Cheesecake Factory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.3

Restaurant Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied for the server job in berverl hills, which is really close to my house. I don't know this is standard or not, I didnt get any response from the company.

Senior Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was supposed to be a sit down followed by a shadow shift. It was 6 pm on Saturday before mothers day. It lasted about an hour just a sit down. The interview went I thought. I waited a 9 days until they called me back and said they felt obligated to hire an internal candidate. If your going to hire an internal candidate why would you waste the time of the people that interviewed for the position leading them on as if they were going to get the position. They seemed very unorganized as well. Needless to say I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• Why does it matter where you train?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Riverside, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online which is a series of basic and repetitive questions and within 24 hours I received an email asking me to set up an in-person interview at my earliest convenience.

Interview Questions

• What kind of management style works for you?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call to come in for an interview a couple days later. The Interview itself only took about 20minutes and the manager was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• What separates a good hostess from a great hostess?   1 Answer

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Memphis, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

Got a call back one week after applying on their company website. Told to come in the next day and was interviewed with how my past experience help me to become a better server. Overall everything went smooth, all you need to do is have a positive attitude and smile a lot.

Interview Questions

• How would you usually great a guest, even when you are having a bad day   1 Answer

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

One call from recruiter, then an in person interview with Area Director. Spent 1 day (4 hours) doing a shift follow so they could observe me and I could see up close how the operation works.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to resolve an employee issue?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Tampa, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Easy interview. First met with one of the managers who asked very general questions, next that same day met with the GM who asked some of the same general questions. Very standard interview.

Interview Questions

• What does hospitality mean to you?   1 Answer

Dishwasher Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Oakbrook Terrace, IL).

Interview

This was the most uncomfortable face-to-face interview. First I had phone screen which was brief and they asked general questions of availability and the position you applied for and then scheduled for face to face interview which they set from their preference. I came in dressed in white long buttoned shirt and black tie and black pants and black slip resistant shoes, just like similar to their dress code with hardcopy of my resume. I waited like an hour and 30 minutes for the interviewer in the front lobby which I was guessing they were busy that day I was guessing even though they scheduled this interview this time/day and I was open to other times or days too. Then comes in the kitchen manager, worst part was the face-to-face interview was right in the open at restaurant table surrounded by patrons and then he discusses about my resume and my past work experiences in wide open, in front of patrons or customers and kids and other adults were eating and staring at me with quick glances and at my responses (it felt like an interrogation rather than an interview) Man I never plan on applying here EVER AGAIN. I suggest you do the same. They will put you on the spot and be too picky for a minimum wage job. Please, I came there for a job, not a career cleaning dishes for a life or for the dishwasher of the year award.

Interview Questions

• Do you have past dishwashing experience?   1 Answer
    • Tell Me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Do you have past experiences as Dishwashing?   1 Answer
    • Can you handle extreme hot and cold items and chemicals?   1 Answer
    • Do you have Dishwashing Certifications or college degree of Dishwashing?   2 Answers

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Found a job opening on their website, applied was contacted by HR representative, had a phone interview, was contacted two days after for an interview in person. Simple questions about past experience, availability etc.

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Providence, RI) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online, then brought in a copy of my resume the next day. I was called the same day and given a short phone interview. They asked simple things like my availability, why i was leaving my other job, etc. Then we scheduled an interview. Usually, applicants are required to do 2 interviews, one with a manager and another with the GM. For me, I only had 1 interview. I was hired on the spot