Cheesecake Factory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.3

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indio, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Indio, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview process over the phone so far went well. i got accepted for an interview the next day. Over the phone she was asking me basic questions on why they should hire me and on my availablity.

Interview Questions

• why they should hire me other than the other candidates   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

Pretty basic interview process. Initially applied online, had a phone interview that lasted about 45 minutes. Exchanged a few different details about ourselves and where we came from professionally. General overview of all responsibilities and tasks needed to be done on a day-to-day and week-to-week basis.

Bakery Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Lexington-Fayette, KY).

Interview

Meet with two managers, if that goes well then meet with GM for offer. Hostesses were friendly and offered a beverage while I waited. Very upbeat and positive. Witnessed teamwork and
    friendliness amongst staff.

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

Walk-in interviews 2-4 pm (only when they are looking to hire immediately), 3 interviews. Last interview is with the GM. They all last less than 10 minutes. Very easy and straight forward. They are mostly looking for personality and availability.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

It was a very short interview. They were very busy. At the beginning he told me that the position was filled,and he didn't want to waste my time(I had already canceled other appointments that day, and spent an hour getting there.) but if I wanted to get my foot on the door, I could start with a host position, and later get into a server training. Gave me a name to call. Couldn't reach her for two weeks. Eventually gave up.

Baker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmhurst, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Elmhurst, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Called the manager to check on application status, was told to come in that day for an interview. Manager detailed what the job entails, asked if I was interested. Asked for full-time availability.

Kitchen Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (San Jose, CA).

Interview

kinda drawn out, two phone interview, two in person interviews, one final sit down interview, the a final phone call and sit down with the regional chef to go over the location/s and meet the rest of the management team. back ground, criminal and drug testing takes the longest to get threw, mainly because they send it all off to a third party. once your threw that then the rest is fairly quick

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

I applied online & about a week later I got a call from the manager. We had a brief phone interview & she asked if I could come in later that day. I got there & immediately she came out, greeted me, and we sat so the real interview could begin. She asked basic questions and told me about what to expect being a host there. She made the experience very comfortable & laid back. I was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What do you like to do? What are your hobbies?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your experience in retail. What didn't you like about it?   Answer Question
    • Are you available weekends and holidays?   Answer Question

Negotiation

If I could give any advice, it would be definitely smile & show that you'd be a great addition to the team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

First, I received a call over the interview, the manager was very nice, we setup for second interview in person the next day later, I came in for interview, the same manager wasn't prepared, she had me waiting 45 minutes until when had our one on one interview, then finally we had brief, very short, quick interview, she told me they were going to call me the next day, they never did and when I call back the person who answer the phone was very rude, I was very disappointed in their services

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between banquet server and restaurants server   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Boca Raton, FL).

Interview

Short, but you had to wait a while. As I waited, everyone was really nice. The GM in the Boca location is very focused on the guest experience. He was nice. He was very understanding. He asked a lot questions about, and my personal life. Talked me about the 2 weeks of training. He set the exception, and helped me understand what I was suppose to expect in the near future.