Cheesecake Factory Line Cook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 1, 2017

2.1

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Tacoma, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

I Applied applied online at the cheese cake factory , then a manager called me to conduct an interview at the interview I was offered a job and given an orientation date and time.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

The interview process took one day. I applied online and heard back a few hours later. It was a grand opening of a new cheesecake factory so an office was set up just for interviews with a lot of people.The ekm and assistant ekm both interviewed me for around 30 minutes. They asked a lot of questions, but nothing particularly hard.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite thing to cook and what is the process   1 Answer

Negotiation

Have an idea of what you would like to get paid before negotiating, it makes it less awkward to be prepared

Prep/Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Stamford, CT) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview lasted two days. The first they called me on the phone asking me a few questions, the second I had the interview with three different chef. The last, told me they would give me the answer within 24 hours to say yes or no. They have disappeared altogether. After a week I called to ask out the outcome of the interview, and they said "we'll call you within 24 hours to let you know!", They disappeared again! I went directly to talk to them and have again told the same lie "we will call you within 24 hours!", Disappeared, for three other times! Are you kidding me? this is the seriousness of cheesecake factory? this is the company policy? tell lies at people?I'm really disappointed, I thought was a serious company. Negative experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you?
      What you did in your last experience?
      can you work in fast and stressful environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Fill out a survey and if you pass do an interview with a manager then with the gm. The interview was easy, in depth and to the point. I have interviewed before but these people really mnow what they are talking about when it comes to getting what they want out of you.

Interview Questions

• How have you impacted a guest personally   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

1. Apply online, and complete online assessment tests
    2. If qualified/match, they will call in for a brief phone interview, asks something along the lines of:
         "What do you know about the CCF?"
         " Tell me about yourself"
         "What did you do at XY Job, and in your XY position?"
         "Why do you want to work at CCF?"
         "We have XX positions, where do you see yourself as?"
         Then, "We will review your profile, and if we are interested, we will contact you in 24 hours. If you
         don't hear back then, you are welcome to apply to another position online," or something like that

3. If you hear back, Schedule in for an in-person interview. They ask basically the same questions. (For front of the house or server position, it sounded slightly different (they asked what accomplishment or awards have they received, or what they would do in an XY situation, etc)). They will tell you a little about the position, or you can ask questions. Your rate would be offered, and you can choose to accept the position there if you agree. They may take a photo of you after for a team building thing. Then, complete paperwork there (takes about an hour), or schedule in for another day to do so.

4. Paperwork day. Give yourself 1-1 1/2 hours just in case you come in at a busy time. You will complete an electronic I-9 Form on a computer, and the rest by hand. Know your current schedule, so that you can be ready to sign up for orientation and training days. These are set for all am or pm times, so if you are working, keep that in mind.

To make it easier, know what info you need to fill out your W4 form, and bring in your social security card, driver's license, a voided check, and ServSafe certification.

Also with your paperwork you will have an option to purchase non-slip work shoes that they have a corporate discount on if you do not own any. (so know your shoe size if its different for clogs, etc, if that's applicable). They will also deduct your uniform cost from your first and second paycheck.

5. Next steps are orientation, training, then your regular schedule. Good luck.

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Franklin, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

Straight forward, asked what skills, how long and so on. Only bad thing was I was asked to come in on a day the kitchen manager wasn't there (aka Saturday morning). Had to reschedule and wait even longer to being employment. The HR and 3 managers I talked to, were very pleasant and inviting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple, GM had a figure, take or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (The Woodlands, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

E km and AEKM give you separate interviews then together a bunch of basic textbook interview questions. Sometimes it is a two day or one day interview process. They don't test you're knowledge or even ask our require it.
    It can be intimating because you are place at a table in the center of the store for your interview. If management is busy you will wait so long

Interview Questions

• How many times in the past year have you called out   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for same rays of pay as current job they low balled and offered .50 less

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Application

I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Frisco, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

They hire anyone with little or no experience ,the company can't get enough employees to work in the kitchen because of everify. I just showed up and got hired.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work weekends.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Orland Park, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

I had an interview, got called back by the EKM, and he asked me to come in and fill out paper work and that following Sunday I had orientation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (San Antonio, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

I first filled out a super long online questionnaire, application, and then received a telephone call about a month later. I was called to the store and then interviewed by three different people which included a front of house manager, the general manager and finally a kitchen manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What experience do you have in a kitchen?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had asked for more money but was told that I would get nine dollars to start and would then get a raise for every new station I learned. It seemed fair at the time. Everyone who I spoke with was extremely nice. After I was hired, along with a group of others, we had a sit down lunch with the general manager where we were introduced to a sampling of the food offered and were able to ask questions.