Anonymous Employee in Queens Village, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Queens Village, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

It was brief and to the point. I was seen by two managers and then the General manager. All asking similar things and then passed on into the paperwork process to begin legal employment.

Interview Questions

• What is it that you can add to our family here at the Cheesecake Factory?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

It was actually really fast - I was called about 2 days after applying. It began with a phone interview where they asked me a few preliminary questions (last about 5-6 minutes maybe) and afterwards I was granted an in-person interview. That lasted a while, maybe an hour. I was then told I would get a second interview with the general manager of the restaurant. I think my first interview was with a regular manager. The second interview was faster, I think he is just a busy guy, so it was maybe 30 minutes. We went over my availability, past experiences, how I would handle being in a busy and hectic environment. He told me then that I was hired and would hear from them about orientation!

Interview Questions

• What is an instance in your past work that was difficult or there was a disagreement. How did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

It was very quick, the overall mood was positive and uplifting. I was immediately greeted when I came in. I didn't feel too nervous, the interviewer was calm and was very funny. He made the process flow and go smoothly.

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Huntington Beach, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

First start by applying online. Within a month or so, a manager will contact you to schedule an interview. Afterwards you meet with the said manager, then if you pass, have another interview with the general manager. You are then hired or not, depending if they call you back within a few days.

Interview Questions

• Why cheesecake factory, what are some of your hobbies, how do you feel about working in a fast paced environmentetc...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied and got a phone call the next week for an interview. Very short and quick. Normal basic questions to get to know you. Hired on the spot with no restaurant experience.

Interview Questions

• What are you doing with your life? Have you ever worked in the restaurant industry before?   Answer Question

Baker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

Large group of people, asked questions on what they like to do, what they like, what skills they have... I applied for hosted & they hired me as a baker.

Interview Questions

• Having to memorize the dessert menu & the ingredients of each dessert.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Austin, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Sent in an online application, received a call within a week. Came in for an interview with a manager, then a second interview with the head manager the next day.People I interviewed with were very nice and easygoing, very little pressure on myself as a prospective employee.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that is relevant to this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating, they gave me a pay number and asked "when can you start?"

Baker Interview

Interview

Three interview process. Phone, Assistant Manger, then General Manager. They did call references. Easy interviews though, completed over two days.

Negotiation

Was told I could move to higher paying positions quickly.

Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (San Juan, PR) in August 2013.

Interview

After a bit over a month of applying online, got a call for an interview for a new location opening. Because of my studies in pastry, even though I had years of experience as a server, I was offered a job as a Baker or Dessert Finisher (how the call it in their website). The interview was very short, not too many questions, nothing too difficult. They seem to put a lot of value in the form and test you have to take online when applying for a job.

Interview Questions

• In what way would my work ethic be of value for the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate for more than what they initially offered because it was more than I even expected to get paid in the first place.