Cheesecake Factory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cheesecake Factory Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.3

Server Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in March 2017.

Interview

Waited a long time, but interview was easy. It was simple questions and the staff was friendly as well. Interview was fast. But I turned down the offer because I found another job.

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Riverside, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online which is a series of basic and repetitive questions and within 24 hours I received an email asking me to set up an in-person interview at my earliest convenience.

Interview Questions

• What kind of management style works for you?   1 Answer

Server/Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Milwaukee, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview went fairly quick. Didn't have to wait long. Basically was asked about previous experience and then told I would hear from them in a couple of days. Overall, the process was simple yet easy. I was interviewed by the manager.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Louisville, KY) in May 2013.

Interview

Dress up, bring a pen, act professional, don't mention money. I had no experience but a lot of higher-level professional jobs that showed my attitude and experience dealing with people would be solid. It helped that I knew someone who had been there a while, too. I doubt I'd have been hired without her recommendation, but once I got the interview, I did learn that personality counts for a lot. It was a one-on-one with a manager, who did the standard list of annoying interview questions, a personality questionnaire, and then a 2nd interview with the GM. They asked if I would be willing to work as a baker instead of a server. I said yes, though I didn't really mean it. I think they wanted to test me. I just told them what they wanted to hear. But, I was very honest about my availability, so that did me a lot of good when scheduling began, as I didn't have to go and beg to have my information change. I was up front about what days I could work, so they never gave me any trouble when I was not able to pick up shifts.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you would be a good leader?   1 Answer

Baker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Huntington Beach, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

First start by applying online. Within a month or so, a manager will contact you to schedule an interview. Afterwards you meet with the said manager, then if you pass, have another interview with the general manager. You are then hired or not, depending if they call you back within a few days.

Interview Questions

• Why cheesecake factory, what are some of your hobbies, how do you feel about working in a fast paced environmentetc...   Answer Question

Cashier/Baker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Greensboro, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview went fairly quick. Didn't have to wait long. Basically was asked about previous experience and then told I would hear from them in a couple of days. Three days later, got the call about orientation which was 2 days after. Overall, the process was simple yet easy. I was interviewed by the assistant manager.

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Sunrise, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online after seeing a job opening on indeed and was called back by a manager about 2-3 weeks later asking if I was still looking for employment which I was. So we set up an interview for the following day. I was there for about 45 minutes just because the manager I was told would be interviewing me was in a meeting. The interview was short and sweet, no hard questions, just about previous server experience and personality questions. Then I was asked to come back for a following interview the next morning with the head manager. That interview was also short and he gave me an opportunity to ask him some questions, which I did. I asked what his favorite part about working there was as well as the training process because I heard it was a lot (he told me it was 3 weeks long). After that, he told me to sit tight for a few minutes and when he came back I was offered the job on the spot and told when to come in for orientation! Super easy overall!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about The Cheesecake Factory?   1 Answer
    • Would you say working in a restaurant is an individual or a group effort?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Southlake, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Sit you down ask about experience, work time avail, look over online application, ask if you can work Sunday am, weekends, mornings.

Ask if you have a 5 year plan.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a restraunt   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trumbull, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Trumbull, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

Went on-site for face to face interview; sat down and discussed the position, the expectations, etc. Manager seemed to have already made his mind up before interview, as was demonstrated by his level of distraction in a completely empty and closed restaurant. Entire interview laated only 15 minutes. Was told I would hear back by 3pm a few days from the interview if they were interested.

Interview Questions

• What brought me to Cheesecake Factory?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable giving and receiving criticism from your peers?   1 Answer
    • Think of a time you had to deal with a difficult customer or situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Tacoma, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

I Applied applied online at the cheese cake factory , then a manager called me to conduct an interview at the interview I was offered a job and given an orientation date and time.