Cheesecake Factory Restaurant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cheesecake Factory Restaurant Manager Interview Questions

3.1

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Mission Viejo, CA).

Interview

Very detailed, asked a lot of real life examples. Be prepared to give real life experience in any and all. Great company but no BS will land you the job. Real life experience will take you a long way. Multiple interview process from phone interview to in-person. Be ready to give references to better heli your application process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Cut and dry, not to much wiggle room.

Other Interview Reviews for Cheesecake Factory

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

One call from recruiter, then an in person interview with Area Director. Spent 1 day (4 hours) doing a shift follow so they could observe me and I could see up close how the operation works.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to resolve an employee issue?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Boise, ID) in April 2015.

Interview

Being an internal promote, the process still requires filling out a lengthy online application and test. From their because I was already known by the company it was in the hands of my Regional Manager to accept the promotion

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Three phone interviews total and one in person interview. The recruiter conducted two phone interviews and then set me up with the Area Director of Operations for a lengthy interview and a side by side day at the restaurant.

Interview Questions

• They pry into what your about and what your made of. They want to see if you have Cheesecake Factory DNA inside of you and look for personnel that are experienced.   1 Answer

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in September 2013.

Interview

Online screening test that will screen you out if, ie, you have less than 5 years full service experience. Online personality assessment and half business related question assessment (math problems, logic problems). Recruiter interview that wants to ensure you are applying for the "right" reasons (not money). Recruiter will triple check all answers you gave in the screen interview. In person interview with a GM with a 4-5 hour follow of a floor manager - you will seat guests, interact with staff, etc. Be hands on and ask lots of questions. The GM assumes you are qualified if you have made it this far, they are really just gauging your professionalism and personality. Then an interview with an area director. This is where hard questions come in - all your P&L experience, financial knowledge, HR questions, what if scenarios and "what would your staff say about you." If the area director likes you, then a recruiter will contact you and start salary negotiations.

Interview Questions

• No questions were difficult. Just be consistent in your answers and reasonings.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will hardball you on salary- stick to it, they will eventually give you what you ask for. It may take longer though.

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Naples, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview was initially a phone interview after filling out a long online application. There was a 2 hour test to be completed as well. After the phone interview you meet the area director in the closest restaurant and eat. You will be asked what you think about the food. Then your will have and hour where you talk to the staff and explore the restaurant. How you behave and your enthusiasm, knowledge and professionalism will get you the job or the boot.

Interview Questions

• They ask about you, your history, and the food.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask for what you think is fair.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in May 2013.

Interview

Start with an online assessment that can take an hour to hour and a half. A recruiter will call you with a phone interview lasting 30 min. The next step would be an interview with the Area Director. This is followed by a restaurant visit where you would get to see a day in the life for a few hours and speak with managers currently in their positions.

Interview Questions

• All about experience and situational questions just to get a feel for you. Where is your favorite place to eat?   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

There is a longish online assessment. The in-person interview was in a restaurant. We walked around the restaurant, met with other managers and staff, and observed the shift. Then there was a food tasting, where we discussed the scratch kitchen. Everything is made in house, so it was a very eye-opening experience.

Interview Questions

• Fairly standard interview questions. The food tasting was an interesting experience- make sure you know a bit about the culinary world, even if you are applying for a front of the house position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2013.

Interview

Starts with online application online followed by a test that lasts about 2 hours. Have a calculator and be ready to be put to the test. If interested they will call and do short interview followed by a longer phone interview which can last a few hours. Next you will visit the restaurant for a shif follow. Engage with the staff and ask questions. Show positive energy and a passion for food. Next will come the interview with the regional manager, express interest in food foremost and tell about cooking experience and ambition to grow with the company. After that your background check will take a few weeks. They will call you to tell you if you got the job and accept an offer they extend.

Interview Questions

• Regional manager will ask why should he hire you. Be ready for this one have answers written down.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I told them on the first interview what I needed to make. Don't go over 50K here. You will not get insurance paid for.