Cheesecake Factory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.3

Cashier/Baker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Greensboro, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview went fairly quick. Didn't have to wait long. Basically was asked about previous experience and then told I would hear from them in a couple of days. Three days later, got the call about orientation which was 2 days after. Overall, the process was simple yet easy. I was interviewed by the assistant manager.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

After applying online, there was an assessment I completed online. Next, there was a phone interview with in house recruiter. Then I did a shift observation in the restaurant followed up with an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you think would be most difficult about working here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Online application and lengthy assessment test. 2 part interview, I was waiting quite a while for my interview to actually begin. So I would recommend not thinking you will squeeze this in if you have something else to do fairly soon afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Name a time I went out to eat and I had a wonderful serving experience, and name a time I had a negative experience, and what are specific things that I look for in a server when I go out to eat?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trumbull, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Trumbull, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

Went on-site for face to face interview; sat down and discussed the position, the expectations, etc. Manager seemed to have already made his mind up before interview, as was demonstrated by his level of distraction in a completely empty and closed restaurant. Entire interview laated only 15 minutes. Was told I would hear back by 3pm a few days from the interview if they were interested.

Interview Questions

• What brought me to Cheesecake Factory?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable giving and receiving criticism from your peers?   1 Answer
    • Think of a time you had to deal with a difficult customer or situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Sunrise, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online after seeing a job opening on indeed and was called back by a manager about 2-3 weeks later asking if I was still looking for employment which I was. So we set up an interview for the following day. I was there for about 45 minutes just because the manager I was told would be interviewing me was in a meeting. The interview was short and sweet, no hard questions, just about previous server experience and personality questions. Then I was asked to come back for a following interview the next morning with the head manager. That interview was also short and he gave me an opportunity to ask him some questions, which I did. I asked what his favorite part about working there was as well as the training process because I heard it was a lot (he told me it was 3 weeks long). After that, he told me to sit tight for a few minutes and when he came back I was offered the job on the spot and told when to come in for orientation! Super easy overall!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about The Cheesecake Factory?   1 Answer
    • Would you say working in a restaurant is an individual or a group effort?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Mesa, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

I drove 45 minutes for a 5 minute interview for them to tell me they already hired someone. The manager said he was going to call me but "forgot".

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Greensboro, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

I walked in and asked to talk to a manger so the manger came out I told him that I had put in a applacacron so he went back and pulled it so we talked and he told me to come back the next day so I did them i talked to him and another manager they went over my application and seen that I had lots of exsperance so they offer me a job

Server Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in March 2017.

Interview

Waited a long time, but interview was easy. It was simple questions and the staff was friendly as well. Interview was fast. But I turned down the offer because I found another job.

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Miami, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online. About a week later I got a call from one of the managers. She asked me a couple questions and then asked me to meet with one of the other managers the next day. Came in and waited for him to finish interviewing the person before me. Quick interview, but very comfortable. He asked me about myself and then gave me a rundown of the position. He also asked a situational question. After that he told me he liked my personality and asked if I could come in the next day to interview with the GM. I said yes. Interview the next day was short, not even 5 min. Went over the days I am available and talked about pay. Very friendly. Told me I would get a call that day or the next. Got a call the next night telling me I got the job! They sent me an email with onboarding and then scheduled me to come in the next day for paperwork. Training starts on Monday!

Interview Questions

• If a customer was having a bad day and there was a 10 minute wait, but he was insisting he wasn't going to wait the 10 minutes and go sit down right now, how would you handle that?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Greenwood, IN).

Interview

Depending on who you interview with, it could be with the Assistant GM and if it is, you'll have to do a 2nd interview with the GM. Depending on what you apply for, its a variety of different questions.

Interview Questions

• What hours can you work   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your previous experience   1 Answer