Cheesecake Factory Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cheesecake Factory Server Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.3

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

It was a very short interview. They were very busy. At the beginning he told me that the position was filled,and he didn't want to waste my time(I had already canceled other appointments that day, and spent an hour getting there.) but if I wanted to get my foot on the door, I could start with a host position, and later get into a server training. Gave me a name to call. Couldn't reach her for two weeks. Eventually gave up.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cheesecake Factory

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

First, I received a call over the interview, the manager was very nice, we setup for second interview in person the next day later, I came in for interview, the same manager wasn't prepared, she had me waiting 45 minutes until when had our one on one interview, then finally we had brief, very short, quick interview, she told me they were going to call me the next day, they never did and when I call back the person who answer the phone was very rude, I was very disappointed in their services

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between banquet server and restaurants server   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Boca Raton, FL).

Interview

Short, but you had to wait a while. As I waited, everyone was really nice. The GM in the Boca location is very focused on the guest experience. He was nice. He was very understanding. He asked a lot questions about, and my personal life. Talked me about the 2 weeks of training. He set the exception, and helped me understand what I was suppose to expect in the near future.

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

It is a very easy interview process, they will basically hire anyone. The cheesecake factory used to be a hard place to get a job but not anymore. Service has gone down a lot because of how easy it is to get in. The interview is about 30 minutes and it is just one interview.

Interview Questions

• how did you hear about us? why do you think you should get this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied using an online job posting, took an assessment. I didn't expect they would call me since my resume is in the other field of industry. 2 days after they gave me a call and interviewed with manager and after the GM. Received an offer on the spot and sent me 2 emails at night time. There was an orientation and a 5 days in room class.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

Applied online, did two questionaires. One personality and one timed education test, with math and IQ test type questions. About 2 days later I got a call and the manager asked me a couple questions on the phone, then invited me in the next day for an in person interview. I went in for the interview and the same manager interviewed me, he liked me so he had me wait a min so that I could interview with the GM. He asked me a few questions also, then said he wanted to hire me. Told me about the training and orientation. I was then sent 2 emails that night stating my job offer, pay, ect and another one with a link to do my hire packet.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

I applied online, did a quick phone interview. Came in for a in person interview. Then was offered the position. Then had to do an orientation , server class( 5 days class room) and then on the floor training.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you " failed" or could have done better, what happened. And how did you over come it.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

Three part interview process. Pretty standard questions. Meet with two managers and then the general manager. I remember having to wait a very long time in my first interview.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Tampa, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Easy interview. First met with one of the managers who asked very general questions, next that same day met with the GM who asked some of the same general questions. Very standard interview.

Interview Questions

• What does hospitality mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Providence, RI) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online, then brought in a copy of my resume the next day. I was called the same day and given a short phone interview. They asked simple things like my availability, why i was leaving my other job, etc. Then we scheduled an interview. Usually, applicants are required to do 2 interviews, one with a manager and another with the GM. For me, I only had 1 interview. I was hired on the spot