Cheesecake Factory Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

2.6

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Baker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

It was actually really fast - I was called about 2 days after applying. It began with a phone interview where they asked me a few preliminary questions (last about 5-6 minutes maybe) and afterwards I was granted an in-person interview. That lasted a while, maybe an hour. I was then told I would get a second interview with the general manager of the restaurant. I think my first interview was with a regular manager. The second interview was faster, I think he is just a busy guy, so it was maybe 30 minutes. We went over my availability, past experiences, how I would handle being in a busy and hectic environment. He told me then that I was hired and would hear from them about orientation!

Interview Questions

• What is an instance in your past work that was difficult or there was a disagreement. How did you handle it?   1 Answer

Front Desk Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (San Diego, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Got a call from front desk manager, came in for an interview, then set up for a second interview with the gm, gm didn't seem to like me said he would call me in 12-24 hrs since he was still "reviewing applications"

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, what was a time you went above and beyond for a customer, how important are rules. you also ask them questions.   Answer Question

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Escondido, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I was recommended by a friend, and called in one or two days after applying to the restaurant which at the time was still being built. Two interviews, the first was good and the second was terrible. These were my first interviews ever. The first guy was cool, and that interview went pretty well. He asked me why I wanted to work there, if I could handle a 10 hour shift, also about a time when I overcame a tough moment. He said he would call my references and call me back. I got called back by another manager the next day and went in for a second interview. He asked me why I wanted to work there. Then he asked me how I get pumped up, and followed that with "I need someone who..." ...( he couldn't find the word) then I said "is passionate". He told me he couldn't see me doing that. It was the way I talked that made him think that. Then he asked me how I would handle 4 or 5 people telling me what to do at the same time (stress), I told him that it did not affect me because the past few semesters I had taken more units than before and I had done really good. He ended the interview 5 seconds after that. He said he would hold on to my application and call me if anything came up because they are always hiring. I did not like the second interview because the guy was just making assumptions about me and how I would perform on the job. He thought I couldn't be passionate about what I do just because I did not show it in my voice. I regret not asking him how he did it because he was talking with zero passion during the entire interview, not only that, I felt like he was talking down to me. He also assumed that I could not make it because I had not had a job yet.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle four or five people telling you what to do at the same time?   Answer Question

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (San Diego, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

There were three interviews in one day. One with the assistant manager, one with service manager and one with general manager. The interviews were approximately 15 to 20 minutes long. The general manager took the longest. There may have been a personality test I had to take but I do not remember.

Interview Questions

• What do you think motivates employees?   1 Answer

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (San Diego, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

first you apply online. then you get a call to come in for an interview. Was a new store opening. kind of like a cattle call, tons of people applying in a big room. Lots of paperwork going on. So you meet with a section manager have a interview. they either ask you to wait or say they call you back, if you get wait that means you meat the GM for a final once over interview. they say they'll call you back. if you're hired they'll call you in a few days.

Hostess/Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (San Diego, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Simple basic interview with a manager and then he got his GM.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the cheesecake factory?   Answer Question
    • Why is your experience relevant to the position you are applying for?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Chula Vista, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Online application, followed by interviews with work group manager and then GM. Then a phone interview for about 15minutes that is simply a questionar, if you fail this you will not be hired.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself if five years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none.