Cheesecake Factory Kitchen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.7

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (San Jose, CA).

Interview

kinda drawn out, two phone interview, two in person interviews, one final sit down interview, the a final phone call and sit down with the regional chef to go over the location/s and meet the rest of the management team. back ground, criminal and drug testing takes the longest to get threw, mainly because they send it all off to a third party. once your threw that then the rest is fairly quick

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I submitted an application online. A recruiter called me and did a phone interview. She sent me an assessment via email. After the assessment I met with the area directors for a formal interview. Training started 2 weeks later

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can handle the attitudes and the egos of the cooks on the line?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Sarasota, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview with Recruiter. In-person interview with location GM including a working interview where you are allowed free reign to roam the restaurant and talk to employees. Final interview same day with Regional Managers.

Interview Questions

• What are your 3 best qualities and your 3 worst qualities?   1 Answer

Kitchen Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in September 2014.

Interview

Scheduled a phone interview through a recruiter. The cheesecake representative did not call at the scheduled time. Reset time with recruiter for another day, and cheesecake rep cancelled it half an hour before scheduled time and rescheduled for later that evening, then did not call that evening. Reset interview again with recruiter, and finally got interview the following week. Agent was rather rude, non-apologetic, and personality free.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Atlanta, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

Proceess took 2 weeks had a phone interview with recruiter then I had a interview with the area manager and a final interview with the area kitchen manager. It was a lot of basic management interview questions I accepted offer there was no nogotating on salary you get what they offer you.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for cheesecake   1 Answer

Kitchen Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and the recruiter called me a few days later and expressed interest in my employment. She gave me a phone interview a week later, then I was given a few tests measuring my intelligence and personality, work ethic and so on. After I passed the tests, I was given an in-person interview and a shift observation a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for their salary offer. You either take it or leave it.

Kitchen Prep Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Redondo Beach, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

A listing was made on Craigslist for Kitchen Prep positions. Through this listing, I applied on the Cheesecake Factory online website and heard back about 4 days later from the Kitchen Manager. We set up an interview for the next day at 1:30.

Coming to the location, all the workers I met were very friendly. I came early, informed the host about my interview, and the interviewer came out and acknowledged me right on time. He told me to take a seat in the bar area while he got a copy of my application, and a waitress shortly served me a glass of water, let me know my interview would start promptly, and told me to let her know if I preferred anything else than water. Wow- such a professional and friendly vibe, employees are really on top of things here.

Within five minutes, the interviewer came to my table to interview me, accompanied with another person. Neither of these men were the kitchen manager that called me in, but the interviewer was actually the head chef and the man accompanying him was the trainer that was just shadowing the interview so he would where he needed to train me.

It was a relatively short interview, about ten or fifteen minutes, that consisted mostly of simple questions related to previous restaurant experience. The interviewer also was very concerned on the ability to handle fast-paced, high-volume work at all times.

After the interview, the men went to go consult with the Kitchen Manager to make a decision regarding if they will make the next step in the process, which would have been an interview with the Kitchen Manager. The first interviewer returned in about five minutes and let me know that they were very interested in my experience in a bakery, but could not offer me the Kitchen Prep position they were looking to fill because the experience did not relate enough. The interviewer did let me know that if any positions in the bakery or positions that were more applicable to my experience opened up, they would give me a call.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite item you made? And can you please explain how you made it?   1 Answer

Kitchen Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

Make sure you research about the company. Doing your homework pays off. Be honest they know a lot about you from the online assessment you take before the interview. You must have a passion for great food and be willing to develop your people to level of expertise. It took about 2 hour for the interview. A small tour of the restaurant and a lunch food tasting of many dishes.

Interview Questions

• They ask me why I chose this company and what I knew about their culture.   Answer Question

Executive Kitchen Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Dallas, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

One phone interview, almost immediately after sending in resume. Followed by a in person interview with an area director within 1 week. Final Phone interview with Corporate kitchen Manager. Job offer within two weeks of initial interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep people motivated through busy stressful times.? What incentives are given to keep morale high   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy, Offer was in line with expectation.

Kitchen Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in January 2012.

Interview

Too much confusion on who I was to speak with next, who was calling who when, etc. Took over 2 months for the whole process

Negotiation

They dont do counteroffers or negotiate. They have strict guidelines of salary ranges. You take it or leave it.