Cheesecake Factory Host Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cheesecake Factory Host Interview Questions

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview was brief it was a grand opening. I applied online and got a call from the host manager. After that interview I immediately had an interview with GM they go over your availability and your hired.

Interview Questions

• 1. If you told a gust their wait time was 30 mins but they waited 45 and notice they were angry, how would you handle that?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Got paid more than expected so no reason to negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for Cheesecake Factory

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Chandler, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and did a fairly extensive personality and IQ test. I was called about a week later and asked to come in for an interview, but was not interviewed over the phone, as many other posts about this employer describe. I arrived about 15 minutes early and was not interviewed until about 10 minutes after the scheduled time by the manger who was there that day.

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in February 2015.

Interview

The process took about 2 weeks. I applied online and received a call asking to schedule and interview and then confirming my availability. Went it was asked basic questions and overall was pretty easy. The interviewer had to change a couple questions for me since I have no experience but was nice about it. Didn't end up receiving a call back from them.

Interview Questions

• Have you come across a situation where you had to resolve a problem yourself and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Host Interview

Interview

I applied online after I saw an ad. After I completed the application I waited a week until I got a call back. I came in for an interview and spoke with two managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed. I found this difficult because I had to express a flaw which I did not want to expand on or go into detail in fear I would ruin my chance of getting the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in The Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (The Grove, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Hired on the spot. Interview was fast and easy, did not have to give references and was trading the next day. Had to give brief experience overview and did paperwork in the office and was good to go. I applied online and called the restaurant to follow up initially and was granted a interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (San Diego, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

first you apply online. then you get a call to come in for an interview. Was a new store opening. kind of like a cattle call, tons of people applying in a big room. Lots of paperwork going on. So you meet with a section manager have a interview. they either ask you to wait or say they call you back, if you get wait that means you meat the GM for a final once over interview. they say they'll call you back. if you're hired they'll call you in a few days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Applied online, received a call a day later from the section manager. She asked me a few really basic questions about prior experience, then asked me to come in and meet her. I met with her a few days later, it went really well and she arranged a meeting with the general manager for me in a couple days. The general manager seemed like a busy guy, but not in a bad way. The second interview only lasted about ten minutes, with no real challenging questions. Standard restaurant questions. He said if I didn't hear from him that afternoon to assume I hadn't got the position. I didn't hear from him.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected, mostly why do you want to work here, what do you think makes a good host, do you have those qualities, etc.

Also asked which cheesecake factory restaurants I had been to and what I knew about the company.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Baltimore, MD) in June 2012.

Interview

Applied online, was called for very brief phone interview and then brought in for an in-person. Very casual and easy. Mostly testing personality rather than answers to actual questions. More like a conversation than a test.

Interview Questions

• Do you like the cheesecake factory? Why do you want to work here? What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Walnut Creek, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Takes forever to actually be interviewed. Sit in the waiting area for anywhere from a half hour to an hour and a half. Interview itself is rather straight forward. Sometimes they'll have you come back for the next interview another day, other times it'll occur the second day. Typically a third interview is with the GM to determine final say so.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions such as what you would contribute to the company. They also ask if you'll commit to them for a year minimum.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (San Mateo, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by the host manager first and then I interviewed with the general manager. Both had very specific questions about what I would do in specific situations. Some situations that happen normally at the front desk and then they asked about what would happen in more outlandish situations.

Interview Questions

• What have you learned from a previous job that you can apply to this job?   Answer Question