Chesapeake Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.8

Revenue Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (New York, NY).

Interview

First was a Phone Interview - That was Followed up with an in person interview. Chk campus was very nice but hard to find correct building. I'd suggest trying to find a campus map online or physically finding the building the day before.

Interview Questions

• Normal interview questions - asked about accounting background - recently graduated so did not have much work experience   Answer Question

Geoscience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Laramie, WY).

Interview

Chesapeake came to recruit at Rocky Mountain Rendezvous in Laramie, WY. There was only one round of interviews for applicants and they followed up within a week of the interview in a personal phone call. The interview itself was very relaxed and the interviewers were very friendly. Mostly typical interview questions but geared more towards my thesis research.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to tell your thesis advisor no? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Facilities Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

It stated with an om-campus school interview (with managers and recruiters) following a career fair, followed by company interview the next week or two with managers, engineers, VPs, etc. questions range from technical, behavioral, personality, etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel working in the midst of people with various backgrounds   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in October 2015.

Interview

Campus recruiting, basic interview with about half of the questions being behavioral and the other half simple questions about yourself. Two people were in the interviewing room alternating questions. Very nice recruiters, just make sure you know a little about the position and behavioral situations and you should be fine.

Production Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview then in person interview with management. Unique interview because it was for a newly created position and they did not know what the position would evolve into or what skills it would require.

Lease Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted my application and heard back for an interview within 1 week, straight forward interview asking about my previous jobs, my in treat in oil and gas proffession, one line manager was staring at his notes while another seemed very intrested, lasted 30 minutes, and was told they would call, talked about what it would be like when I worked there however it has been a week and I haven't heard back

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that would set you apart from others?   1 Answer

Senior Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

I have applied for no less than 9 positions for which I would be qualified. Was finally contacted by HR for a pre-screen conversation. Afterwards I was contacted for a phone interview with the HM of the position, the Credit Manager. Overall the phone interview went horrible. The HM could barely speak English and it was very clear English was a second language to Spanish. When I stated I had 20 years experience in commercial credit, his response was "Oh". Ding Ding Ding, old guy (in my 40's and he had viewed my Linkedin.com profile prior to the call). Having researched the hiring manager he is clearly in his very early 30's and was new in the role. Needless to say, the next day I received the generic decline letter. Overall, a very sad experience. Phone interviews are the laziest way a company can interview people. I have since decided not to do phone interviews for in town companies. I give my full attention while on a phone interview, and I can't compete with the hiring manager checking email, facebook and etc while doing a phone screening. HR companies; put the "human" back in interviews. You're missing quality talent by phone screening.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2015.

Interview

Very unstructured interview process. Went from person to person in their offices and talked to predetermined folks. One person that stuck out was a fellow who had a collection of hard hats over his desk. He pointed to the Enron one and said that Chesapeake reminded him a lot of Enron.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

In the fall of 2013, I was scheduled for a first phone interview with a recruiter from the HR department. It didn't happen. I received a second phone call from another recruiter to reschedule a phone interview. I waited the week after, nothing happened. Finally, after a week, I received another phone call to reschedule the interview that I was suppose to have initially. The person who interviewed me hinted that the first two recruiters "left" their company. The truth is that these two recruiters got laid off. This tells me a lot about the company.

Afterwards, I was able to land an onsite interview. The interview was pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain my projects on my resume, how much I can bench press, and how do I learn something quickly.   Answer Question

Stability is an issue for me. I am not optimistic about Chesapeake Energy after doing further research.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in November 2014.

Interview

Process is taking quite a while. I had a pre-screening phone interview, and then called in for an actual interview. It only lasted 30 min. Haven't received an email saying i didn't get the position, also haven't received a call saying I did. Going on about a month after hearing anything.

Interview Questions

• Questions were simple, basic interview questions relating to my previous positions.   Answer Question