Chesapeake Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chesapeake Energy Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2017

2.8

Communications Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy.

Interview

Referred to the interviewer by a member of U.S. Congress representing the company's location. Interviewer was provided my resume and letters of recommendation. Also, Interviewer received a couple of emails recommending me for the position.

Interview Questions

• It was the craziest and shortest interview I ever had. The interviewer was a VP. She seemed to be very angry with me from the moment I walked into her office. She asked questions about my membership and involvement with a well known national association for professionals in my field. I just assumed she was using that as an opening to the interview. Then she immediately switched the conversation to her tirade about her personal stock market loss due to the downfall of a former employer of mine. That company declared bankruptcy following discovery of internal accounting fraud, of which I had no knowledge as an employee in an unrelated department. I expressed my sympathy for her loss and attempted to explain to her that even employees suffered tremendous loss as a result of that company bankruptcy, but she quickly escorted me to the door, where I smiled, shook her hand, told her I was very interested in the position, and thanked her for her time and consideration of my qualifications. On the way back to my parked car, which I had left only 10 minutes earlier, I wondered if she had even noted that on my list of references was a former boss, a U.S. Senator who currently served on her company's board of directors. A couple years later I read a newspaper article about her being fired in which she was labeled the most hated woman in the city. The reason I am sharing this experience is to remind everyone that you never know what to expect in an interview. All you can do is be prepared, keep your composure and good manners in check, and realize that everybody has a bad day every now and then. Know also that God has a reason for everything; you may or may not know all the answers this side of eternity; even bad experiences can have good resolutions for those called according to His purpose.   1 Answer

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

I applied online and got called about a month later about setting up an interview. The interview itself was easy. It was conversational with a few questions regarding my resume. No situational/behavioral type questions. I still haven't heard from them. It's been about a week.

Geoscience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Laramie, WY).

Interview

Chesapeake came to recruit at Rocky Mountain Rendezvous in Laramie, WY. There was only one round of interviews for applicants and they followed up within a week of the interview in a personal phone call. The interview itself was very relaxed and the interviewers were very friendly. Mostly typical interview questions but geared more towards my thesis research.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to tell your thesis advisor no? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Norman, OK) in September 2016.

Interview

Very behaviorally based. They asked a lot of questions involving "tell me a time when." I was unprepared for a lot of the questions but none of them were unreasonable. I was interviewed by three engineers after a campus recruiting event.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to put someone else's needs above your own.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and through the career fair. Was requested for an interview. Interview was largely behavioral based questions focusing more your fit for the company and less on previous experience and technical abilities.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in October 2015.

Interview

Campus recruiting, basic interview with about half of the questions being behavioral and the other half simple questions about yourself. Two people were in the interviewing room alternating questions. Very nice recruiters, just make sure you know a little about the position and behavioral situations and you should be fine.

Lease Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted my application and heard back for an interview within 1 week, straight forward interview asking about my previous jobs, my in treat in oil and gas proffession, one line manager was staring at his notes while another seemed very intrested, lasted 30 minutes, and was told they would call, talked about what it would be like when I worked there however it has been a week and I haven't heard back

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that would set you apart from others?   1 Answer

Senior Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

I have applied for no less than 9 positions for which I would be qualified. Was finally contacted by HR for a pre-screen conversation. Afterwards I was contacted for a phone interview with the HM of the position, the Credit Manager. Overall the phone interview went horrible. The HM could barely speak English and it was very clear English was a second language to Spanish. When I stated I had 20 years experience in commercial credit, his response was "Oh". Ding Ding Ding, old guy (in my 40's and he had viewed my Linkedin.com profile prior to the call). Having researched the hiring manager he is clearly in his very early 30's and was new in the role. Needless to say, the next day I received the generic decline letter. Overall, a very sad experience. Phone interviews are the laziest way a company can interview people. I have since decided not to do phone interviews for in town companies. I give my full attention while on a phone interview, and I can't compete with the hiring manager checking email, facebook and etc while doing a phone screening. HR companies; put the "human" back in interviews. You're missing quality talent by phone screening.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2015.

Interview

Very unstructured interview process. Went from person to person in their offices and talked to predetermined folks. One person that stuck out was a fellow who had a collection of hard hats over his desk. He pointed to the Enron one and said that Chesapeake reminded him a lot of Enron.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in November 2014.

Interview

Process is taking quite a while. I had a pre-screening phone interview, and then called in for an actual interview. It only lasted 30 min. Haven't received an email saying i didn't get the position, also haven't received a call saying I did. Going on about a month after hearing anything.

Interview Questions

• Questions were simple, basic interview questions relating to my previous positions.   Answer Question