Cheesecake Factory Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018

2.3

181 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Food Server Interview

Interview

Went in with application and resume. Meeting with manager. Asked a few questions and waited for callback. Questions were standard server questions. Got a call back but I declined because I got another job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you got sat a 6 top and a 3 top at the same time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

Was consistent with most corporate restaurant interviews, including a personality test and other multiple choice questions. They asked the common questions like previous work experience, ability to handle stressful situations and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays. I was invited in for an interview about three weeks after posting an application.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

Apply online only. Originally was automatically rejected due to lack of serving experience. went in for an interview at a later time when they were hiring more people. It was a one on one interview with a manager.

Interview Questions

• How do you see this as an individual and team position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Fort Worth, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was fairly quick, much quicker than in expected. I arrived early and I had my interview and was out by my initial interview time. The manager was a very nice gentleman and still very professional.

Interview Questions

• What do I expect from a manager?   1 Answer

Server/Waiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

Online. Personality test. In-store interview with two managers and then a general manager. Dress appropriately, lot of people are rejected simply based on inappropriate attire. Open availability on your schedule is a priority and at least one year of service experience.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? Can you work weekends? How do you handle multitasking? What is your definition of teamwork?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Online application and lengthy assessment test. 2 part interview, I was waiting quite a while for my interview to actually begin. So I would recommend not thinking you will squeeze this in if you have something else to do fairly soon afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Name a time I went out to eat and I had a wonderful serving experience, and name a time I had a negative experience, and what are specific things that I look for in a server when I go out to eat?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Sunrise, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online after seeing a job opening on indeed and was called back by a manager about 2-3 weeks later asking if I was still looking for employment which I was. So we set up an interview for the following day. I was there for about 45 minutes just because the manager I was told would be interviewing me was in a meeting. The interview was short and sweet, no hard questions, just about previous server experience and personality questions. Then I was asked to come back for a following interview the next morning with the head manager. That interview was also short and he gave me an opportunity to ask him some questions, which I did. I asked what his favorite part about working there was as well as the training process because I heard it was a lot (he told me it was 3 weeks long). After that, he told me to sit tight for a few minutes and when he came back I was offered the job on the spot and told when to come in for orientation! Super easy overall!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about The Cheesecake Factory?   1 Answer
    • Would you say working in a restaurant is an individual or a group effort?   2 Answers

Server Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in March 2017.

Interview

Waited a long time, but interview was easy. It was simple questions and the staff was friendly as well. Interview was fast. But I turned down the offer because I found another job.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in March 2017.

Interview

it was fine. lots of steps to go through from phone to in person to training. Long process. But I guess that is everywhere nowadays. IT just takes awhile to complete the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Had an interview with one of the managers which lasted 10 minutes. (This was a different manager than the one that called me to set up the interview) He asked the usual interview questions, like whats your experience and why would you be a good fit here. Also asked about my availability and when I could start. After the interview, the manager said he would contact me the next day to set up a second interview with the GM...I never heard back from him. I understand how busy it can get and that there are numerous people interviewing for different positions, but be a professional. It looks bad. If you can't follow through with a simple callback, which you promised, how am I going to look at you as a reliable manager?