Cherry Creek Mortgage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cherry Creek Mortgage

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cherry Creek Mortgage (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

Telephone conference twice, then I volunteered to travel (at my own expense) to Denver for a face to face interview. Interview lasted a day and had 6 senior management attendees, one at a time.

Interview Questions

• Primarily a get acquainted meeting. My resume and personal reputation was adequate for the moment.   Answer Question

Loan Originator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cherry Creek Mortgage.

Interview

Weird. It was more like a conversation. I almost felt as if the recruiter was selling me on Cherry Creek Mortgage. Not trying to see if I was a good fit for the position. Hindsight I wish I would have caught on sooner. They just wanted to get people in because they were losing people right and left... including me.

Interview Questions

• None. It was weird. There were a lot of questions regarding my comfort with selling and things along those lines. As expected, since it is a sales position. Nothing else really stands out. I was really prepared with the history of the company, I did a lot of research which I like to do for myself but none of it came up in the interview. It was awkward.   Answer Question

Underwriter - Sorta Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cherry Creek Mortgage in April 2012.

Interview

The entire process was a bit strange, and less than professional. I was working as an Underwriting Manager for a bank and applied for a Sr. Underwriter position in hopes of getting my DE. It was a slight demotion but I expected pay to be similar (banks dont pay quite as well in this area).

Well, I received a call from someone to setup an interview. I thought it was odd to do it in a hotel lobby, but satisfied with the explanation they were starting a new division and didnt yet have office space. I was very dissappointed when I got there and got into the interview - only to discover I was not being interviewed for an UW position at all. It was basically an inside sales call center / processing role for $16/hr. Wow, talk about stepping my career back - this was about an entry-level position as there is in the industry. This was not at ALL what the job description I applied for stated or implied.

Fast forward a week and I received a call-back. the interviewer "loved' my outgoing personality so-much that she wanted to see if I was interested in being a loan officer assistant to one of her top-producers. Considering I started my career as a loan officer, the idea of being an assistant to one, years after moving up in the industry, didnt sound very appealing.

Interview Questions

• There were no real interview questions. She just "loved" my experience and personality so much that she wanted me to come in and "chat". Thats all it was - a conversation (in a hotel lobby).   Answer Question

Not at all the position I applied for or was interested in.

Reverse Loan Officer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cherry Creek Mortgage.

Interview

Informal; conversational; consultive

Interview Questions

• Really none; a very frank and direct conversation as to my skills and what the job offered   Answer Question

Still considering other offers