Chegg Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA | Glassdoor

2.9

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

They dragged me along for almost almost three months that include multiple onsite and offsite meetings, a big detailed presentation and a grilling onsite Q&A session. People onsite were very aggressive and rude in some way. I was given a bag chips for "lunch" and was given one question after another that did not pertain to my background. Then never heard from them again for 3 weeks. Then I had to follow up and was given some vague answers to place me in a different process to be evaluated. And then never heard back again. Disorganized, arrogant organization. They don't know what type of people they want to hire and had no respect for the effort of the candidates by wasting their time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what upcoming trends are there in the industry.   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Chegg has a fast and responsive interview process. The recruiter kept in constant touch and the hiring manager kept the process moving quickly. Each stage took a few days and they were transparent in their needs, benefits, and feedback.

Interview Questions

• A mix of behavioral questions and thinking through scenarios like how would you grow a line of business.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Was given a roundtable interview + case study same day, with the idea I could then present to a group and actually sell the project internally. However, since I didn't have time to prepare for it (was supposed to be sent a week prior) - I had to fly by the seat of my pants.

There was no way of saving the interview, and the team was looking for a fully flushed out strategy. The team was really looking for a solution that they could implement tomorrow.

Honestly, the team is expecting director level knowledge, for an average manager salary in the middle of Santa Clara.

Interview Questions

• How would you a/b test your solution? What are your development skills? (Front end/python)   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I had a great phone screening with the HR Recruiter, then hiring manager and was brought in to meet with 4-5 people. Here's what really bothered me that I wanted to share: The VP was the very last person to meet with me. She took one look at my resume (it seemed to be the very first time she saw my resume) and said "Oh you don't have X Skill. We can't have someone w/out X Skill fill this position". Needless to say I didn't get an offer which is fine, but if they knew this would be a requirement from the VP, I wish they hadn't wasted my time (and theirs) by bringing me in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you did.
      What steps would you take if you were given this project.   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone screens from HR and hiring manager
    SQL test. The questions are straightward
    On site (Meet with 4-5 people), in which I need to give a presentation
    They could possibly verbally grant you an offer during on-site, which I think is just to hold you before you move forward with other companies. Eventually nothing official came out and no one even responded to your followups.

Interview Questions

• Question about sql skills, past projects and learnings, some basic modeling questions in a tool which I used before   Answer Question

Senior Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The worst interview experience, I wonder how Chegg is recruiting.
    They have to change, rather then selling books they have to read books now.
    The interview I attended did not relate with the roles and responsibilities mentioned for the job description.

SEO Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

intail phone screen by two people 1. by HR coordinator 2. by VP of SEO followed by on-campus interview by 4 different people again with HR , VP , Marketing and Associate and walking through the campus with hints company culture

Interview Questions

• What would you do , to rank higher in SERP for subpage in local space   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter few days after I submitted online, phone screen with the recruiter and then onsite interview with 4 people. I was told that they would let me know if I proceed to the next round within two days, never heard back. I followed up twice and no response, then decided to move on.

Interview Questions

• went through some projects I had in the past, asked me how I'd solve some of the challenges they have   Answer Question

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Had a great experience with Chegg. I initially applied to be an Inventory Analyst (contract) role. Had a phone interview, and was invited to come on-site. When I arrived on-site, I interviewed with 3 managers who all ask fairly standard questions. They asked about my background, some situational questions, my skill set, and my future goals. Towards the end, they asked if I could stay an extra 45 minutes to take an Excel test.

The next day, I received an offer from another company and I notified Chegg. They called me within an hour or two and told me they could have a response by tomorrow, and asked if I could do one last phone interview with a Data Scientist at Chegg that same day. Had a great conversation with the Data Scientist - he was very engaging and we discussed my passions and my goals, as well as my skill set. He asked some challenging questions about problem solving and predictive analytics. Around this time I asked if I was still being interviewed to be an Inventory Analyst and they said they were now considering me for the Business Operations Analyst position.

They offered the next day.

Overall a very positive experience. All my interviewers were professional, welcoming, and intelligent. People at Chegg are passionate about what they do and they have a great vision.

Interview Questions

• Had some problem solving questions. For example, the interviewer might describe a past project he/she has done, and will ask you how you would tackle the problem and how you might solve it.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, then hiring manager and finally two on-sites.

The role I applied is pretty senior, so during the interviews they have asked a lot questions regarding the issues they were facing and how I can leverage my skills, experience and knowledge to resolve the issues.

Interview Questions

• How do you validate the data is accurate is the system?
      How do you resolve this issue we're facing?
      How do you drive the system usage?
      ...   Answer Question