Chesapeake Energy Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chesapeake Energy Intern Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy.

Interview

Applied through college career fair. Scheduled interview very quickly compared to other companies during same time frame. Basic interview questions with 2 interviewers. Very relaxed, not a stressful or intimidating interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a tough situation you've encountered in the past   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Chesapeake Energy

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and through the career fair. Was requested for an interview. Interview was largely behavioral based questions focusing more your fit for the company and less on previous experience and technical abilities.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in October 2015.

Interview

Campus recruiting, basic interview with about half of the questions being behavioral and the other half simple questions about yourself. Two people were in the interviewing room alternating questions. Very nice recruiters, just make sure you know a little about the position and behavioral situations and you should be fine.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK) in September 2014.

Interview

Sat down with two people and they asked various behavioral questions. Went over my resume which was very easy to just talk about how you got to the position your currently in and where you want to go from there. Definitely like the enthusiasm. Asked specific questions about why you want to work for CHK as opposed to other similar companies in the same league.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to make a decision that you knew was right, but that people might not want to hear.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in December 2010.

Interview

Questions about background, resume, and why this company. 3 people interviewed me in a small room. No technical questions but a lot of fit questions. Overall, it was an enjoyable interview and the interviewers were very easy to talk to.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in September 2009.

Interview

Suggest having predetermined potential answers to common behavioral questions. They have a technical interviewer and a human resources interviewer. The company can take a while to respond, particularly compared to other energy companies. Interviewers were nice, but a little distant. The interview was a mix of technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you came up with a creative solution to a problem that a group you were working with was having?   Answer Question