Cheesecake Factory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cheesecake Factory Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.3

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

The interview took about 10 minutes. I highly suggest having a good resume and doing your best on the assessment. I basically had the job before I even walked in. The manager loved my positive attitude so try to be upbeat.

Server/Waiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

Online. Personality test. In-store interview with two managers and then a general manager. Dress appropriately, lot of people are rejected simply based on inappropriate attire. Open availability on your schedule is a priority and at least one year of service experience.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? Can you work weekends? How do you handle multitasking? What is your definition of teamwork?   Answer Question

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was called in for an interview a few days later. The interview was one on one and lasted only about 15 minutes. They wanted to interview me again the next week with the GM and asked similar questions as the first interview.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Albany, NY).

Interview

3 interviews, phone, shift manager, kitchen manager... very basic interview, no difficult questions. they are basically looking for sheep, people that can carry out there orders and learn there menus to a T. the interview process is certainly basic

Interview Questions

• What two words or phrases would you use to describe yourself?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

Interview process consisted of a phone interview then contacted for a "shadow" interview. I followed around GM and his staff for 4 hours. Got to meet some great people. Sat down and spoke with the GM, was asked routine questions, pretty straight forward interview. Was rejected from my scheduled final interview because they were concerned I was applying to their companies as well. I was a longevity risk. Ironically that position is open again 2 months later.

Interview Questions

• Have you applied to any other places   1 Answer

Cashier/Baker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Greensboro, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview went fairly quick. Didn't have to wait long. Basically was asked about previous experience and then told I would hear from them in a couple of days. Three days later, got the call about orientation which was 2 days after. Overall, the process was simple yet easy. I was interviewed by the assistant manager.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

After applying online, there was an assessment I completed online. Next, there was a phone interview with in house recruiter. Then I did a shift observation in the restaurant followed up with an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you think would be most difficult about working here?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Online application and lengthy assessment test. 2 part interview, I was waiting quite a while for my interview to actually begin. So I would recommend not thinking you will squeeze this in if you have something else to do fairly soon afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Name a time I went out to eat and I had a wonderful serving experience, and name a time I had a negative experience, and what are specific things that I look for in a server when I go out to eat?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trumbull, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Trumbull, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

Went on-site for face to face interview; sat down and discussed the position, the expectations, etc. Manager seemed to have already made his mind up before interview, as was demonstrated by his level of distraction in a completely empty and closed restaurant. Entire interview laated only 15 minutes. Was told I would hear back by 3pm a few days from the interview if they were interested.

Interview Questions

• What brought me to Cheesecake Factory?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable giving and receiving criticism from your peers?   1 Answer
    • Think of a time you had to deal with a difficult customer or situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Sunrise, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online after seeing a job opening on indeed and was called back by a manager about 2-3 weeks later asking if I was still looking for employment which I was. So we set up an interview for the following day. I was there for about 45 minutes just because the manager I was told would be interviewing me was in a meeting. The interview was short and sweet, no hard questions, just about previous server experience and personality questions. Then I was asked to come back for a following interview the next morning with the head manager. That interview was also short and he gave me an opportunity to ask him some questions, which I did. I asked what his favorite part about working there was as well as the training process because I heard it was a lot (he told me it was 3 weeks long). After that, he told me to sit tight for a few minutes and when he came back I was offered the job on the spot and told when to come in for orientation! Super easy overall!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about The Cheesecake Factory?   1 Answer
    • Would you say working in a restaurant is an individual or a group effort?   2 Answers