Chesapeake Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Petroleum Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Norman, OK) in September 2016.

Interview

Very behaviorally based. They asked a lot of questions involving "tell me a time when." I was unprepared for a lot of the questions but none of them were unreasonable. I was interviewed by three engineers after a campus recruiting event.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to put someone else's needs above your own.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Tulsa, OK) in September 2015.

Interview

applied online, 15 minute on campus interview, guy liked my suit, we clicked and were pretty similar, I asked questions about the culture, got a call 3 weeks later

Interview Questions

• If you were a candy bar, which one would you be and why?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2013.

Interview

Good. They asked a lot of behavioral and situational questions. It was a little intimidating because it was supposed to be a one on one but there ended up being three managers in the interview with me

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and through the career fair. Was requested for an interview. Interview was largely behavioral based questions focusing more your fit for the company and less on previous experience and technical abilities.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy.

Interview

Applied through college career fair. Scheduled interview very quickly compared to other companies during same time frame. Basic interview questions with 2 interviewers. Very relaxed, not a stressful or intimidating interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a tough situation you've encountered in the past   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK) in September 2014.

Interview

Sat down with two people and they asked various behavioral questions. Went over my resume which was very easy to just talk about how you got to the position your currently in and where you want to go from there. Definitely like the enthusiasm. Asked specific questions about why you want to work for CHK as opposed to other similar companies in the same league.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to make a decision that you knew was right, but that people might not want to hear.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in October 2015.

Interview

Campus recruiting, basic interview with about half of the questions being behavioral and the other half simple questions about yourself. Two people were in the interviewing room alternating questions. Very nice recruiters, just make sure you know a little about the position and behavioral situations and you should be fine.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Norman, OK) in October 2017.

Interview

Met some members of the company at a career fair and was invited back for a one-on-one interview. Wore a full suit to both fair and interview. Was interviewed by engineers instead of human resources which I liked.

Interview Questions

• Explain one of your most important involvements listed on your resume.   Answer Question

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmond, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Edmond, OK) in June 2011.

Interview

I was called to a phone pre screening interview and asked to come in for a one on one interview. I interviewed with who would have been my direct supervisor and then also with her supervisor. I was asked generic interview question as well as some specific questions regarding investments.

Interview Questions

• Why would a company have $20 million dollars setting in a bank account?   2 Answers

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

A phone screen with a manager and a few programmers comes first. They ask mostly about Object Oriented Design, Patterns, and architecture. They ask questions about the skills you listed on your resume as they apply to your last or current position. It lasts between 30 minutes to an hour. Next, is the in-person interview in Oklahoma City. It's scheduled for 4 hours. The first 2 hours are with 3 managers who ask you behavioral questions from a printed list given to them by Human Resources. The next 2 hours is with 2 managers and 2 engineers. They ask some C# questions, but it's mainly about object oriented design, architecture, and patterns. They also ask about mocking, test driven design, dependency injection. They also asked about TFS, branching, and conflict resolution. They want someone with heavy Microsoft Enterprise Development experience instead of just a programmer. The last thing you do is code FizzBuzz on the whiteboard. Example questions: What is .net? What is MVC? What's a Stringbuilder and why would you use it? What is mocking? What is dependency injection? What is polymorphism? How would you set up a mocking framework in your project? What's the difference between Var and Dynamic? What is garbage collection? Name the design patterns you know. Are you familiar with continuous integration?