Chesapeake Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 6, 2017

2.8

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

I applied online and got called about a month later about setting up an interview. The interview itself was easy. It was conversational with a few questions regarding my resume. No situational/behavioral type questions. I still haven't heard from them. It's been about a week.

Revenue Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (New York, NY).

Interview

First was a Phone Interview - That was Followed up with an in person interview. Chk campus was very nice but hard to find correct building. I'd suggest trying to find a campus map online or physically finding the building the day before.

Interview Questions

• Normal interview questions - asked about accounting background - recently graduated so did not have much work experience   Answer Question

Geoscience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Laramie, WY).

Interview

Chesapeake came to recruit at Rocky Mountain Rendezvous in Laramie, WY. There was only one round of interviews for applicants and they followed up within a week of the interview in a personal phone call. The interview itself was very relaxed and the interviewers were very friendly. Mostly typical interview questions but geared more towards my thesis research.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to tell your thesis advisor no? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Norman, OK) in September 2016.

Interview

Very behaviorally based. They asked a lot of questions involving "tell me a time when." I was unprepared for a lot of the questions but none of them were unreasonable. I was interviewed by three engineers after a campus recruiting event.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to put someone else's needs above your own.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and through the career fair. Was requested for an interview. Interview was largely behavioral based questions focusing more your fit for the company and less on previous experience and technical abilities.

Facilities Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

It stated with an om-campus school interview (with managers and recruiters) following a career fair, followed by company interview the next week or two with managers, engineers, VPs, etc. questions range from technical, behavioral, personality, etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel working in the midst of people with various backgrounds   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in October 2015.

Interview

Campus recruiting, basic interview with about half of the questions being behavioral and the other half simple questions about yourself. Two people were in the interviewing room alternating questions. Very nice recruiters, just make sure you know a little about the position and behavioral situations and you should be fine.

Production Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview then in person interview with management. Unique interview because it was for a newly created position and they did not know what the position would evolve into or what skills it would require.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Tulsa, OK) in September 2015.

Interview

applied online, 15 minute on campus interview, guy liked my suit, we clicked and were pretty similar, I asked questions about the culture, got a call 3 weeks later

Interview Questions

• If you were a candy bar, which one would you be and why?   Answer Question

Lease Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted my application and heard back for an interview within 1 week, straight forward interview asking about my previous jobs, my in treat in oil and gas proffession, one line manager was staring at his notes while another seemed very intrested, lasted 30 minutes, and was told they would call, talked about what it would be like when I worked there however it has been a week and I haven't heard back

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that would set you apart from others?   1 Answer