Cheesecake Factory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 16, 2017

2.3

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Braintree, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Braintree, MA).

Interview

Their interview process was in depth. They ask alot of personal questions, to get to know your personality. They spent alot of time getting to know about me, which I think is great. They only want the best to represent their company. People who are driven and passionate about serving the public. Overall, this is one of the best companies I've worked for. The training is Intense but it prepares you for their past pace restaurant

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a irate customer   1 Answer

Prep Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Anaheim, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

They called me to schedule a phone interview. During the phone interview, the kitchen manager asked a few questions. He than scheduled an in-person interview with me. Asked me a few more questions about myself and then offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Money wasn't an issue. They gave me what I initially applied for.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Dayton, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

I went in for the first interview, was very brief maybe 15 minutes. I then went in a few days later for another interview with another manager who asked me the same questions as the first interview.

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elmhurst, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Elmhurst, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview then a follow up interview in person. Applied to a restaurant before it was finished being renovated. Had to go to another interview center. I did lose contact with the person in charge of my appointment but was able to reach them through email.

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (New York, NY).

Interview

Apply online, you will receive a call if chosen. Management will speak to you over the phone for initial questions, then will schedule a date to come to restaurant for full interview. Upon arrival, the hiring manager will ask you basic questions. The normal time for an interview is around 20-30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you worked under pressure. How did you perform?   1 Answer
    • Have you worked in a restaurant setting before? What did you like/dislike?   Answer Question
    • Are you familiar with the type of shoe you must wear if chosen for this position (or any restaurant position)?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for The Cheesecake Factory? How will it benefit you?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

Applied online, did two questionaires. One personality and one timed education test, with math and IQ test type questions. About 2 days later I got a call and the manager asked me a couple questions on the phone, then invited me in the next day for an in person interview. I went in for the interview and the same manager interviewed me, he liked me so he had me wait a min so that I could interview with the GM. He asked me a few questions also, then said he wanted to hire me. Told me about the training and orientation. I was then sent 2 emails that night stating my job offer, pay, ect and another one with a link to do my hire packet.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

I applied online, did a quick phone interview. Came in for a in person interview. Then was offered the position. Then had to do an orientation , server class( 5 days class room) and then on the floor training.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you " failed" or could have done better, what happened. And how did you over come it.   Answer Question

Dessert Finisher/Espresso Maker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2016.

Interview

One of the managers called me to ask if I was interested in doing an in-person interview. I then came to the restaurant the next day to interview with the other manager. It was quick and easy and seemed like they wanted to make sure my personality was a fit. I also really liked that they asked if I would be able to do a part-time job in addition to my full-time day job. It made me feel like they are really looking out for their employees.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for with the Cheesecake Factory?   Answer Question

Part Time Busser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Columbia, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied on May 28. Then called me 2 weeks later to schedule an interview. First interview was really fast, about 2 mins. The assistant manager said come back in 2 days for another interview with the main manager. Did that too, also fast. Then the main manager said the busser manager is going to call you in 2 days about the process. Well, it's been 2 days and I didn't hear anything back. Kinda of pissed off because I am extremely qualified and didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• 1. What are your experiences?
      2. Do you want to work anywhere else besides busser since you have experience with restaurant industries?
      3. Why do you want to work at cheesecake?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peabody, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Peabody, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Two in-store interviews and was hired a month later. don't know why it took them so long to get me started. Was a little unorganized to be honest.