Cheesecake Factory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 2, 2017

2.6

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trumbull, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Trumbull, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

Went on-site for face to face interview; sat down and discussed the position, the expectations, etc. Manager seemed to have already made his mind up before interview, as was demonstrated by his level of distraction in a completely empty and closed restaurant. Entire interview laated only 15 minutes. Was told I would hear back by 3pm a few days from the interview if they were interested.

Interview Questions

• What brought me to Cheesecake Factory?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable giving and receiving criticism from your peers?   1 Answer
    • Think of a time you had to deal with a difficult customer or situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Mesa, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

I drove 45 minutes for a 5 minute interview for them to tell me they already hired someone. The manager said he was going to call me but "forgot".

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Had an interview with one of the managers which lasted 10 minutes. (This was a different manager than the one that called me to set up the interview) He asked the usual interview questions, like whats your experience and why would you be a good fit here. Also asked about my availability and when I could start. After the interview, the manager said he would contact me the next day to set up a second interview with the GM...I never heard back from him. I understand how busy it can get and that there are numerous people interviewing for different positions, but be a professional. It looks bad. If you can't follow through with a simple callback, which you promised, how am I going to look at you as a reliable manager?

Steward/Receiver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sawgrass, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Sawgrass, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

The person doing the interview didn't have enough experience so when I told him mine he right away told me I was over qualify for the Part-Time that I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• How long have I experienced for the position?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

First, I received a call over the interview, the manager was very nice, we setup for second interview in person the next day later, I came in for interview, the same manager wasn't prepared, she had me waiting 45 minutes until when had our one on one interview, then finally we had brief, very short, quick interview, she told me they were going to call me the next day, they never did and when I call back the person who answer the phone was very rude, I was very disappointed in their services

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between banquet server and restaurants server   Answer Question

Prep/Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Stamford, CT) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview lasted two days. The first they called me on the phone asking me a few questions, the second I had the interview with three different chef. The last, told me they would give me the answer within 24 hours to say yes or no. They have disappeared altogether. After a week I called to ask out the outcome of the interview, and they said "we'll call you within 24 hours to let you know!", They disappeared again! I went directly to talk to them and have again told the same lie "we will call you within 24 hours!", Disappeared, for three other times! Are you kidding me? this is the seriousness of cheesecake factory? this is the company policy? tell lies at people?I'm really disappointed, I thought was a serious company. Negative experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you?
      What you did in your last experience?
      can you work in fast and stressful environment?
      Answer Question

Part Time Busser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Columbia, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied on May 28. Then called me 2 weeks later to schedule an interview. First interview was really fast, about 2 mins. The assistant manager said come back in 2 days for another interview with the main manager. Did that too, also fast. Then the main manager said the busser manager is going to call you in 2 days about the process. Well, it's been 2 days and I didn't hear anything back. Kinda of pissed off because I am extremely qualified and didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• 1. What are your experiences?
      2. Do you want to work anywhere else besides busser since you have experience with restaurant industries?
      3. Why do you want to work at cheesecake?
      Answer Question

Restaurant Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied for the server job in berverl hills, which is really close to my house. I don't know this is standard or not, I didnt get any response from the company.

Senior Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was supposed to be a sit down followed by a shadow shift. It was 6 pm on Saturday before mothers day. It lasted about an hour just a sit down. The interview went I thought. I waited a 9 days until they called me back and said they felt obligated to hire an internal candidate. If your going to hire an internal candidate why would you waste the time of the people that interviewed for the position leading them on as if they were going to get the position. They seemed very unorganized as well. Needless to say I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• Why does it matter where you train?   1 Answer

Dishwasher Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Oakbrook Terrace, IL).

Interview

This was the most uncomfortable face-to-face interview. First I had phone screen which was brief and they asked general questions of availability and the position you applied for and then scheduled for face to face interview which they set from their preference. I came in dressed in white long buttoned shirt and black tie and black pants and black slip resistant shoes, just like similar to their dress code with hardcopy of my resume. I waited like an hour and 30 minutes for the interviewer in the front lobby which I was guessing they were busy that day I was guessing even though they scheduled this interview this time/day and I was open to other times or days too. Then comes in the kitchen manager, worst part was the face-to-face interview was right in the open at restaurant table surrounded by patrons and then he discusses about my resume and my past work experiences in wide open, in front of patrons or customers and kids and other adults were eating and staring at me with quick glances and at my responses (it felt like an interrogation rather than an interview) Man I never plan on applying here EVER AGAIN. I suggest you do the same. They will put you on the spot and be too picky for a minimum wage job. Please, I came there for a job, not a career cleaning dishes for a life or for the dishwasher of the year award.

Interview Questions

• Do you have past dishwashing experience?   1 Answer
    • Tell Me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Do you have past experiences as Dishwashing?   1 Answer
    • Can you handle extreme hot and cold items and chemicals?   1 Answer
    • Do you have Dishwashing Certifications or college degree of Dishwashing?   2 Answers