Cheesecake Factory Food Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cheesecake Factory Food Server Interview Questions

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Santa Monica, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

1) quick phone interview
2) one-on-one face-to-face with server manager
3) Final one-on-one with general manager

I applied online and was called the following morning for a brief phone interview. I was then called into the new location hire center. They asked me to wait in an interviewee area with a table that had a TV on and Cheesecake Factory menus to review while waiting. The TV had a very upbeat video done by Cheesecake Factory Employees. The video was very motivational and got me even more pumped to work there. Both managers i met with were super nice and made e feel very comfortable during the process. Seems like a place where i will meet my new batch of life long friends! Cant wait for orientation!

Interview Questions

• How can you tell when one of your coworkers is upset?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. Take it or leave it.

Other Interview Reviews for Cheesecake Factory

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, took about a month to get a call for an interview. Did a quick phone interview, then asked to come in for an interview. Spoke to a manager, followed by an immediate interview with the GM, pretty laid back honestly. Offered a position on the spot.The GM was a really down to earth guy that I felt comfortable with.

Interview Questions

• Are you goal oriented, what goal have you set for yourself   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with a difficult customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Short Hills, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

The hire process was a little chaotic at first. I went and after applying online for the first interview which was simple got some questions ask about my background etc.... I got hired pretty much on the spot because so much was going on during the time I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience references basic questionnaire   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Reno, NV) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview process was initially on the phone talked a bit about experience and the job and why I was interested. Met with a service manager and interviewed further and expanded on why I would like to work with Cheesecake Factory. Final meeting was with the GM who gave the final yes or no.

Interview Questions

• what do you bring to the table?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Lincolnshire, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

When i arrived to be interviewed i had to wait for 15-20 minutes before someone came to greet me. The questions were basis one,hours and availability, what have you done, or what would you do in a certain situation. i had to meet with another manager after. I was hired. But training was for 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in certain situation if a guest has a problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

When it comes to availability do not say open. Make sure you give yourself a few days off.

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

Interview

Phone interview, online personality quiz - takes quite a while, personal interview with a manager. Interview was fairly quick. Submitted the application about 2 months prior to getting a phone interview. After the call the interview process was quick. Manager who hired me was late for the interview but nice about the fact that I had been waiting. Many interviews are done so people will be waiting before and after you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2013.

Interview

Filled out online application, which included a test very similar to the SAT, and a personality test. Received phone call promptly for a phone interview. Answered all questions and made a date for an in-person interview. Upon arriving at the first interview, I arrived early but had to wait about 20 minutes or so (understandable, considering that the restaurant looked somewhat busy). First manager interviewing me was very polite and friendly, outgoing, and made me feel exceptionally welcome. Asked me objective questions about how I could greatly apply my skills directly to the restaurant--how can we bring out the best in you? I had taken quite some time to thoroughly research both the menu and the company itself prior to the interview, and had an opportunity to share my prior serving experience with this first manager, who was very warm and kind. I felt the first interview went exceptionally well... This manager scheduled me to meet with a higher manager at a later date --I was very excited. The second interview was quite a different story altogether! I arrived on time but again had to wait a rather lengthy amount of time in order to simply meet with this said manager. I was greeted somewhat coldly--the rigid handshake, complete with a frown followed by other subtle cues to further indicate that my chances were likely all but in vain. The questions were asked in a stiff, terse, and unwelcoming tone, read like a laundry list from A to Z, giving me a very unwelcoming feeling. At the very least, I was given a day when their ultimate decision would be made, but to be quite honest with you readers--looking in hindsight--I was very sorely disappointed at the experience and feel somewhat shocked at how oppositely I had been not only greeted but interviewed when comparing the first interview from the second one.

Interview Questions

• If you made a mistake that went unnoticed, what would you do? It was a vague question, which I needed clarification on.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redondo Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Redondo Beach, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

The online application process seriously took longer than all of my interviews put together! Not even 24 hours after I filled out an application online, I got a call from a manager and she asked me to come in later that day. I was shocked! I had filled out applications to a bunch of other places months ago and had never heard back. When I got there I met up with the same woman who had called me, and her interview was literally only five minutes long! After that, she called over the general manager and he sat down and talked to me for maybe 15 minutes and then hired me on the spot! Both the manager and the general manager were very kind and seemed to really want to get to know me as a person before they made their employment offer.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were simple ones like: Why do you want to work at this Cheesecake Factory or Why did you have to leave your prior employer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Syracuse, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

The process was very quick. I applied a week prior and got a call back to have an interview. Was hired on the spot. I interviewed with one of the senior managers and they asked me various questions that are normal for a server. Then the general manager came over to ask me more about my personality and what I thought of any experience that I have had of the Cheesecake Factory before.

Interview Questions

• Would you blame someone else for your mistakes?   1 Answer

Food Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in August 2012.

Interview

- Applied in-person and received a call back a few days later
    - Had there Interviews with three different managers: two Senior-Level Managers and the last with the General Manager
    -While the interviews were, I showed up for one and was told the managers were "too busy" so that didn't sit well at first. However, once I got the job, I realized that this happens frequently.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer