ChemPoint.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ChemPoint.com Interview Questions

2.9

Industry Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ChemPoint.com (New York, NY).

Interview

First you have a phone interview and they decide whether you will proceed or not based on that interview. For me, they then offered a different position that was not the original one that I applied for. I ended up declining because I wanted to work more in the chemistry field rather than the sales field.

Customer Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ChemPoint.com (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Light and Informative. I was ask questions based on my Resume, and how I could best help the team. The young man was polite and understood the complexities of my experiences throughout my time in the workforce.

Interview Questions

• What experience do I have preforming in a fast paced environment.   Answer Question

Continuous Improvement Interview

Interview

Interview was within manager and several team members. I should have had more questions for them at the end of the interview. I believe not having them made me look ill prepared.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ChemPoint.com (Seattle, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and then received an email for phone screen.

The next round takes place at the Bellevue campus as a panel interview. Most of the questions were behavioral and about past experience. At the same time, I was given a tour of the campus.

The process was pretty straight forward, they informed me of their decision quickly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you have done on Excel, what functions did you use (VBA, Vlookup, If...)?   Answer Question

Credit Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ChemPoint.com.

Interview

Casual and with two full time employees including team manager.

There is first a phone screening interview with HR. If that goes well, you will be invited to a second round interview with a manager and an other team member. At the second interview you are given a tour of the building and of the many different teams at Chempoint.

Interview Questions

• If you were on a plane accident and you could save 3 people, who would they be and in what order. Please tell me why.

Tell me three strengths and three weaknesses about yourself.   Answer Question

Credit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ChemPoint.com (Bellevue, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Had basic phone interview with HR. Was asked very straight forward question about myself and why I want to work there. Then I was brought into their office for a second round. I got a tour of their office. Their office is so cool. Hands down one of the nicest and well kept offices. They even had the penthouse top floor. I then shadowed someone full time on the Credit team. He was kind of mean and I knew at that moment there was no way I was going to work for him. Lastly, 2 people interviews me again, expect talking way more about my resume and my experiences. They were also pretty basic question about my experiences and my resume.

It's really too bad that they have a nice office, but terrible company culture.

Interview Questions

I could not see myself working with them for a whole summer

Customer Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ChemPoint.com (Bellevue, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview where I was asked a number of situational questions. The hiring manager was very engaging and asked questions based off a number of answers. A week later, they requested a in-house interview and the human resources manager was very nice and polite.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you have dealt with a difficult customer in your past experience.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Saw a job posting on Husky Jobs, submitted resume online. Got a call a couple of weeks later, had a pretty easy, basic phone interview, then in-person interview. You get an office tour first and then they put you into a small conference room with 2-3 other people.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ChemPoint.com.

Interview

They contacted me after a day and had me schedule a phone interview with them. What was weird was how they expected you to call them, and not the other way around. However, I ignored it and called them on the day that I was supposed to interview. The call had dropped in the middle of my conversation with the HR person (who I am assuming is a student). However, I thought the interview had went okay until I get an email from another HR specialist who tells me "Thanks for applying, but we did not see your talents fit within our organization at this time". I found this extremely unprofessional as the person who had interviewed me was not the one to tell me personally, but possibly her supervisor. Overall, don't bother applying for this internship as they will leave it till the last minute to inform you that they don't want you to interview in person.

Industry Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ChemPoint.com (Bellevue, WA) in November 2014.

Interview

I sent in my resume and cover letter through Indeed.com for a Market Developer position and about an hour and a half later I received an email from an HR representative stating that I would be a better fit for their Industry Representative position and proceeded to set an interview up with me.

Interview Questions

• What interests you most about this position?/Why ChemPoint?   1 Answer
    • Why sales?   1 Answer
    • Give an example of when you worked on a team.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't get a job offer, I received an offer to move to the next round of interviews (next steps will be to set up a phone conversations with one of their sales managers and tour the company).