Cheesecake Factory Hostess Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 24, 2017

1.9

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

The interview took about 10 minutes. I highly suggest having a good resume and doing your best on the assessment. I basically had the job before I even walked in. The manager loved my positive attitude so try to be upbeat.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cheesecake Factory

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Mesa, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

I drove 45 minutes for a 5 minute interview for them to tell me they already hired someone. The manager said he was going to call me but "forgot".

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Greenwood, IN).

Interview

Depending on who you interview with, it could be with the Assistant GM and if it is, you'll have to do a 2nd interview with the GM. Depending on what you apply for, its a variety of different questions.

Interview Questions

• What hours can you work   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your previous experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

It was roughly 5 minutes. The manager was laid back and offered a different job than i was applying for so i declined. The manager really didn't ask alot of questions, just asking me why i wanted to work at cheesecake factory and how i found out about the position. The restaurant seems well kept.

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Sarasota, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied at midnight and got a call that same day. I had an interview the next day and then another interview the next day and got the job. I was trained the next day and had my first shift the day after that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Orland Park, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was brief, it only lasted about 5-8mins. Hiring manager was friendly and the conversation flowed well. The shortness of interview could have been due to the busy atmosphere and the other 11 candidates the manager said they were interviewing for various positions.

Hostess Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

I applied online & about a week later I got a call from the manager. We had a brief phone interview & she asked if I could come in later that day. I got there & immediately she came out, greeted me, and we sat so the real interview could begin. She asked basic questions and told me about what to expect being a host there. She made the experience very comfortable & laid back. I was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What do you like to do? What are your hobbies?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your experience in retail. What didn't you like about it?   Answer Question
    • Are you available weekends and holidays?   Answer Question

Negotiation

If I could give any advice, it would be definitely smile & show that you'd be a great addition to the team.

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Dayton, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

I went in for the first interview, was very brief maybe 15 minutes. I then went in a few days later for another interview with another manager who asked me the same questions as the first interview.

Anonymous Employee in Peabody, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Peabody, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Two in-store interviews and was hired a month later. don't know why it took them so long to get me started. Was a little unorganized to be honest.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call to come in for an interview a couple days later. The Interview itself only took about 20minutes and the manager was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• What separates a good hostess from a great hostess?   1 Answer