Cheesecake Factory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cheesecake Factory Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2018

2.2

Corporate Office Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

Interview process was very quick, found recruiter and HR to initially be very friendly and outgoing. Was not given an offer, was told a timeline that was not followed for a decision, but the worst was despite asking both recruiter and hiring manager for feedback on decision, was completely ignored. No return call or email.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working for an extremely demanding person. Interview overall was very easy, no overly difficult questions.   2 Answers

Steward Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Took about 2 weeks to get a brief phone interview with two of the Kitchen Managers and it went well enough to be invited to a face to face with him a few days later. The initial face to face was pretty much a get to know each other type meeting and an overview of the position I was applying for. I was asked to come back the next day to meet with the General Manager and Executive Kitchen Manager. This interview was very detailed and in depth. Covered everything from my past employment/experiences, why I wanted to join the CCF, etc...They told me they had to interview some other candidates and if I got the job I would hear back in three days or less. After hearing that, I assumed I didn't get the job but at the end of the third day, The EKM called and offered me the job. Everyone I interview with was very nice and welcoming and really promoted CCF culture and how much their staff are taken care of. Very busy and efficient operation with a strong management core.

Interview Questions

• One question that was unexpected is "Do you like to cook at home?" If you say yes, expect to tell them the dish and how you prepare it in detail. It took me by surprise since my position has nothing to do with actual cooking or prepping   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation. I was offered more than I expected and more than what I was originally was told since it was such a demanding position.

Steward Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Meet two managers and a lot of online applications . They walk you through it. Also they give you uniform which was nice. Manager was nice. I liked it

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Vernon Hills, IL) in May 2008.

Interview

The interview was a one on one style where i sat in the back room and waited until a tall, slinky man came up to me with a pad and paper. He asked me about experience, pay, and how well i work with others. He as very nice and they seemed desperate.

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Newport Beach, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

long and rigorous - several managers. They ask you a series of questions and want to make sure that you are a good fit for Cheesecake Factory. The managers were not intimidating and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember much. They asked various questions of what we would do in different scenarios to get a better feel of how we would be with customers   Answer Question

Waitress Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

My interview was no longer than 10 minutes. Told the hiring manager about myself and my past experiences. Very simple and easy interview! I was later hired, and joined the earliest training which was super fun and interactive. There is a ton to learn menu wise, but they really try to make this a fun working experience.

Interview Questions

• What kind of restaurant experience do you have?   1 Answer

Waitress Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

I applied for the advertised position online, it took a couple of weeks for them to call me, but once they did, they asked me to come in for an interview. I had two in person interviews, one was with a floor manager and the second was with the GM of the store. Both interviews were fairly laid back, mostly conversational but focusing on what customer service means to you.

Interview Questions

• Please describe the most popular dish at your previous restaurant in detail.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Sunrise, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online after seeing a job opening on indeed and was called back by a manager about 2-3 weeks later asking if I was still looking for employment which I was. So we set up an interview for the following day. I was there for about 45 minutes just because the manager I was told would be interviewing me was in a meeting. The interview was short and sweet, no hard questions, just about previous server experience and personality questions. Then I was asked to come back for a following interview the next morning with the head manager. That interview was also short and he gave me an opportunity to ask him some questions, which I did. I asked what his favorite part about working there was as well as the training process because I heard it was a lot (he told me it was 3 weeks long). After that, he told me to sit tight for a few minutes and when he came back I was offered the job on the spot and told when to come in for orientation! Super easy overall!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about The Cheesecake Factory?   1 Answer
    • Would you say working in a restaurant is an individual or a group effort?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Southlake, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Sit you down ask about experience, work time avail, look over online application, ask if you can work Sunday am, weekends, mornings.

Ask if you have a 5 year plan.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a restraunt   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Louisville, KY) in May 2013.

Interview

Dress up, bring a pen, act professional, don't mention money. I had no experience but a lot of higher-level professional jobs that showed my attitude and experience dealing with people would be solid. It helped that I knew someone who had been there a while, too. I doubt I'd have been hired without her recommendation, but once I got the interview, I did learn that personality counts for a lot. It was a one-on-one with a manager, who did the standard list of annoying interview questions, a personality questionnaire, and then a 2nd interview with the GM. They asked if I would be willing to work as a baker instead of a server. I said yes, though I didn't really mean it. I think they wanted to test me. I just told them what they wanted to hear. But, I was very honest about my availability, so that did me a lot of good when scheduling began, as I didn't have to go and beg to have my information change. I was up front about what days I could work, so they never gave me any trouble when I was not able to pick up shifts.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you would be a good leader?   1 Answer