Chegg Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 14, 2017

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

The head of recruiting reached out to me and I met several senior leaders and members of the HR team. They were fairly efficient with my time - interviews were 30 mins and I came back 2-3 times. It worked out because I worked not far from the Chegg office so it was easy to come by several times for interviews.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about my experience and lots of behavioral interviewing questions about how I handled situations with internal clients and with HR peers.   Answer Question

Social Media Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chegg (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was online through a recorded video feed. You log into an account and start a video recording. Once the video of the lady asking the question has played, it start recording your answer. I did not really like this process at all...

Interview Questions

• Name a marketing campaign you like and why you think it was successful.
      How would you approach cheggs social media channels?
      Why are you a good fit for this?   Answer Question

Content Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews followed by an in person interview. When I was brought in I was interviewed by 2 colleagues, the HR manager and the Director. The interview process was in 2 weeks. It was weird because they rushed my interview process through then waited a few more days until they told me they cancelled the position.

Interview Questions

• If you had 5 slides to present to executives how would you go about it?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

3 rounds of telephonic interview. Each around 30-60 mins

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, then hiring manager and finally two on-sites.

The role I applied is pretty senior, so during the interviews they have asked a lot questions regarding the issues they were facing and how I can leverage my skills, experience and knowledge to resolve the issues.

Interview Questions

• How do you validate the data is accurate is the system?
      How do you resolve this issue we're facing?
      How do you drive the system usage?
      ...   Answer Question

Data Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chegg (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Giving an interview for a Data Science position is an extremely tricky task that requires very skillful interviewers. It is very easy to go down the wrong path and miss good candidates. People at Chegg seem to be nice people that they definitely need some work to do in their interviewing skills. Not getting an offer from the people at Chegg did not worry me at all. It seems that they are still in the process of figuring things out for themselves.

Interview Questions

• Two questions that were dependent on skills not listed on my resume!   1 Answer

Senior Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone screens from HR and hiring manager
    SQL test. The questions are straightward
    On site (Meet with 4-5 people), in which I need to give a presentation
    They could possibly verbally grant you an offer during on-site, which I think is just to hold you before you move forward with other companies. Eventually nothing official came out and no one even responded to your followups.

Interview Questions

• Question about sql skills, past projects and learnings, some basic modeling questions in a tool which I used before   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I had a great phone screening with the HR Recruiter, then hiring manager and was brought in to meet with 4-5 people. Here's what really bothered me that I wanted to share: The VP was the very last person to meet with me. She took one look at my resume (it seemed to be the very first time she saw my resume) and said "Oh you don't have X Skill. We can't have someone w/out X Skill fill this position". Needless to say I didn't get an offer which is fine, but if they knew this would be a requirement from the VP, I wish they hadn't wasted my time (and theirs) by bringing me in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you did.
      What steps would you take if you were given this project.   Answer Question

SEO Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

intail phone screen by two people 1. by HR coordinator 2. by VP of SEO followed by on-campus interview by 4 different people again with HR , VP , Marketing and Associate and walking through the campus with hints company culture

Interview Questions

• What would you do , to rank higher in SERP for subpage in local space   Answer Question

Senior Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The worst interview experience, I wonder how Chegg is recruiting.
    They have to change, rather then selling books they have to read books now.
    The interview I attended did not relate with the roles and responsibilities mentioned for the job description.