Chegg Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Was given a roundtable interview + case study same day, with the idea I could then present to a group and actually sell the project internally. However, since I didn't have time to prepare for it (was supposed to be sent a week prior) - I had to fly by the seat of my pants.

There was no way of saving the interview, and the team was looking for a fully flushed out strategy. The team was really looking for a solution that they could implement tomorrow.

Honestly, the team is expecting director level knowledge, for an average manager salary in the middle of Santa Clara.

Interview Questions

• How would you a/b test your solution? What are your development skills? (Front end/python)   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I had a great phone screening with the HR Recruiter, then hiring manager and was brought in to meet with 4-5 people. Here's what really bothered me that I wanted to share: The VP was the very last person to meet with me. She took one look at my resume (it seemed to be the very first time she saw my resume) and said "Oh you don't have X Skill. We can't have someone w/out X Skill fill this position". Needless to say I didn't get an offer which is fine, but if they knew this would be a requirement from the VP, I wish they hadn't wasted my time (and theirs) by bringing me in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you did.
      What steps would you take if you were given this project.   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone screens from HR and hiring manager
    SQL test. The questions are straightward
    On site (Meet with 4-5 people), in which I need to give a presentation
    They could possibly verbally grant you an offer during on-site, which I think is just to hold you before you move forward with other companies. Eventually nothing official came out and no one even responded to your followups.

Interview Questions

• Question about sql skills, past projects and learnings, some basic modeling questions in a tool which I used before   Answer Question

Senior Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The worst interview experience, I wonder how Chegg is recruiting.
    They have to change, rather then selling books they have to read books now.
    The interview I attended did not relate with the roles and responsibilities mentioned for the job description.

SEO Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

intail phone screen by two people 1. by HR coordinator 2. by VP of SEO followed by on-campus interview by 4 different people again with HR , VP , Marketing and Associate and walking through the campus with hints company culture

Interview Questions

• What would you do , to rank higher in SERP for subpage in local space   Answer Question

Social Media Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chegg (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was online through a recorded video feed. You log into an account and start a video recording. Once the video of the lady asking the question has played, it start recording your answer. I did not really like this process at all...

Interview Questions

• Name a marketing campaign you like and why you think it was successful.
      How would you approach cheggs social media channels?
      Why are you a good fit for this?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Chegg (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume. About 4 weeks later they reached out. Once we connected everything moved very fast. I did a screener and then another call with the hiring manager.

About a week later I came in and met with 4 different people onsite. I met with people from design, engineering, heads of departments and the hiring manager. I also toured the facilities.

Interview Questions

• How do you generate ideas?
      How would you go about improving usage of our internal search?   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter few days after I submitted online, phone screen with the recruiter and then onsite interview with 4 people. I was told that they would let me know if I proceed to the next round within two days, never heard back. I followed up twice and no response, then decided to move on.

Interview Questions

• went through some projects I had in the past, asked me how I'd solve some of the challenges they have   Answer Question

Data Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chegg (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Giving an interview for a Data Science position is an extremely tricky task that requires very skillful interviewers. It is very easy to go down the wrong path and miss good candidates. People at Chegg seem to be nice people that they definitely need some work to do in their interviewing skills. Not getting an offer from the people at Chegg did not worry me at all. It seems that they are still in the process of figuring things out for themselves.

Interview Questions

• Two questions that were dependent on skills not listed on my resume!   1 Answer

User Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied and received an email from a recruiter the following morning asking if I had time to converse. The next day, our conversation went well; he asked very job-specific questions, told me a little bit about the companies' future goals, and what their UXR team was looking for. After that, the recruiter set me up with another phone interview for the next day with a UX Researcher that I'd be working with. That conversation went well too. I really appreciated the ability to talk freely with both the researcher and the recruiter; they didn't ask typical cookie-cutter questions (like "where do you see yourself in 5 years? what are your strengths? etc.) They really focused on the role itself and how I saw myself working toward Chegg's mission.

After the phone interview, I came in for a 3-4 hour interview and met with the team. I felt that it went incredibly well and I felt good about it. After the in-person interview, the recruiter kept me informed about next steps. And then came an email after two days: they wanted me to complete an exercise and send them references.

Normally, any job candidate would probably take offense to this "exercise" request so late in the hiring process (after having met with the team and gone through all other interview processes). It's sort of backwards, but I truly believe that there was no bad intent behind it because the position was originally part-time and then in the middle of the interview process turned into full-time...and I'm sure for full-time candidates, taking some sort of test is mandatory. But had this been another circumstance, I would have probably thought it was in insult of my intelligence...like, had I "failed" the exercise, would I still be considered for the position after all that I been through? Again, seems like something that you'd want to do early in the game to weed out the "bad apples". But I digress.

Anyhow, I had a wonderful interview process for the most part. I loved the team, but I ended up receiving a clutch offer from a different company and had to decide fairly quickly. And while I loved Chegg and everything that it is trying to accomplish, I just couldn't bring myself to pass up on a solid offer elsewhere while I still had to do an exercise and wait for their offer, if they were going to give me one (in which the other one would have been voided). It was really just a matter of bad timing and I had to make a decision on-the-fly.

But again, it was an awesome interview process and I wish them the best of luck with all of their future endeavors.