Cheesecake Factory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.3

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Greenwood, IN).

Interview

Depending on who you interview with, it could be with the Assistant GM and if it is, you'll have to do a 2nd interview with the GM. Depending on what you apply for, its a variety of different questions.

Interview Questions

• What hours can you work   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your previous experience   1 Answer

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Miami, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online. About a week later I got a call from one of the managers. She asked me a couple questions and then asked me to meet with one of the other managers the next day. Came in and waited for him to finish interviewing the person before me. Quick interview, but very comfortable. He asked me about myself and then gave me a rundown of the position. He also asked a situational question. After that he told me he liked my personality and asked if I could come in the next day to interview with the GM. I said yes. Interview the next day was short, not even 5 min. Went over the days I am available and talked about pay. Very friendly. Told me I would get a call that day or the next. Got a call the next night telling me I got the job! They sent me an email with onboarding and then scheduled me to come in the next day for paperwork. Training starts on Monday!

Interview Questions

• If a customer was having a bad day and there was a 10 minute wait, but he was insisting he wasn't going to wait the 10 minutes and go sit down right now, how would you handle that?   Answer Question

Front of House Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

Intensive and long phone interview. They say if it's under 30 minutes you have no chance. I was an internal promotion and as such you are paid less than if hired externally. Do your best to seek the appropriate salary to ask for, it's a very important question for them for whatever reason.

Interview Questions

• Prepare examples of encouragement, training and teamwork   Answer Question

Steward/Receiver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sawgrass, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Sawgrass, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

The person doing the interview didn't have enough experience so when I told him mine he right away told me I was over qualify for the Part-Time that I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• How long have I experienced for the position?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Orland Park, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was brief, it only lasted about 5-8mins. Hiring manager was friendly and the conversation flowed well. The shortness of interview could have been due to the busy atmosphere and the other 11 candidates the manager said they were interviewing for various positions.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indio, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Indio, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview process over the phone so far went well. i got accepted for an interview the next day. Over the phone she was asking me basic questions on why they should hire me and on my availablity.

Interview Questions

• why they should hire me other than the other candidates   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

Pretty basic interview process. Initially applied online, had a phone interview that lasted about 45 minutes. Exchanged a few different details about ourselves and where we came from professionally. General overview of all responsibilities and tasks needed to be done on a day-to-day and week-to-week basis.

Bakery Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Lexington-Fayette, KY).

Interview

Meet with two managers, if that goes well then meet with GM for offer. Hostesses were friendly and offered a beverage while I waited. Very upbeat and positive. Witnessed teamwork and
    friendliness amongst staff.

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

Walk-in interviews 2-4 pm (only when they are looking to hire immediately), 3 interviews. Last interview is with the GM. They all last less than 10 minutes. Very easy and straight forward. They are mostly looking for personality and availability.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

It was a very short interview. They were very busy. At the beginning he told me that the position was filled,and he didn't want to waste my time(I had already canceled other appointments that day, and spent an hour getting there.) but if I wanted to get my foot on the door, I could start with a host position, and later get into a server training. Gave me a name to call. Couldn't reach her for two weeks. Eventually gave up.

Interview Questions

Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
Cheesecake Factory Hostess Interview Greenwood, IN What hours can you work
Cheesecake Factory Hostess Interview Greenwood, IN Tell me about your previous experience
Cheesecake Factory Host/Hostess Interview Miami, FL If a customer was having a bad day and there was a 10 minute wait, but he was insisting he wasn't going to wait the 10 minutes and go sit down right now, how would you handle that?
Cheesecake Factory Front of House Interview Prepare examples of encouragement, training and teamwork
Cheesecake Factory Steward/Receiver Interview Sawgrass, FL How long have I experienced for the position?
Cheesecake Factory Hostess Interview Orland Park, IL Where do you see yourself in the next year?
Cheesecake Factory Hostess Interview Orland Park, IL What experience do you have?
Cheesecake Factory Hostess Interview Orland Park, IL What is your availability like?
Cheesecake Factory Cashier Interview Indio, CA why they should hire me other than the other candidates
Cheesecake Factory Operations Support Technician Interview What made you choose this particular position
Cheesecake Factory Bakery Interview Lexington-Fayette, KY Availability
Cheesecake Factory Front Desk Interview What is your biggest weakness?
Cheesecake Factory Server Interview What do you like about your current job?