ChemoCentryx Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at ChemoCentryx

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ChemoCentryx (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Reasonable, but not clear on the direction of company. Typical interview was screening call followed by 1:1 with theh hiring manager; subsequently came in to the company to meet with team members. Overall it took most of the morning with a working lunch.

Interview Questions

• Nothing stood out. Typical questions; a lot of discussion about the company and not about my skills   Answer Question

Didn't feel comfortable with data and company strategy.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ChemoCentryx (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

There was a 5 minute phone conversation followed by an invitation for interview.
    The on-site interview was an informal and easy chat with the hiring manager and 3 other employees.
    They do not have a real hiring process, there is lot of uncertainty and they do not answer questions well about hiring timeline, team members, etc.

This is a very small company, but not a start-up, has been around for more than a decade and is more like a severe case of "failure-to-thrive".

Interview Questions

• How much do you think they pay for this position?   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ChemoCentryx.

Interview

Phone interview was not too difficult, usual questions regarding education, work experience, goals, knowledge of specific techniques which the position required. Position did not work out as there was no training involved, it was a small group and they wanted someone with exact expertise.

Interview Questions

• they asked about exact assays that they wanted, not overall technical skills   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ChemoCentryx (Mountain View, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

LONG day.
    Mostly 2 on 1 appointments.
    Very few were "skilled" interviewers.
    Lots of stress on how intense they are.