Cheesecake Factory Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 3, 2017

2.3

122 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Online application and lengthy assessment test. 2 part interview, I was waiting quite a while for my interview to actually begin. So I would recommend not thinking you will squeeze this in if you have something else to do fairly soon afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Name a time I went out to eat and I had a wonderful serving experience, and name a time I had a negative experience, and what are specific things that I look for in a server when I go out to eat?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cheesecake Factory

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Sunrise, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online after seeing a job opening on indeed and was called back by a manager about 2-3 weeks later asking if I was still looking for employment which I was. So we set up an interview for the following day. I was there for about 45 minutes just because the manager I was told would be interviewing me was in a meeting. The interview was short and sweet, no hard questions, just about previous server experience and personality questions. Then I was asked to come back for a following interview the next morning with the head manager. That interview was also short and he gave me an opportunity to ask him some questions, which I did. I asked what his favorite part about working there was as well as the training process because I heard it was a lot (he told me it was 3 weeks long). After that, he told me to sit tight for a few minutes and when he came back I was offered the job on the spot and told when to come in for orientation! Super easy overall!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about The Cheesecake Factory?   1 Answer
    • Would you say working in a restaurant is an individual or a group effort?   2 Answers

Server Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in March 2017.

Interview

Waited a long time, but interview was easy. It was simple questions and the staff was friendly as well. Interview was fast. But I turned down the offer because I found another job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Had an interview with one of the managers which lasted 10 minutes. (This was a different manager than the one that called me to set up the interview) He asked the usual interview questions, like whats your experience and why would you be a good fit here. Also asked about my availability and when I could start. After the interview, the manager said he would contact me the next day to set up a second interview with the GM...I never heard back from him. I understand how busy it can get and that there are numerous people interviewing for different positions, but be a professional. It looks bad. If you can't follow through with a simple callback, which you promised, how am I going to look at you as a reliable manager?

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

It was a very short interview. They were very busy. At the beginning he told me that the position was filled,and he didn't want to waste my time(I had already canceled other appointments that day, and spent an hour getting there.) but if I wanted to get my foot on the door, I could start with a host position, and later get into a server training. Gave me a name to call. Couldn't reach her for two weeks. Eventually gave up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

First, I received a call over the interview, the manager was very nice, we setup for second interview in person the next day later, I came in for interview, the same manager wasn't prepared, she had me waiting 45 minutes until when had our one on one interview, then finally we had brief, very short, quick interview, she told me they were going to call me the next day, they never did and when I call back the person who answer the phone was very rude, I was very disappointed in their services

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between banquet server and restaurants server   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Boca Raton, FL).

Interview

Short, but you had to wait a while. As I waited, everyone was really nice. The GM in the Boca location is very focused on the guest experience. He was nice. He was very understanding. He asked a lot questions about, and my personal life. Talked me about the 2 weeks of training. He set the exception, and helped me understand what I was suppose to expect in the near future.

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

It is a very easy interview process, they will basically hire anyone. The cheesecake factory used to be a hard place to get a job but not anymore. Service has gone down a lot because of how easy it is to get in. The interview is about 30 minutes and it is just one interview.

Interview Questions

• how did you hear about us? why do you think you should get this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied using an online job posting, took an assessment. I didn't expect they would call me since my resume is in the other field of industry. 2 days after they gave me a call and interviewed with manager and after the GM. Received an offer on the spot and sent me 2 emails at night time. There was an orientation and a 5 days in room class.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

Applied online, did two questionaires. One personality and one timed education test, with math and IQ test type questions. About 2 days later I got a call and the manager asked me a couple questions on the phone, then invited me in the next day for an in person interview. I went in for the interview and the same manager interviewed me, he liked me so he had me wait a min so that I could interview with the GM. He asked me a few questions also, then said he wanted to hire me. Told me about the training and orientation. I was then sent 2 emails that night stating my job offer, pay, ect and another one with a link to do my hire packet.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None