Cheesecake Factory Line Cook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 28, 2017

2.1

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Albany, NY).

Interview

3 interviews, phone, shift manager, kitchen manager... very basic interview, no difficult questions. they are basically looking for sheep, people that can carry out there orders and learn there menus to a T. the interview process is certainly basic

Interview Questions

• What two words or phrases would you use to describe yourself?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cheesecake Factory

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Tacoma, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

I Applied applied online at the cheese cake factory , then a manager called me to conduct an interview at the interview I was offered a job and given an orientation date and time.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

The interview process took one day. I applied online and heard back a few hours later. It was a grand opening of a new cheesecake factory so an office was set up just for interviews with a lot of people.The ekm and assistant ekm both interviewed me for around 30 minutes. They asked a lot of questions, but nothing particularly hard.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite thing to cook and what is the process   1 Answer

Negotiation

Have an idea of what you would like to get paid before negotiating, it makes it less awkward to be prepared

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Short, rushed, not by anyone I had ahreed to talk to, hired me for a different job than agreed. Interviewed by 3 different people. Mixed interests. I didn't know who was asking what questions. I applied for line cook, kept offering dishwasher, kinda a rude interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Fill out a survey and if you pass do an interview with a manager then with the gm. The interview was easy, in depth and to the point. I have interviewed before but these people really mnow what they are talking about when it comes to getting what they want out of you.

Interview Questions

• How have you impacted a guest personally   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

1. Apply online, and complete online assessment tests
    2. If qualified/match, they will call in for a brief phone interview, asks something along the lines of:
         "What do you know about the CCF?"
         " Tell me about yourself"
         "What did you do at XY Job, and in your XY position?"
         "Why do you want to work at CCF?"
         "We have XX positions, where do you see yourself as?"
         Then, "We will review your profile, and if we are interested, we will contact you in 24 hours. If you
         don't hear back then, you are welcome to apply to another position online," or something like that

3. If you hear back, Schedule in for an in-person interview. They ask basically the same questions. (For front of the house or server position, it sounded slightly different (they asked what accomplishment or awards have they received, or what they would do in an XY situation, etc)). They will tell you a little about the position, or you can ask questions. Your rate would be offered, and you can choose to accept the position there if you agree. They may take a photo of you after for a team building thing. Then, complete paperwork there (takes about an hour), or schedule in for another day to do so.

4. Paperwork day. Give yourself 1-1 1/2 hours just in case you come in at a busy time. You will complete an electronic I-9 Form on a computer, and the rest by hand. Know your current schedule, so that you can be ready to sign up for orientation and training days. These are set for all am or pm times, so if you are working, keep that in mind.

To make it easier, know what info you need to fill out your W4 form, and bring in your social security card, driver's license, a voided check, and ServSafe certification.

Also with your paperwork you will have an option to purchase non-slip work shoes that they have a corporate discount on if you do not own any. (so know your shoe size if its different for clogs, etc, if that's applicable). They will also deduct your uniform cost from your first and second paycheck.

5. Next steps are orientation, training, then your regular schedule. Good luck.

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Franklin, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

Straight forward, asked what skills, how long and so on. Only bad thing was I was asked to come in on a day the kitchen manager wasn't there (aka Saturday morning). Had to reschedule and wait even longer to being employment. The HR and 3 managers I talked to, were very pleasant and inviting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple, GM had a figure, take or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (The Woodlands, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

E km and AEKM give you separate interviews then together a bunch of basic textbook interview questions. Sometimes it is a two day or one day interview process. They don't test you're knowledge or even ask our require it.
    It can be intimating because you are place at a table in the center of the store for your interview. If management is busy you will wait so long

Interview Questions

• How many times in the past year have you called out   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for same rays of pay as current job they low balled and offered .50 less

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Application

I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Frisco, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

They hire anyone with little or no experience ,the company can't get enough employees to work in the kitchen because of everify. I just showed up and got hired.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work weekends.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Orland Park, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

I had an interview, got called back by the EKM, and he asked me to come in and fill out paper work and that following Sunday I had orientation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer