Chegg Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 14, 2017

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I had a great phone screening with the HR Recruiter, then hiring manager and was brought in to meet with 4-5 people. Here's what really bothered me that I wanted to share: The VP was the very last person to meet with me. She took one look at my resume (it seemed to be the very first time she saw my resume) and said "Oh you don't have X Skill. We can't have someone w/out X Skill fill this position". Needless to say I didn't get an offer which is fine, but if they knew this would be a requirement from the VP, I wish they hadn't wasted my time (and theirs) by bringing me in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you did.
      What steps would you take if you were given this project.   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone screens from HR and hiring manager
    SQL test. The questions are straightward
    On site (Meet with 4-5 people), in which I need to give a presentation
    They could possibly verbally grant you an offer during on-site, which I think is just to hold you before you move forward with other companies. Eventually nothing official came out and no one even responded to your followups.

Interview Questions

• Question about sql skills, past projects and learnings, some basic modeling questions in a tool which I used before   Answer Question

Senior Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The worst interview experience, I wonder how Chegg is recruiting.
    They have to change, rather then selling books they have to read books now.
    The interview I attended did not relate with the roles and responsibilities mentioned for the job description.

SEO Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

intail phone screen by two people 1. by HR coordinator 2. by VP of SEO followed by on-campus interview by 4 different people again with HR , VP , Marketing and Associate and walking through the campus with hints company culture

Interview Questions

• What would you do , to rank higher in SERP for subpage in local space   Answer Question

Social Media Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chegg (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was online through a recorded video feed. You log into an account and start a video recording. Once the video of the lady asking the question has played, it start recording your answer. I did not really like this process at all...

Interview Questions

• Name a marketing campaign you like and why you think it was successful.
      How would you approach cheggs social media channels?
      Why are you a good fit for this?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Chegg (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume. About 4 weeks later they reached out. Once we connected everything moved very fast. I did a screener and then another call with the hiring manager.

About a week later I came in and met with 4 different people onsite. I met with people from design, engineering, heads of departments and the hiring manager. I also toured the facilities.

Interview Questions

• How do you generate ideas?
      How would you go about improving usage of our internal search?   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter few days after I submitted online, phone screen with the recruiter and then onsite interview with 4 people. I was told that they would let me know if I proceed to the next round within two days, never heard back. I followed up twice and no response, then decided to move on.

Interview Questions

• went through some projects I had in the past, asked me how I'd solve some of the challenges they have   Answer Question

Data Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chegg (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Giving an interview for a Data Science position is an extremely tricky task that requires very skillful interviewers. It is very easy to go down the wrong path and miss good candidates. People at Chegg seem to be nice people that they definitely need some work to do in their interviewing skills. Not getting an offer from the people at Chegg did not worry me at all. It seems that they are still in the process of figuring things out for themselves.

Interview Questions

• Two questions that were dependent on skills not listed on my resume!   1 Answer

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Had a great experience with Chegg. I initially applied to be an Inventory Analyst (contract) role. Had a phone interview, and was invited to come on-site. When I arrived on-site, I interviewed with 3 managers who all ask fairly standard questions. They asked about my background, some situational questions, my skill set, and my future goals. Towards the end, they asked if I could stay an extra 45 minutes to take an Excel test.

The next day, I received an offer from another company and I notified Chegg. They called me within an hour or two and told me they could have a response by tomorrow, and asked if I could do one last phone interview with a Data Scientist at Chegg that same day. Had a great conversation with the Data Scientist - he was very engaging and we discussed my passions and my goals, as well as my skill set. He asked some challenging questions about problem solving and predictive analytics. Around this time I asked if I was still being interviewed to be an Inventory Analyst and they said they were now considering me for the Business Operations Analyst position.

They offered the next day.

Overall a very positive experience. All my interviewers were professional, welcoming, and intelligent. People at Chegg are passionate about what they do and they have a great vision.

Interview Questions

• Had some problem solving questions. For example, the interviewer might describe a past project he/she has done, and will ask you how you would tackle the problem and how you might solve it.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, then hiring manager and finally two on-sites.

The role I applied is pretty senior, so during the interviews they have asked a lot questions regarding the issues they were facing and how I can leverage my skills, experience and knowledge to resolve the issues.

Interview Questions

• How do you validate the data is accurate is the system?
      How do you resolve this issue we're facing?
      How do you drive the system usage?
      ...   Answer Question