Cheesecake Factory Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 2, 2017

2.1

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trumbull, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Trumbull, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

Went on-site for face to face interview; sat down and discussed the position, the expectations, etc. Manager seemed to have already made his mind up before interview, as was demonstrated by his level of distraction in a completely empty and closed restaurant. Entire interview laated only 15 minutes. Was told I would hear back by 3pm a few days from the interview if they were interested.

Interview Questions

• What brought me to Cheesecake Factory?   Answer Question
  • Are you comfortable giving and receiving criticism from your peers?   1 Answer
  • Think of a time you had to deal with a difficult customer or situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cheesecake Factory

Anonymous Employee in Indio, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Indio, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview process over the phone so far went well. i got accepted for an interview the next day. Over the phone she was asking me basic questions on why they should hire me and on my availablity.

Interview Questions

• why they should hire me other than the other candidates   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I applied online, and received a brief phone interview shortly after. Went to an in person interview a few days after the phone interview. Interview questions were focused on past experiences and situations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview process was like talking to a friend that you haven't had communication with in a long time. Got interviewed by 4 people and just made me fill out a packet of paper work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

I came in early for my interview. I walked in and it looks like all management was by the sign in table discussing their private lives. As soon as they saw me their disperse. I was asked to sign in and to have a seat and someone will call me shortly. I was called in to have a seat in this tight cubicle with two chairs facing each other. My knees was touching my manager's knees.

Interview Questions

• Why would I would like to work for the Cheesecake Factory? What was my experience dining in the Cheesecake factory? What is my availability? What do I expect about the job that I applied for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

There's an online portion that takes forever and even has an intelligence portion. Then a few weeks later they call you back to have a phone interview, then an in person interview, and after that one more interview with the General Manager. The online portion makes sure you're not stupid, the phone interview is to make sure you're not crazy, the first in person is to make sure you're friendly, and the last one is to make sure you're an employee with good character.

Interview Questions

• they ask about experience in the field   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

Applied online through indeed.Called for in person interview. Went through a few questions with various managers. Went home and received a call a few hours later. It was easy just be confident and be friendly and outgoing! They just discuss experience and see if you fit the culture!

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Very professional, yet very laid back. Assistant Managers/ GMs were very friendly. Made you feel extremely comfortable. 3 interviews all together. Phone, 1:1 then a final 1:1. With the final basically explaining my training. Of deterred me the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I could've negotiated but they gave my whatever I put on my job application

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Richmond, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position about a week before receiving a phone call. Over the phone, I was asked a few brief questions in regards to my availability (to come in) and why I wanted to work for the company. I was then asked to come in the following afternoon to be interviewed by the person who interviewed me over the phone, who also happens to be the assistant store manager. She was very friendly in her tone, while also being straight forward, which to me is ALWAYS a good indicator.

Upon meeting with her, I was asked a couple of questions in reference to how you think, almost like a personality test, but with the exception of getting your results. These questions in my opinions were simple to answer, because you have no choice but to be honest - literally. Because based on how you respond to these questions would determine whether or not you were consistent and/or honest. I exchanged responses for about 10-15 minutes, which ended with her setting me up for a second interview the next morning with the store manager.

The following morning, I met up with the store manager, and he was just as wonderful. Well mannered, very laid back but remained professional in the same aspect. It was rather refreshing! He asked me about previous employers, previous duties, and why I left them. Basically explaining to me that he is offering me the position, and then explained the positions to me. I also got to learn a little bit more about how the system is set up

In both interviews, I felt I could relate to both persons, which was wonderful. I think I will greatly enjoy working here! My advice to anyone is to be genuine, honest, and show that you are interested in the company as well as other people.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with someone who was overbearing? How would you approach that person?   Answer Question
    • What are some pros and cons of working at a fast pace?   Answer Question
    • If someone felt that you were overbearing, how you would handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • Is there anything else you want me to know about you before we stop?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (New Orleans, LA) in May 2014.

Interview

They asked me to come in within a day of filling out the application form, I waited 20 minutes to be interviewed, they all were staring at me. I was the only one dressed up and everyone else wore jeans and tank tops. upon being interviewed, they asked me qustions that I filled out on the application survey. I have no job experience and just got my GED and I believe that's what didn't get me the job, hardly any sales experience. the interview only lasted 5 minutes and barely asked any questions. I felt also overwhelmed by such a big company. "If you don't hear from us within 24 hours, we chose to go with other candidates" yeah because of the barely any sales experience. but always will support this company. overall I blew it because of my nerves and pressure. there will be other opportunities.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between emotions and passion?   1 Answer
    • What does it take to be a leader?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any questions about the cheesecake factory?   1 Answer