Chesapeake Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chesapeake Energy Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy.

Interview

Applied through college career fair. Scheduled interview very quickly compared to other companies during same time frame. Basic interview questions with 2 interviewers. Very relaxed, not a stressful or intimidating interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a tough situation you've encountered in the past   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview was scheduled 1 week after application was submitted. Interview process was smooth and I waited 1 week after interview before I received the offer for employment.

Interview Questions

• What was one mistake you made in your career?   1 Answer

Communications Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy.

Interview

Referred to the interviewer by a member of U.S. Congress representing the company's location. Interviewer was provided my resume and letters of recommendation. Also, Interviewer received a couple of emails recommending me for the position.

Interview Questions

• It was the craziest and shortest interview I ever had. The interviewer was a VP. She seemed to be very angry with me from the moment I walked into her office. She asked questions about my membership and involvement with a well known national association for professionals in my field. I just assumed she was using that as an opening to the interview. Then she immediately switched the conversation to her tirade about her personal stock market loss due to the downfall of a former employer of mine. That company declared bankruptcy following discovery of internal accounting fraud, of which I had no knowledge as an employee in an unrelated department. I expressed my sympathy for her loss and attempted to explain to her that even employees suffered tremendous loss as a result of that company bankruptcy, but she quickly escorted me to the door, where I smiled, shook her hand, told her I was very interested in the position, and thanked her for her time and consideration of my qualifications. On the way back to my parked car, which I had left only 10 minutes earlier, I wondered if she had even noted that on my list of references was a former boss, a U.S. Senator who currently served on her company's board of directors. A couple years later I read a newspaper article about her being fired in which she was labeled the most hated woman in the city. The reason I am sharing this experience is to remind everyone that you never know what to expect in an interview. All you can do is be prepared, keep your composure and good manners in check, and realize that everybody has a bad day every now and then. Know also that God has a reason for everything; you may or may not know all the answers this side of eternity; even bad experiences can have good resolutions for those called according to His purpose.   1 Answer

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

I applied online and got called about a month later about setting up an interview. The interview itself was easy. It was conversational with a few questions regarding my resume. No situational/behavioral type questions. I still haven't heard from them. It's been about a week.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for a different job?   1 Answer

Revenue Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (New York, NY).

Interview

First was a Phone Interview - That was Followed up with an in person interview. Chk campus was very nice but hard to find correct building. I'd suggest trying to find a campus map online or physically finding the building the day before.

Interview Questions

• Normal interview questions - asked about accounting background - recently graduated so did not have much work experience   Answer Question

Geoscience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Laramie, WY).

Interview

Chesapeake came to recruit at Rocky Mountain Rendezvous in Laramie, WY. There was only one round of interviews for applicants and they followed up within a week of the interview in a personal phone call. The interview itself was very relaxed and the interviewers were very friendly. Mostly typical interview questions but geared more towards my thesis research.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to tell your thesis advisor no? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Norman, OK) in September 2016.

Interview

Very behaviorally based. They asked a lot of questions involving "tell me a time when." I was unprepared for a lot of the questions but none of them were unreasonable. I was interviewed by three engineers after a campus recruiting event.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to put someone else's needs above your own.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and through the career fair. Was requested for an interview. Interview was largely behavioral based questions focusing more your fit for the company and less on previous experience and technical abilities.

Facilities Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

It stated with an om-campus school interview (with managers and recruiters) following a career fair, followed by company interview the next week or two with managers, engineers, VPs, etc. questions range from technical, behavioral, personality, etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel working in the midst of people with various backgrounds   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in October 2015.

Interview

Campus recruiting, basic interview with about half of the questions being behavioral and the other half simple questions about yourself. Two people were in the interviewing room alternating questions. Very nice recruiters, just make sure you know a little about the position and behavioral situations and you should be fine.