Chesapeake Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Chesapeake Energy

2.8

Cloud Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2019.

Interview

Single round, 1 on 1 in person interview with Steve Clark
    SR System Engineer at Chesapeake Energy.
    Fairly informal. Interview lasted roughly 30 minutes in length.
    Interviewer seemed more concerned about discussing my non technical skills for this position.

Interview Questions

• How well do communicate technical terms to nontechnical users?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy.

Interview

Applied through school recruiting. Process was straight forward. Recruiters selected interviews based on submitted resumes and held an information session as well. The interview lasted thirty minutes including time to ask questions. Very personable.

Engineering Interview

Interview

On campus interview at the University and was asked a series of behavioral questions and project questions. The interviewer also went through my resume and asked me about activities organizations that I participated in college.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Norman, OK) in October 2017.

Interview

Met some members of the company at a career fair and was invited back for a one-on-one interview. Wore a full suit to both fair and interview. Was interviewed by engineers instead of human resources which I liked.

Interview Questions

• Explain one of your most important involvements listed on your resume.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy.

Interview

Applied through college career fair. Scheduled interview very quickly compared to other companies during same time frame. Basic interview questions with 2 interviewers. Very relaxed, not a stressful or intimidating interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a tough situation you've encountered in the past   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview was scheduled 1 week after application was submitted. Interview process was smooth and I waited 1 week after interview before I received the offer for employment.

Interview Questions

• What was one mistake you made in your career?   1 Answer

Communications Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy.

Interview

Referred to the interviewer by a member of U.S. Congress representing the company's location. Interviewer was provided my resume and letters of recommendation. Also, Interviewer received a couple of emails recommending me for the position.

Interview Questions

• It was the craziest and shortest interview I ever had. The interviewer was a VP. She seemed to be very angry with me from the moment I walked into her office. She asked questions about my membership and involvement with a well known national association for professionals in my field. I just assumed she was using that as an opening to the interview. Then she immediately switched the conversation to her tirade about her personal stock market loss due to the downfall of a former employer of mine. That company declared bankruptcy following discovery of internal accounting fraud, of which I had no knowledge as an employee in an unrelated department. I expressed my sympathy for her loss and attempted to explain to her that even employees suffered tremendous loss as a result of that company bankruptcy, but she quickly escorted me to the door, where I smiled, shook her hand, told her I was very interested in the position, and thanked her for her time and consideration of my qualifications. On the way back to my parked car, which I had left only 10 minutes earlier, I wondered if she had even noted that on my list of references was a former boss, a U.S. Senator who currently served on her company's board of directors. A couple years later I read a newspaper article about her being fired in which she was labeled the most hated woman in the city. The reason I am sharing this experience is to remind everyone that you never know what to expect in an interview. All you can do is be prepared, keep your composure and good manners in check, and realize that everybody has a bad day every now and then. Know also that God has a reason for everything; you may or may not know all the answers this side of eternity; even bad experiences can have good resolutions for those called according to His purpose.   1 Answer

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

I applied online and got called about a month later about setting up an interview. The interview itself was easy. It was conversational with a few questions regarding my resume. No situational/behavioral type questions. I still haven't heard from them. It's been about a week.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for a different job?   1 Answer

Revenue Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (New York, NY).

Interview

First was a Phone Interview - That was Followed up with an in person interview. Chk campus was very nice but hard to find correct building. I'd suggest trying to find a campus map online or physically finding the building the day before.

Interview Questions

• Normal interview questions - asked about accounting background - recently graduated so did not have much work experience   Answer Question

Geoscience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Laramie, WY).

Interview

Chesapeake came to recruit at Rocky Mountain Rendezvous in Laramie, WY. There was only one round of interviews for applicants and they followed up within a week of the interview in a personal phone call. The interview itself was very relaxed and the interviewers were very friendly. Mostly typical interview questions but geared more towards my thesis research.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to tell your thesis advisor no? What was the outcome?   Answer Question