Chegg Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Chegg (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Referred by a friend. Whole process took a week. Initial phone call with Head of Talent Acquisition going into experiences and why I'd wanna be a TS. Invited onsite the next week. Met with Head of Talent & 2 recruiters. No offer as they were made changes to the role after interview.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

They dragged me along for almost almost three months that include multiple onsite and offsite meetings, a big detailed presentation and a grilling onsite Q&A session. People onsite were very aggressive and rude in some way. I was given a bag chips for "lunch" and was given one question after another that did not pertain to my background. Then never heard from them again for 3 weeks. Then I had to follow up and was given some vague answers to place me in a different process to be evaluated. And then never heard back again. Disorganized, arrogant organization. They don't know what type of people they want to hire and had no respect for the effort of the candidates by wasting their time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what upcoming trends are there in the industry.   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Chegg has a fast and responsive interview process. The recruiter kept in constant touch and the hiring manager kept the process moving quickly. Each stage took a few days and they were transparent in their needs, benefits, and feedback.

Interview Questions

• A mix of behavioral questions and thinking through scenarios like how would you grow a line of business.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Was given a roundtable interview + case study same day, with the idea I could then present to a group and actually sell the project internally. However, since I didn't have time to prepare for it (was supposed to be sent a week prior) - I had to fly by the seat of my pants.

There was no way of saving the interview, and the team was looking for a fully flushed out strategy. The team was really looking for a solution that they could implement tomorrow.

Honestly, the team is expecting director level knowledge, for an average manager salary in the middle of Santa Clara.

Interview Questions

• How would you a/b test your solution? What are your development skills? (Front end/python)   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I had a great phone screening with the HR Recruiter, then hiring manager and was brought in to meet with 4-5 people. Here's what really bothered me that I wanted to share: The VP was the very last person to meet with me. She took one look at my resume (it seemed to be the very first time she saw my resume) and said "Oh you don't have X Skill. We can't have someone w/out X Skill fill this position". Needless to say I didn't get an offer which is fine, but if they knew this would be a requirement from the VP, I wish they hadn't wasted my time (and theirs) by bringing me in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you did.
      What steps would you take if you were given this project.   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone screens from HR and hiring manager
    SQL test. The questions are straightward
    On site (Meet with 4-5 people), in which I need to give a presentation
    They could possibly verbally grant you an offer during on-site, which I think is just to hold you before you move forward with other companies. Eventually nothing official came out and no one even responded to your followups.

Interview Questions

• Question about sql skills, past projects and learnings, some basic modeling questions in a tool which I used before   Answer Question

Senior Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The worst interview experience, I wonder how Chegg is recruiting.
    They have to change, rather then selling books they have to read books now.
    The interview I attended did not relate with the roles and responsibilities mentioned for the job description.

SEO Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

intail phone screen by two people 1. by HR coordinator 2. by VP of SEO followed by on-campus interview by 4 different people again with HR , VP , Marketing and Associate and walking through the campus with hints company culture

Interview Questions

• What would you do , to rank higher in SERP for subpage in local space   Answer Question

Social Media Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chegg (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was online through a recorded video feed. You log into an account and start a video recording. Once the video of the lady asking the question has played, it start recording your answer. I did not really like this process at all...

Interview Questions

• Name a marketing campaign you like and why you think it was successful.
      How would you approach cheggs social media channels?
      Why are you a good fit for this?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Chegg (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume. About 4 weeks later they reached out. Once we connected everything moved very fast. I did a screener and then another call with the hiring manager.

About a week later I came in and met with 4 different people onsite. I met with people from design, engineering, heads of departments and the hiring manager. I also toured the facilities.

Interview Questions

• How do you generate ideas?
      How would you go about improving usage of our internal search?   Answer Question