Cheesecake Factory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cheesecake Factory Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2018

2.3

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

It went well, they asked a few questions. The interviewers were very nice and they knew what they were looking for in an employee. I liked the way they went about it.

Interview Questions

• How would you make customers happy?   1 Answer

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied and the same day I received a phone interview. The phone interviewer liked me and told me to come in the next day for an interview. I came in the next day and had an initial first interview. We had a great conversation and she even recommended a different position that worked best for my personality. She wanted me for the job so she contacted the next interviewer. I waited a bit but I was so excited at the idea of working there that I didn't mind. Once he arrived I could tell he was in a foul mood. he didn't smile or even reach out to shake my hand and when I did reach out to shake his hand he said "oh" and finally shook it. I could he was very disinterested in me before the interview even started. He was slouching in his seat so much he kept stepping on my toes bearly even looking at me, barely asked me any questions, and there were long pauses where he just seemed not to care. It was a horrible experience and I may even stop eating there just to ensure I never run into that man.

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clackamas, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Clackamas, OR) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied and got a call about a week later to set up an interview. I interviewed with an assistant manager, then set up a second interview with the general manager the next day. Both interviews were short and easy, straightforward questions. I was hired on the spot at the second interview.

Interview Questions

• What was your least favorite thing about your previous job?   Answer Question
    • What were your duties and responsibilities at your previous job?   Answer Question
    • Explain a stressful situation you encountered on the job and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Chandler, AZ) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call for an interview the next day. My first interview was with one of the managers. I showed up early. He asked me two questions, both about my experience in the restaurant business. He was very friendly and polite. Afterwards, he asked me if i can make it back the next day for a second interview. I said of course. Next day, I showed up for my second interview, five minutes early. I didn't get seen until 30 minutes after when the interview was scheduled. I met with a woman who I assume was the GM. She asked me one question which was "If I call your references, what would they say about you?" I'm sorry, but how about you call them and get an actual answer. Not only were YOU late in interviewing me, but this was literally the only question you asked? Anyway, she then said they were making decisions about servers in a few days to start training by Memorial Day (which is the following weekend). I called about 2 or 3 days later and asked if any decisions were made. I spoke to another gentleman who was the manager on duty. He said they had not, that they were still interviewing more people and that training wouldnt start for another 3 weeks. 3 weeks? Thats not what I was told. Overall, very disappointed. I can already tell management there has communication problems...and I haven't even worked a single day there. Luckily, I was able to scoop up another job elsewhere and removed my name from consideration, but I now can see why this location is always looking for help.

Interview Questions

• If I called your references, what would they say about you?   1 Answer

Server/Bartender Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

Apply online. You take a personality test online. If you pass that then you meet for an interview at the store you applied to. The process takes less than a week. Most server jobs have quick hire times.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

Applied online and then went in for a 1:1 interview. Was offered the job during the interview. Typical interview process. Brief interview with common questions about availability, past experience, etc. A few questions around goals. Very laid back and personable.

Food Server Interview

Interview

Went in with application and resume. Meeting with manager. Asked a few questions and waited for callback. Questions were standard server questions. Got a call back but I declined because I got another job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you got sat a 6 top and a 3 top at the same time?   Answer Question

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Short Hills, NJ).

Interview

Super easy going and stress free interview. They just want to get a feel for who you are as a person. There was 2 interviews both of which were just sitting in the restaurant and talking to a manager.

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

Great , I really enjoyed the hiring process. Manager was nice. I call3d and let them know I gad put on my app. They were in a pinch so they set up my interview when I called

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

Was consistent with most corporate restaurant interviews, including a personality test and other multiple choice questions. They asked the common questions like previous work experience, ability to handle stressful situations and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays. I was invited in for an interview about three weeks after posting an application.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer